PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle meet up

Pages : [1] 2

vicky23
15-06-10, 14:39
a follow on from discussions about meeting up...
if you would be interested please post with dates you'd be available, I think July was suggested

johnno
15-06-10, 18:26
why not june 26th ???

vicky23
15-06-10, 18:43
we were going for July cos MattP has his A levels around that time, stressful enough time

Raindog
15-06-10, 18:59
I'm still waiting to see if I can get a job in the next couple of weeks to afford it, chances are if I do get one it would be easiest for me on a Saturday, but I'll have to let you know how it goes as we get closer to July.

Shaun

vicky23
15-06-10, 19:03
okey dokey Shaun

Oddfish
15-06-10, 19:24
Any time good for me

vicky23
15-06-10, 19:39
ok great, trickyvee tell us a bit about yourself I know nothing lol how old you are, interests, if you work etc just feel like I know someone a bit more if I have some basic info I'd feel a bit awkward meeting and being like 'sooo trickyvee...' lol

Raindog
15-06-10, 19:40
Calling trickyvee to Interrogation Room 1 please...
:D

vicky23
15-06-10, 19:42
lol Shaun, I'm the good cop mind ;) hehe

Raindog
15-06-10, 19:49
That's ok, I usually play the bad cop anyway, I suit the part :)

johnno
15-06-10, 21:19
we could have two meet ups ? :) one june 26th and one when others are able to in july ?

or we could go for mid july for convenience if we just having the one ?

vicky23
15-06-10, 21:21
lol Johnno you're keen :D I'd be up for that like a practice meet up hehe

johnno
16-06-10, 17:22
haha yep well do the dress rehearsal lol

vicky23
19-06-10, 10:36
hi Johnno, it's 19th today so looks like it would only be me and thee for a meet up on 26th so do you want to leave it til the real thing in july? I find making conversation in real life difficult so might be a bit awkward with just 2 of us, what do you think?
Hope you're doing well :)

johnno
19-06-10, 14:09
awkward or not i think we should do it :)
we both totally understand the awkwardness . but it would be nice . as i dont get out much with other people lol

vicky23
19-06-10, 15:02
alrighty then :D I will bring some games to keep us occupied and a list of conversation starters :D lol hehe When/where do you want to meet?

vicky23
19-06-10, 15:12
if anyone else should like to join us for a June meet up that would be great then we can have more game players :D it'll be fun we could call it 'the loonies day out' :D no offence intended lol

johnno
19-06-10, 16:55
games ?? what kinda games ? lol

vicky23
19-06-10, 17:00
I do voluntary youth work so I like to be prepared with some ice breaker games such as articulate- where you have to describe the thing on the card without saying the word or this or that where you choose between 2 things like vanilla or chocolate or ummm if you had 3 wishes what would they be etc etc :) takes the pressure off to make conversation I think but still brings fun and you get to know the person/people you're playing with

t0rt01se36
19-06-10, 17:08
Why don't you - Vicky and Johnno go to York on 26th June?

I will definately meet you both and am up for a game or two.

Too many places where we could meet up but I guess we could meet some where, then decide what cafe or pub to go to.

I'll pm others if you want, that might be able to go to York.

Ju

johnno
19-06-10, 17:26
ju i think if we change it to york we will just confuse things just leave it as it is for now then we can do a york one another time .

johnno
19-06-10, 17:27
ah i see vicky i thought you were going to bring a monopoly set or summit at first there lol

vicky23
19-06-10, 18:49
lol haha we really would look like a couple of loonies then :D

Raindog
19-06-10, 20:24
Well I may have to wait a few weeks to hear if I have this job but I'm hopeful so even if I can't make something in July, I will be up for something even if it's a little later in the year. If you guys get to know each other at any meet ups you have beforehand then I can join you in any subsequent ones.

Hopefully I will be gainfully employed soon, but it depends how long that takes, however long it takes, I'll be up for a meet up in Newcastle or York, but it's likely I won't be able to afford to make the one in July. Have a great time.

Shaun

johnno
20-06-10, 13:43
rain if you struggling to fund for it im happy to pop a few pennys into your donation box lol

Harri
21-06-10, 00:05
Hi all,

I'm not really a forum user. Plan on using the chat really, but I'd be interested in meeting up if you decide to do it in July in Newcastle. I live really close and I'd be interested to meet some new people :)

I suffer from SA so a chance to meet new people's always appreciated. I'll follow the thread to keep updated.

vicky23
21-06-10, 10:00
great harri :) it will be a delight to meet you :) just waiting for people to post which dates they're free.
I think thurs, fri, sat are good days for me any date in July

johnno
22-06-10, 19:46
vicky we still meeting this weekend ?

