PDA

View Full Version : citalopram side effects

imogen
15-06-10, 12:02
HI, IM back on citalopram again after6 months off it, but the side effects seem much worse this time .Its been 8 days now, does anyone get painful tension at the back of their neck?I am also a bit dizzy and it feels like someone is trying to push me over ,I also have the dreaded lump in my throat and chest.Please can someone reassure me its the cital and not an awful disease , my mind is imagining allsorts of horrors luv Immy

suzy-sue
15-06-10, 23:23
They are just the side effects ..It will all pass in a couple of weeks .Worrying will just make things worse .Try to relax more and keep occupied .There is a subforum on Citalopram further down the page btw.There you will get plenty of support to help you thru this, so dont feel alone ,T/c Sue x:hugs:

nomorepanic
15-06-10, 23:26
moving to correct forum for you.

Gareth
16-06-10, 11:22
I get really bad pain in my neck and shoulders, and a pain in the centre of my back, at the top.

This is much worse on Citalopram than when I am not taking the meds.

Gareth

keta
16-06-10, 11:52
hi Imogen

It's all side effects and they should get better i time, I'm on Citalopram for a 3rd time and this time round i had different side effects than before, mainly need to urinate every 5 minutes it's getti little bit better after a month now. Do not worry you don't have any awful disease.

:hugs:

imogen
17-06-10, 09:40
thanks for your support guys,just gotta hang on there as we always do ,just seems like it will never end,Nobody understands unless youve been there luv to you all Immy