PDA

View Full Version : first telephone session

jaded jean
15-06-10, 09:04
I had my first support session last night. I didnt think there would be enough to talk about for an hour but boy was I wrong. I started from why I was in the place I am at present . my child hood and what I am like and how I regard and act with other people.
It seems a I am a crowd pleaser and have been like this most of my life wanting to be accepted, be one of the gang. Doing the most outrageous things. Yes it could be attention seeking but I didnt realise that at the time. I was doing things for other people at my own expense which eventually turned out to be the expense of my mental health. I cannot blame anyone for this as what would be the use ? I cannot turn back time and make everything'NICE' but to continue to change little elements here and there to make my life more liveable. and not to eworry if my actions do not appease everyone.I am a person who needs to do things in my own time and not rush around for others.
Jean.

JT69
15-06-10, 09:18
Hi Jean,

Glad your session went well!! You sound alot like me rushing around and always thinking of others before yourself...well I used to be but since crashing in October it made me re-think what I do and I have definately taken my foot off the pedal a bit, have had to. You just realise that you have to put yourself 1st for a change and I now dont do anything I dont want or have to and if I dont want to go somewhere then I dont...if that all makes sense!!

How many sessions are you having?? I am still waiting for my sessions to come up at the GP's.

Take care and glad it went well.
JO.xx

jaded jean
15-06-10, 09:33
Hi Jo I subscribed mine through the 'No Panic' site. The support for mental health in my area is abysmal belive me. 7 months I have waited and in the end I do it for myself.Its going to be hard stepping back I know. I have to understand that my mum is being well looked after and is not aware of the canc. ulcer on her head . my dad well could be more difficult as if I dont ring him he will ring me!! Why do we pay the price with this when we help people out before looking after ourselves.?? I cant remember if I replied to your post re pregabalin etc. have a look on Drugs.com you may find it there. speak soon x
Jean

mumble
15-06-10, 11:59
It's an interesting experience. I recently started CBT on the NHS via the phone (as I am agoraphobic I cannot see her in person yet) - but we are working towards me going in for face to face therapy. It's making a difference after a month or so.

jaded jean
15-06-10, 12:36
Hi Mumble. if I remember right mine goes on for 6 weeks on a one to one basis then I can go into a group situation by phone too. Cant remember how long that one is. Good luck with your CBT.
Heres to a successful recovery to both of us.
Jean

mumble
15-06-10, 13:01
Thank you - same to you. We'll have to keep each other posted =)

jaded jean
15-06-10, 14:05
Absolutely. it will be interesting to see how it pans out for both of us.:D

miss_moose
28-06-10, 17:23
Can i ask how you got into therapy over the phone?

I want therapy and my doctor thinks i should have it too but i'm so social phobic and agoraphic this is just impossible for me.

I used to have a therapist that would come to my house but i stopped seeing her because i was so social phobic that i would worry so much about the appointments it would stop me doing anything else.

I've been wanting to try telephone therapy but i didnt know it existed on the nhs, and the thought of paying someone privately who i've never met, makes me feel uneasy.

Chem
29-06-10, 00:28
Same for me Miss Moose. Jaded Jean, how did you arrange phone therapy, please?

andrew
29-06-10, 00:47
Hi Chem, Miss Moose,

I thought I'd answer this as I saw it.

Have a look at www.nopanic.org.uk (http://www.nopanic.org.uk) they offer telephone recovery therapy, individual or group, helplines and other things. I believe it is a £12 annual membership fee. I think the waiting times are about 4 weeks. Ive done these a few years back, I thought they were ok.

Hope this helps.

Chem
29-06-10, 02:07
Thanks Andrew. I'll look.

mumble
29-06-10, 14:11
To the people who are asking how to get it - I got it via the NHS, was referred for CBT which I got within the month, and it is part of the CBT - as I am agoraphobic currently, part of the exposure therapy is talking to her on the phone until I am able to get in to see her physically.