_Psychocandy_
25-06-10, 23:56
Hi everyone. I just found this forum whilst looking for help with my anxiety issues! I live in newcastle and would find it really helpfull to be able to meet some people who I can relate to. So I'd be interested in meeting people, if you'll have me?!:)

Kate

vicky23
26-06-10, 10:02
of course we'd love to have you Kate! in fact I think the girls were a bit outnumbered for a while so it'll be great to have another lady on board :D
if you don't mind could you tell us a bit about yourself, if you read the thread you'll see I'm a bit obsessive about this :blush: lol I just feel more comfortable knowing a little bit about someone :)

Raindog
26-06-10, 10:08
Well I have my 2nd job interview next Friday, so might be working shortly after that. If I have the cash I'll try and make the meet up later in July.

_Psychocandy_
26-06-10, 17:39
Vicky thats ok, I totally understand!
I'm Kate, 25 and I live in Newcastle (heaton). I've had problems with social anxiety all my life really. I'm doing a lot better with it now than I have done and I'm now working and at uni (Northumbria). I've got good friends, but still find it difficult meeting new people, particularly people who understand my issues!
I was actually really suprised to find this website and discover that I'm not alone in how i feel, can totally relate to most of what people are talking about. Would love the chance to meet nice, undertanding, non judgemental people:)

vicky23
26-06-10, 17:42
fantastic :) I'm 23 so it's good to have people round about that age. coming to the meet is also johnno who's 22 and Harri who's 26 so that's cool :) our youngest is 18 Matt from Whickam and our oldest...well maybe we shouldn't go there ;) hehe
yeah its a great site!

Harri
26-06-10, 22:31
If we're talking July and a weekend then I can do the weekends of the 10th and 17th any day, and possibly sunday the 25th. If anybody fancied a weeknight evening meet then I can definitely manage most night up until the 25th too.

vicky23
27-06-10, 17:10
how is the 17th for everyone else? it's good for me, if others can't make the 17th we could always go for an evening meet altho I wouldn't like to stay out too late as you lot might be vampires :P

Raindog
27-06-10, 17:40
Hi Kate, I was living in Heaton while I worked in Newcastle, really nice area. I used to like walking through the park there and down the heavily forested bit that leads out to the Armstrong bridge.

I'll see how it goes after this Friday and let you know when I can make it, it's still up in the air for me until I know I have it.

Pope
27-06-10, 19:39
Hi everyone. I live just north of Newcastle and would be interested in coming along if you'll have me? :)

Kevin

vicky23
27-06-10, 19:45
of course! anyone is welcome we would love to have you. come on then you know the drill.....tell us about yourself hehe :winks:

Raindog
27-06-10, 19:49
See Vicky, I said give it some time didn't I?

Build it and they will come :)

vicky23
27-06-10, 19:51
you did you did! however, I said I was disappointed that no-one got back to me of the messages I sent out which they haven't but that's ok infact that's fab cos it means these people are recovering and no longer need NMP but we have a new era :D

_Psychocandy_
27-06-10, 20:44
Hey, Vicky- glad to up the number of girls!
Raindog- yeah Heaton is really nice, just moved here from Gateshead. love the park, was a bit scared going in alone though!

Raindog
27-06-10, 21:00
Raindog- yeah Heaton is really nice, just moved here from Gateshead. love the park, was a bit scared going in alone though!

The park is quite safe, I wandered through form the coast road one Friday night when I was very, very drunk and there was nobody around. You might see the chinese guy that does his Tai Chi on the bandstand early on a morning at some time.

Take an explore around the back of the park, besides the nice, wild, wooded bit there is also a little area through the other entrance that feels more like a little village with its own pub, it feels rather serene out there considering it's so close to the coast road and middle of the city. And make sure you check out the arts fair that they hold every Sunday morning up on the Armstrong bridge too, some nice stuff for sale up there :)

Shaun

_Psychocandy_
27-06-10, 21:16
Aw thanks for the advise shaun, will give it a look next week!:)

vicky23
27-06-10, 21:19
where in newcastle does anyone want to meet? I was thinking outside the station to start with cos its easy and central ? or wherever anyone wants really

_Psychocandy_
27-06-10, 21:21
Yeah Vicky thats fine with me:)

vicky23
27-06-10, 21:25
are we all going to wear a type of flower as a brouch so we now who each other are? lol or we could all wear bowler hats or carry a flag or something hehe suggestions welcome ;)

Harri
29-06-10, 18:58
Station's good for me :)

As for meeting, I think if we've already agreed on a specific spot that should be easy enough... I dunno about the flowers. I don't think I have any clothes that would go :p Last time I did something like this I posted a pic of the t-shirt I was going to wear. Then I wore a jacket and I had to go find them anyway!

vicky23
29-06-10, 20:35
just post a pic of you, we're going to see you soon anyway lol I think I'll wear a flower just cos I like that idea I like flowers hehe

Oddfish
29-06-10, 20:42

check out the shoe tree in Heaton Park :D

Harri
29-06-10, 21:30

I was there a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't find it :/ I did see one shoe in a tree, but I suspect it was unrelated.

