PDA

View Full Version : cant belive it

randomworry
14-06-10, 23:05
hi guys just wondered how old everyone is i have had anxiety disorders from 11 and now im 26 and still going through this stuff im so tired of it all.

how old is everyone else?

Ella_Jayne
14-06-10, 23:13
I'm 21, have had anxiety for as long as I can remember but have been having panic atacks and severe anxiety for the past 10 months.

daybyday
14-06-10, 23:19
Started at age 5, but that is because my memory only goes back that far.
Now I'm 54. It has come and gone over the years. About 7 years or so apart.
In the good years, I now see it wasn't really good, just ok in a lower state.
This bout I recognize so much more about the core reasons. I'm just having troubling walking them out to freedom.

crazyhayz
14-06-10, 23:27
Im 22, had my first panic attack in January, was diagnosed with anxiety disorder/panic disorder in February. After 7 long gruelling months, ive finally recovered from anxiety, and am on the road to recovery. It takes alot of hard work. It wasnt easy, and i literally had to change my whole outlook on my life and completely retrain my brain and its thoughts. I still take my citalopram and it really has been my saviour. U all can beat this.

anotherworrier
14-06-10, 23:28
im 29 had anxiety throughout my lfe on and off, worse since i had my first son at 21 when i developed post natel depression, ive kinda accepted this as part of my life now!!:shrug:

loveletter
14-06-10, 23:38
I am 47 and had ocd and some phobias from about the age of 12.

Got real bad with panic and phobias when I was 24

Anxious_gal
15-06-10, 00:16
mine started age about 10/11 and I'm not 24 and while I have a better understanding of my problems it's only gotten worse...........

randomworry
15-06-10, 00:19
mine has gotton worse too mishel wanna join my ignore health anxiety thread!?

CJA09
15-06-10, 00:24
I'm 27 and have Suffered with panic attacks and anxiety since I was 14 however I was a nervous child and yes it sucks and I wish I didn't have this anxiety demon with me all the time :( x

davey
15-06-10, 00:29
Im 29 suffered for about 12 months now however i have only just admitted it is anxiety and not serious medical conditions so im hoping that things can only get better from here

Andromeda
15-06-10, 02:40
i'm 20 , will have been suffering for a year on my 21st birthday ( a month away ! )

heather xx
15-06-10, 07:05
ive always had it as far as i can remember. Im 24 now still going strong :( still in CBT hoping to get over these silly thoughts as i cant continue to live my life like this

Neen
15-06-10, 08:04
Hi

I'm 26. Have been suffering from Anxiety for about 3 months now. Have always been a worrier - never to this extent though. Mine is simply HA. I start CBT today, so let's hope and pray it goes well for me? I've had some really nasty attacks. Even one in the car on Sunday :-( (I wasn't driving!) I'm Reading a great book called: "at last a life" by Paul David. It's really good and highly reccomend it guys. You can get it from his website. He funnily enough says don't ignore and fight your thoughts, ride with them and let them come.... Then let them go. I'll let you all know how the first session goes today. I'm not on any meds. I refused them? Don't know if that was a good or bad thing, as I begged for them the other day. Now I've resulted to codine at night because of it's sedative....:-( I pray for us all...

Neen x

sarah jayne
16-06-10, 09:59
Im 29 and have suffered with anxiety for nearly 3 years, ive tried every medication offered to me and have had 2 courses of cbt but nothing seems to work. Ive just stared taking prozac so hopefully this will save me :)

blueangel
16-06-10, 10:06
Started at age 5, but that is because my memory only goes back that far.
Now I'm 54. It has come and gone over the years. About 7 years or so apart.
In the good years, I now see it wasn't really good, just ok in a lower state.
This bout I recognize so much more about the core reasons. I'm just having troubling walking them out to freedom.

That's really weird, mine peaks around every seven years as well. It started badly when I was about 7 years old (my dad died), but I was a residually anxious child anyway, who has turned into a residually anxious adult who's never quite worked out how to enjoy life.

Like you, it comes and goes, although there is always a base level no matter how good the rest of me is feeling. It makes me so weary though; I've wasted so much time on it and no matter how many other peoples' problems I can help with, I can't sort myself out and it ought to be really simple. It's like having a radio with no volume knob; the sound is stuck on full blast and there's nothing you can do to turn it off. :wall: