PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie...

blueangel
15-06-10, 13:28
Hello all

What can I tell you about me in a few lines?

Like most of you here, I suffer with anxiety (and depression) and have done for a long time (on and off since I was 7!) and this mostly shows itself in health anxiety.

As far as worrying goes, I've been there, done that and got the t-shirt; panic attacks, headaches, GI symptoms, palpitations, blah blah blah. I'd always hoped I would have grown out of it by now, but I haven't, so maybe I'll feel better talking to fellow sufferers.

I was a member of another similar forum a few years ago, but there always seemed to be a lot of arguing and fighting on there, which put me off rather as I'm a fairly peaceable sort.

I'm full of (mostly) useless information and always happy to help others - I suppose it's just a pity I can't take my own advice now and then! :wacko:

nomorepanic
15-06-10, 13:30
Hi blueangel

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

StoneMonkey
16-06-10, 04:02
Hi Blueangel,

Panic attacks, anxiety, t-shirts yep me too.
It does help to talk about it though.
Its a good place to vent it with people who know.

Blimey what were they fighting over on the other forum. Who is the most limited or my phobia is bigger than yours?

I am a huge fan of useless imformation. I often dish it out but at least it means I have made an effort.

Wishing you a peaceable stay.

Simon.

blueangel
16-06-10, 09:50
Blimey what were they fighting over on the other forum. Who is the most limited or my phobia is bigger than yours?

:D

It seemed like that sometimes. One of the problems was the constant fight of the "pro-medication" and "anti-medication" brigades, and they could never seem to agree to differ....

daydreamer
16-06-10, 12:34
welcome blueangel,

Glad you have found this forum. I think most of us here are so over the pro/anti medication debate! and most of us know from experience that what works for one person wont necessarily for for another. Im not here to argue or dicate, Im here to offer advice and support :yesyes: although like you I am also guilty of not following my own advice sometimes!