MattP
30-06-10, 22:45
Hello chaps and chappettes. Sorry for the lack of contribution. Just finished the A levels today. Had to lots of work and all that. What's the date for the meet up? I can't do the weekend of the 17th. I'm at a wedding down in Brighton that weekend.

_Psychocandy_
30-06-10, 23:05

Cool, I'll add that to the list to see! Thanks

vicky23
01-07-10, 10:24
hey Matt congratulations :D well done
well we haven't exactly set a date yet at this stage it's just seeing when people can and cannot do.
Harri suggested doing an evening or of course we don't have to do July there's no immediate rush to meet. I think we should do August 29th weekend cos that's my birthday so I'd make you all sing me happy birthday and wear party hats hahaha
no seriously though how about either an evening up to the 25th of July
OR the first weekend in August?

vicky23
01-07-10, 10:33
just reading back and the 25th July (Sun) is a possibility also, I could only do the afternoon then though.
so to sum up we have either
a)pretty much any evening up til up til 25th July
b)25th July during the day
c)sat or sun first weekend in Aug
simples :yesyes:
well not simples exactly but not too complicated lol
what does anyone think?

_Psychocandy_
01-07-10, 12:32
Any of those are ok with me:)

MattP
02-07-10, 19:01
Ah, there are a lot of dates there. The only times I definitely can't do are the weekend of the 16th July. Other than that, I have a fairly free schedule. So just name a day/ time and I'll pop along :)

Harri
02-07-10, 20:23
I can probably do the 25th. I'm going mountain biking on the 24th so if I'm still in one piece at the end of it then I'll happily come along :D

MattP
03-07-10, 16:09
How about the 25th for the meet up then? Can everyone else make that date? :)

vicky23
05-07-10, 13:43
I can do 25th of July in the afternoon. 2pm?

MattP
05-07-10, 14:04
Sounds good vicky.
What about the rest of you guys?

_Psychocandy_
05-07-10, 17:52
Yep, thats good for me!:)

MattP
05-07-10, 20:01
Ok, so we have Vicky, myself and psychocandy signed up for th 25th at 2pm (sorry psychocandy, I don't think I know your name, I'm guessing you wouldn't approve of the nickname 'psycho' :blush:)

How about the rest of you guys? Can you make the 25th?

Harri
05-07-10, 20:42
I'm in provided I've not gone over my handlebars on the saturday and my SA hasn't got the better of me. :D

MattP
05-07-10, 21:04
Well be wary of the bike for the days prior to the 25th if it's going to take part in a bit of sabotage Harri :winks:

vicky23
05-07-10, 21:42
hey Matt we all decided that we're going to wear fancy dress so we recognise each other. we decided it when you were busy with A-levels. that cool with you?

Pope
05-07-10, 21:44
Sorry this has taken a while. I'm Kevin, 28 and I live not far from Gosforth park. I've suffered from panic attacks since my school days. I've been quite lucky and over time managed to deal with them to the point that I've been working full time for the past 5 years, as well as keeping myself as busy as possible so I have less time to think and panic :D I still suffer from some anxiety problems, and recently have struggled socially so it will be nice to meet up with everyone.

I could make the 25th too.

Kevin

vicky23
05-07-10, 21:49
don't worry about the delayed reply Kevin no problem at all!
I have great admiration for you working full time with anxiety issues that's really good you can overcome it like that.
If you don't mind me asking, what relevance does the nickname have? anything to do with the Catholic faith or something completely different?

Pope
05-07-10, 21:54
don't worry about the delayed reply Kevin no problem at all!
I have great admiration for you working full time with anxiety issues that's really good you can overcome it like that.
If you don't mind me asking, what relevance does the nickname have? anything to do with the Catholic faith or something completely different?
Pope is my surname :D It's been my username on forums for years.

vicky23
05-07-10, 21:56
that's good I don't like catholics.....
joking of course

vicky23
05-07-10, 22:32
I was also joking about the fancy dress part...altho I found that amusing myself, like the batman and robin incident on only fools...
so, we're meeting on 25th of July, 2pm at newcastle central station -lovely

MattP
06-07-10, 10:39
I was also joking about the fancy dress part...altho I found that amusing myself, like the batman and robin incident on only fools...
so, we're meeting on 25th of July, 2pm at newcastle central station -lovely

What? No fancy dress? :ohmy:
I've just bought a costume and everything! This is most disappointing news :weep:

vicky23
06-07-10, 12:11
hahahaha Matt, what were you going to come as? I wanted to come as mini mouse, the others thought we'd look silly :( hehe

MattP
06-07-10, 17:37
hahahaha Matt, what were you going to come as? I wanted to come as mini mouse, the others thought we'd look silly :( hehe

I was planning on going as a somewhat gangly leprechaun. I don't think it's really me though, so maybe it's best not.

