PDA

View Full Version : Is this a panic attack??

Boxerharvey
15-06-10, 12:17
Ive had in the past panic attacks where I cannot breath and feel like my heart is beating out my chest but recently I tend to have different symptoms that my doctor still says is panic attacks.

I get pain and pressure in my head, feel sick and want to jump out my skin, my brain feels like its completely stopped working and im gunna pass out or die. Also My legs go really wobbly & weak but with all this my breathing is fine and my heart rate still seems to be fine. Often when it happens im not feeling anxious and it just comes out the Blue. it sometimes last for a few minutes sometimes an hour.
Afterwards I feel tired and for days afterwards I have bad headaches & pains in my head,feel detached and really on edge as if im going mad.

Is this still a typical panic attack because I always associated them with the breathing & heart issues.

annitsa
15-06-10, 12:58
These are usual symptoms of panic attacks. But you must do a check up tests to be sure that is not happening anything else. Do not avoid visiting a doctor because if your panic doesn't get treatment they won't go away

Trust me I know

Robbs
15-06-10, 14:45
sounds like typical anxiety to me

most of the time if you fell weird and not just actually ill in the usual sense like flu etc and even more so if you're fretting about it and constantly thinking about it then its nearly always anxiety.

anxiety symptoms are weird cos sometimes you will only get one symptom sometimes you'll get lots, and normally the pysical symptoms occor when your not feeling anxious, they tend to happen a few days or weeks after any stress you may have had, this is why it freaks people out cos it seems to come out of the blue, you will cope with stress as and when its happening its a while after that the effect it has on your mind and body kicks in.

Same advise as always, get checked out and when you're given the all clear then just rest and try not to focus on it and you'll eventually feel better.

Boxerharvey
15-06-10, 15:11
Thanks for your replies, Ive been to the doctors too many times to count and had endless blood tests, ECGs on my heart and even saw a Neuroligist but all came back clear and told evertime that its just anxiety and panic attacks. Been on numerous anti depressents but couldnt get on with them as they made me 10x worse. Amiltriptlyne is the only drug that seems to have worked and now it doesnt seem to be working any more.

Its just the symptoms just seem so bad sometimes i find it hard to believe its just anxiety. Sometimes I can go weeks without any symptoms then out of nowhere they come back. Did alot of drugs in the past when i was young and stupid so im certain it all stems from that.

Robbs
15-06-10, 18:32
Its just the symptoms just seem so bad sometimes i find it hard to believe its just anxiety. Sometimes I can go weeks without any symptoms then out of nowhere they come back. Did alot of drugs in the past when i was young and stupid so im certain it all stems from that.

i could've written that, sounds just like me :hugs:

Boxerharvey
16-06-10, 09:42
i could've written that, sounds just like me :hugs:

I think a few people on this forum are the same. The thing is has this anxiety condition been caused by past drug intake or could it just have developed regardless as some people suffer with the same symptoms but have not had a history of recreational drug use?

The thing i find really weird in my case is that for the years i took drugs i never had a panic attack or had any symptoms while under the influence, mine appeared as soon as i stopped taking them leading me to think that i was having withdrawal symptoms and they would eventually pass, where as most peoples post i have read on here had panic attacks while being under the influence of drugs and have had them ever since.