_Psychocandy_
11-07-10, 00:20
Hey! Sorry for late reply! 25th sounds fab to me! where abouts in the station are we meeting?

vicky23
11-07-10, 19:12
hi Kate, ummmm I don't know how about outside WHSmiths?
I was wondering, how does anyone feel about swapping mobile numbers, I wouldn't mind sending the people who are planning on going my number so we have a contact while en route and offline lol just as a security thing so we know there's some way of getting in touch other than online, I'd feel better knowing that I could text someone if I was going to be late or if I got there and no-one else was there! lol
hope everyone is well
x

cherbear32
11-07-10, 19:17
Hi - I'm new here and to Newcastle. I'm from Bristol so I would absolutely love to meet

vicky23
11-07-10, 19:18
fantastic cher, we would love to have you :D so we're meeting on Sun 25th July at 2pm at Newcastle central station

cherbear32
11-07-10, 19:31
Thank you so much - that's fantastic. I'm currently at my computer forcing myself to eat something and it's very hard. Anxiety really affects my eating and is very worrying. Started Ad's last week. Anyone have any tips for eating?!!!!

MattP
12-07-10, 00:02
Yeah I'm fine with swapping numbers chaps, just drop me a PM for it :)
On another note, do any of you guys have facebook?

Cher, I don't have any real tips but I can tell you that my eating habits suffer badly because of the anxiety as well. It's not half irritating :blush:

Going home
12-07-10, 00:14
Have been reading this thread with much amusement tonight...it could be turned into a movie script :D I hope you all do get to meet in the end and have a fab time!

Anna xxx

cherbear32
12-07-10, 09:36
Thank you Matt - I guess I'll have to wait until the A/D's starting working to hopefully get my appetite back

vicky23
12-07-10, 10:17
lol Anna NOW THAT would make a good movie!!! hehee we shall have to post after the 25th with how it goes :D xx
yes I do have facebook Matt I will PM you my details

MattP
12-07-10, 11:26
Cher what are 'A/Ds'?

Just keep trying. But remember, all in little steps. Rome wasn't built in a day, and folk on the forum are always willing to help if you need advice or need to vent :)

cherbear32
12-07-10, 15:54
Hi Matt

The anti-depressants. I'm not familiar with the lingo just yet!! It's citalopram.

MattP
12-07-10, 17:10
Hi Matt

The anti-depressants. I'm not familiar with the lingo just yet!! It's citalopram.

Ah, silly me :)
I've just started citalopram today as well. I've always had reservations about going on meds, but I thought I'd give it a go :blush:

cherbear32
12-07-10, 17:54
Hi Matt - I started mine last week. I was very apprehensive about it - but only because I've been on them before and didn't think i'd ever 'need' them again. They really did work for me last time so fingers crossed they will this time! Hope it works out for you too

Pope
12-07-10, 18:31
Ah, silly me :)
I've just started citalopram today as well. I've always had reservations about going on meds, but I thought I'd give it a go :blush:
That's three of us then. I just started them two weeks ago. I was the same as you Matt, never really wanted to use them but was advised by the Doc to give them a go for a short while. Very strange for the first day or two for me, but fine now.

I'm on FB too, will PM details when I'm back on computer rather than phone.

MattP
12-07-10, 18:36
Hi Matt - I started mine last week. I was very apprehensive about it - but only because I've been on them before and didn't think i'd ever 'need' them again. They really did work for me last time so fingers crossed they will this time! Hope it works out for you too

I'm hopeful they'll help. I always thought that I'd be strongly opposed to the idea of taking meds because I wanted to deal with the anxiety on my own, but I'm realising now that maybe I need that little bit of help :blush:

So will you be coming to the meet, or do you want to wait a little bit? :)

MattP
12-07-10, 18:38
That's three of us then. I just started them two weeks ago. I was the same as you Matt, never really wanted to use them but was advised by the Doc to give them a go for a short while. Very strange for the first day or two for me, but fine now.

I'm on FB too, will PM details when I'm back on computer rather than phone.

Indeed. I was always quite against it. But here's to breaking down boundries of thought and all that :D
I'm waiting for some horrific side effects to come around. Just for sh*ts and giggles. Nothing yet though :p

Ah great stuff pope. Drop me a PM when you can then :D

vicky23
12-07-10, 19:42
sh*ts might be quite literal Matt lol

MattP
12-07-10, 20:00
sh*ts might be quite literal Matt lol

O.O

... Oh. Well. Just 'giggles' hopefully :blush:

vicky23
12-07-10, 20:02
lol I actually have no idea, just found that expression funny I've never heard it before
but yes wishing you all much giggles

cherbear32
12-07-10, 20:19
I would like to come to the meet - i think getting out and meeting people will be a good thing. I've been up here a month (originally from Bristol area). I moved up here as my boyfriend is originally from up here. Unfortunately he doesn't understand and I understand why he doesn't!

vicky23
12-07-10, 20:32
we should set up an 'event' on facebook, or we could just make this like the longest thread EVER in the history of...the internet lol I don't know about anyone else but that amount of vastness i.e. the internet I find rather scary:blush:

MattP
12-07-10, 20:33
I would like to come to the meet - i think getting out and meeting people will be a good thing. I've been up here a month (originally from Bristol area). I moved up here as my boyfriend is originally from up here. Unfortunately he doesn't understand and I understand why he doesn't!

Remember, only come if you really want to. There's no pressure what so ever. We all understand how hard it is to deal with anxiety :)
He may not understand from personal experience, but no doubt he's supportive of you, and that's the important thing :D

Pope
12-07-10, 21:04
we should set up an 'event' on facebook, or we could just make this like the longest thread EVER in the history of...the internet lol I don't know about anyone else but that amount of vastness i.e. the internet I find rather scary:blush:
There's a thread on a forum I use with over 13,000 replies. Could we beat that? :D

vicky23
12-07-10, 22:07
I doubt it Kevin lol

cherbear32
12-07-10, 22:29
I do want to come - and hopefully the tablets will be kicking in soon so i'll be less anxious

MattP
12-07-10, 22:44
I do want to come - and hopefully the tablets will be kicking in soon so i'll be less anxious

Sounds great :D

_Psychocandy_
14-07-10, 00:54
hi guys, sorry for the lateness of this but think that outside whsmiths sounds like a great place to meet!
Also my name on facebook is slightly diff to what i've been using on here for privicy reasons! just wanted to explain
Also- Cherbear regarding the appetite thing i've really suffered bad through this, but if you're still having trouble ask your doc about nutritional supplements. they are high calorie protien drinks that replace meals if you can't face eating. you may have already had this advise, in which case I'll shutup lol!
It'll be great to meet you all!

cherbear32
14-07-10, 18:23
Thank you psychocandy - i have been drinking complan

Harri
18-07-10, 01:31
Just wondering if anyone's thought of where to go after we meet? Like any preferred places to hang out or whatever. I say this only because I'm incapable of making any kind of decision so if anyone asks me on the day I'm just going to stare and go "urrrr...".

Randy Orton
18-07-10, 11:23
Im not far from Newcastle, (Middlesbrough) so wouldnt mind attending something like this even though Im brand new to the site. May help clear my troubled mind

vicky23
18-07-10, 14:58
lol Harri that's funny, I was just telling my Dad about our meet and he said 'so what you going to do?' I was like 'hmm not got that far yet!' so I was thinking go to starbucks just across from the station and order 7 chamomile teas :)
Randy, you are very welcome to join us we are meeting on sun 25th at 2pm outside WHSmiths at central station. so far there are 7? of us and you would make 8 :)

vicky23
18-07-10, 15:00
oh and also Randy, have you met Raindog yet? he's also from middlesbrough and may be joining us depending on how his job search goes

x-amyb-x
18-07-10, 17:04
Hi,
Ive just found this group now, and Im just wondering if I have missed the meet up? and if not would I be able to tag along.
Im 20 and Im from Whitley Bay, and have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for about 4 years now, so it would be great to meet some fellow worriers :)

vicky23
19-07-10, 11:14
hi Amy, no you haven't missed the meet we're meeting on Sun 25th July at 2pm, outside WHSmiths at central station followed by soothing herbal tea of choice (no stimulating coffee allowed :winks:) at starbucks across the road
of course you are very welcome to join us :) a lot of us are around your age too so that's good :)

cherbear32
19-07-10, 11:52
Will definitely be ordering the chamomile tea and not the coffee!!!!! Hope you are all ok x

vicky23
19-07-10, 12:25
hehe me too Cher :) I'm good thanks how are you? hope you're enjoying your new area x

Emphyrio
19-07-10, 18:48
Hello, just noticed this thread - although I don't use this forum much (I know I should - it's good to chat about problems!) I'd quite like to come along as it's only a short train ride away, and would be good to chat to people with something in common. Its been pretty lonely for me recently with all sorts of worries cropping up regarding next year, where I pretty much have to force myself to be more independent and do things which may involve embarrassment or humiliation.

cherbear32
19-07-10, 18:52
Hi Vicky. I'm ok thank you. Still getting 'moments'! I guess I'm just waiting for the cit to properly 'kick in'. I'm certainly better than i was last week thank god. I'm getting used to the area - be nice to meet some people.

Harri
19-07-10, 21:04
I might pass on the tea, not a huge tea fan. I had a week where I ordered a different tea every place I went and I didn't like any of them :/

I'll order something unusual to fit in though :p

vicky23
19-07-10, 21:40
Harri I would love to try some of starbucks frapachino's mmmmm
I've just ordered today some 'orange, mango and cinnomom' tea which a friend recommended saying it tasted nice then I found it at ASDA and it was a twinings 'moment of calm' so that's good :) chamomile is really quite yucky tasting but it is actually very calming

_Psychocandy_
19-07-10, 23:34
hey all! Nooo, coffee for me, I need the caffiene to function !:D hehe

Hey, the numbers are increasisng rapidly now! so how many we up to?

Pope
19-07-10, 23:45
hey all! Nooo, coffee for me, I need the caffiene to function !:D hehe

It has to be coffee for me too! I sometimes worry that I spend more time at Starbucks than I do at home. :D

vicky23
20-07-10, 09:52
lol cait and pope I saw that on your facebooks you 'like' caffeine I wanted to tell you both off but there was no comment button :( lol
numbers are up to 9 now, 11 actually showing interest but 3 I haven't heard from in a a month or so, so I'm thinking 9

x-amyb-x
20-07-10, 10:48
Im still keen on coming, so you can count me in. Is there any possibility I could add any of you on facebook just so I know who Im looking for when I get there haha?
x

Emphyrio
20-07-10, 14:06
Thankfully I'm slightly intolerant to coffee, otherwise I'd drink a lot more of it than I already do!

cherbear32
23-07-10, 17:55
Are we all still for this everyone??

vicky23
23-07-10, 19:19
I am Cher :) I'm excited looking forward to meeting you all

Harri
23-07-10, 19:52
Getting loads more anxious about it every day but I'm still in. In theory. Yes. Maybe. Definitely. Argh.

Yeah I'll be there.

vicky23
23-07-10, 20:23
lol Harri that's the kind of cycle I go through in my head a lot before an event.
be assured that not everyone of the group suffers from SA and so you can just sit back and listen to conversation for a while if that would help you. also we all suffer from a form of anxiety and so we understand how you feel to a certain degree altho I know that no-one can no fully know what another person is feeling but we have a good idea :)
is there anything in particular that you're anxious about that we can help you with?
for example a simple thing might be what will be do when we meet so we're all agreed, a hug would be too much for people with SA I guess so should we stick to a non physical greeting? I know someone reading this without issues would probably laugh at the simplicity of 'how to greet someone' but hopefully it'll help. you know the Michael McIntyre sketch over the hug or handshake? lol very funny anyway....

_Psychocandy_
23-07-10, 22:07
Hey, I'm still up for it guys. Feeling anxious but looking forward to meeting you all at the same time:) If that maks sense?
Completely agree with what Vicky said, we are all sufferers of SA, and who better to understand each other

johnno
24-07-10, 10:06
Ill be going :)

vicky23
24-07-10, 10:08
JOHNNO! lol you make 10, I had actually thought you must have gone off with moji to find yourself or something cos I hadn't heard from you in so long :P:D yay I'm really glad you'll be there

Pope
24-07-10, 13:04
I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

vicky23
25-07-10, 09:40
9.34AM on the day of the meet: Vicky is feeling really rather anxious and irritible at the very silliest thing such as the news on TV or the phone ringing. Dr Claire Weekes theory of accepting the fear is somewhat being replaced by the desire to come up a hill and shout
however I am still also looking forward to meeting you all and hope that you're all not too nervous x

x-amyb-x
25-07-10, 11:51
Hi so sorry i wont be able to make the meet up! Ive just found out I have to look after my nephew! Next one I will definately be there :)

johnno
25-07-10, 11:55
ill be there vicky *hugs*
you will be amazed the liberation facing our fears does :) may not seem like it at times but it is :) vicky will you send me your number on private message and ill contact you when im there

johnno
25-07-10, 11:55
amy bring him with you haha

vicky23
25-07-10, 12:39
hey no probs at all Amy have a good day x
Johno got your PM will text you now so you get my number

vicky23
25-07-10, 16:17
yay we did it! well done everyone :D
I just got back there now hope everyone had a good time you're all lovely people look forward to next time

Emphyrio
25-07-10, 22:38
Was good to meet everyone - downside though is that I ended up locking myself out of my house so have to wait for my housemate to get home :s

_Psychocandy_
25-07-10, 23:35
Hey, it was really great to meet you all:)
I think you're all really lovely people and you all did so well today so I hope you are proud of yourselves:D

johnno
26-07-10, 10:07
sooooooo.......whens the next one ? llol

cherbear32
26-07-10, 11:48
Great meeting you all and look forward to donig it again soon.

vicky23
26-07-10, 12:47
and what should we do? we could do something different like.....go ice skating or the cinema or.... (no mountain biking harri :P ) hehe

cherbear32
26-07-10, 14:23
or go to the beach and be at one with nature! Might need some slightly better weather for that tho. Not too hot tho

johnno
26-07-10, 14:24
aaaah vicky i know what we can do whatll be good :) go karting :D

cherbear32
26-07-10, 14:46
what about for the girls Johno!!!!!!! Although maybe girls can enjoy go karting

vicky23
26-07-10, 15:12
lol I'm rubbish at driving things, I couldn't drive a dodgem! that not being sarcastic I mean I literally tried but went round and round in circles on the floor-very embarrassing

johnno
26-07-10, 15:23
looks like go karting is out the window then haha

cheryl dont give me that you got a bmw :P what can a little go kart be to a bmw lol youll be beating the men lol

vicky aslong as we all wear a helmet we should be safe haha its probably easier to drive than a dodgem also .. but its only a suggestion mind im open to anything :) what ideas have yous got in mind ?

johnno
26-07-10, 15:24
we could all pack our bags and chip in on a campervan and just go on a super long road trip :)

vicky23
26-07-10, 15:46
uummm shopping? :D hehe only joking don't worry
campervan road trip lol it's funny I was just watching a programme on tv where they sit around on the beach in America with a bonfire and drinks I would love to do that!
only problem is of course English beaches tend to get a tad chilly lol

johnno
26-07-10, 15:52
vicky went to hippy festival before and although was quite wacky some of it . there was nothing better than sitting around a campfire at night and people bringing there musical instruments guitars etc and just playing quiet tune :) was awesome .

so yes im up for shopping campervan shopping haha

Emphyrio
26-07-10, 17:41
Hike along Hadrian's wall?

vicky23
26-07-10, 18:56
hike??:scared15: I'd be up for a gentle stroll lol
Johnno where do you go to go karting?

cherbear32
26-07-10, 19:04
I would love to bugger off in a campervan for a month and have bonfires get drunk and not have a care in the world!! But, I don't think the boyfriend would take too kindly to that. I'm up for the hiking - i'm not very fit tho so will need lots of breaks for eating to replenish the calories!!!

cherbear32
26-07-10, 19:05
Johno - Karting depends how much it costs cos I'm unemployed and have no income whatsover til i sell my car!

vicky23
26-07-10, 19:55
yeah good point on the cost for karting thing and Cher I'd definitley have the same issues with fitness so we could lag behind the boys eating chocolate to up the cals hehehe

_Psychocandy_
27-07-10, 00:06
Did someone mention bowling:) that would be a laugh, don't fancy the footwear though! I'm also liking the walking thing too, maybe along a beach nice:) yeah, weather depending tho... If we did that we should have a back up plan too in case the weather was yuk. Picnic on the beach?!

johnno
27-07-10, 09:48
crikey everyones going to need a week off at this rate haha to fit everything in :) i think bowling is a great idea . makes me feel claustophoebic like but ill still go :)

x-amyb-x
27-07-10, 09:51
Hey, Im glad you all had a good time at the meetup :) im dissapointed I couldnt go. I will be at the next one though!

vicky23
27-07-10, 09:54
we don't have to do them all in the same week Johnny lol
and we'll look forward to meeting you Amy any preferences on what we do?

johnno
27-07-10, 09:56
i know just kiddin :) i think bowling sounds good though but if its abit expensive the walk would be nice with a picnic :) i dont think ive ever been to hadrians wall , whats it like ?

johnno
27-07-10, 09:58
yes amy feel welcome to come we were all really nervous last time but everyone was great they were really nice bunch of people :)

vicky23
27-07-10, 09:58
well it's....a wall really

johnno
27-07-10, 10:03
hahahaha , no way ???

vicky23
27-07-10, 10:07
what were you expecting like? lol
it's a reaaally long but small height wise wall of bricks that are crumbling a bit now

johnno
27-07-10, 10:09
off to meet the father :) speak soon cheeky :P lol

johnno
27-07-10, 10:10
i meant is there much scenery and much woodlands or just fields or you know something more than just a wall :P lol

vicky23
27-07-10, 10:17
just fields from what I remember

cherbear32
27-07-10, 11:02
i like idea of beach and picnic, walk along hadrians wall. Like thought of being outside as I seem to be in alot lately! what beaches are recommended?

cherbear32
27-07-10, 11:03
and exercise supposed to be good for walking off that pesky bloody anxiety!! Get rid of that adrenaline!

johnno
27-07-10, 14:37
ok im up for a walk :) i can see me having to carry cheryl half way like so make sure theres no hills lol . and please dont choose south shields beach ive been there more times than anything else lol

johnno
27-07-10, 14:39
and i heard boxing was good for getting rid of adrenaline :P hahaha

vicky23
27-07-10, 14:43
lol hahahaa well it's perfect there's 4 boys and 4 girls so the boys can do the serious hiking and girls can lag behind having a gossip :D Hadrians wall is a bit boring though and it's quite a way a way so how about we go to saltwell park we could bring a frisbee and play on the swings or go for a walk too

vicky23
27-07-10, 14:45
Harri can bring his bike and he can take turns giving us rides around the park hahaa :P:yahoo:

vicky23
27-07-10, 14:46
or the beach I forgot about the beach suggestion, can play frisbee on beach too

johnno
27-07-10, 14:52
looks like ill have to buy a bikini then

vicky23
27-07-10, 14:54
oh goodness I don't know if us girls could stand the heat if you took your shirt off Johnno :P

johnno
27-07-10, 14:58
i was toned once over viki id have agreed with you then but everythings starting to go south abit so i wouldnt get too excited haha .

johnno
27-07-10, 14:58
i sound like an 80 year old man lol

vicky23
27-07-10, 15:00
well we'll make the meet for next month, 500 sit ups a day, you'll be ripped ready for the beach :D :P and yes you do sound like an old man lol 'eeehh the ladies used to love me you know'

johnno
27-07-10, 15:05
ill be coming on a mobility scooter if i do that many a day for a month haha with an oxygen mask attached to me . i know nothing like kiddin myself is they ? lol vicky you ever seen green wing ?

vicky23
27-07-10, 15:34
no I've heard of it, never seen it though is that the one about political drama?

cherbear32
27-07-10, 15:40
I'll be holding you to carrying me Johno if we're going hiking!!! Not sure about boxing! where's saltwell park? Frisbe sounds fund too

cherbear32
27-07-10, 15:44
anyone got any tips for complete and utter boredom??!! Not working is a really shock to the system!! I stay up late get up late and it's a good day if i even have a wash i'm lacking tht much motivation. I certainly miss the social aspects of working

johnno
27-07-10, 15:45
haha cheryl ill carry you half way and you carry me half way :P lol

ill put the clips on here of dr.statham off green wing honestly im only person that likes it who i know lol but i find dr.statham hilarious lol ill put few links up

vicky23
27-07-10, 15:53
are you a creative person Cheryl? I'm into card making and I've very excited about all the pretty stuff you can make, it's a very social thing too cos there's a load of blogs, forums etc where you can swap ideas. This could work for any other hobby too
or how about starting a walking regime? I can imagine lacking motivation would make this hard, I can't tell you the amount of times I've thought 'must start walking' but if you had someone to go with or a friends dog you could borrow that might work....or you could even set up a dog walking business - that would depend on how you would deal with that anxiety wise of course. It took me a while to get the courage to let my Uncle's dog off the lead in the park in case she didn't come back!
oorrr ummm visiting the library? there's an AMAZING library in Newcastle and with it being so big and right in the centre of the city that's a bit of socialness too :D

cherbear32
27-07-10, 16:22
ThanksVicky. I am quite creative i think!! Maybe i could find some card making bits - i have done it in the past. i definitely want to start an exercise regime - I walked to the shops earlier but it is literally only a 10 minute walk - not sure where there is to go around here. I love the beach so I think perhaps i should jump in car and explore all of the beaches around here! I love dogs too and love the idea about the dog walking business. And i love libraries - what library is it that you've mentioned? is it just Newcastle city centre library? Thank you very much - you've given me some great ideas

vicky23
27-07-10, 16:35
no probs :D
it's called the new city library in Newcastle or newcastle city library, type those words into google and you'll find it, it's an amazing building, glass walls, (3?) floors like WOW hehe
there's a creativity section on here, I've just started card making and I love the feeling of being creative and when people compliment your cards it's a lovely feeling :D
My Uncle has a little Westie and she's soo adorable I love taking her for walks apparently having a pet is very good for mental health, scientifically proven and it's even better if you borrow one, get the love without the vets bills lol

_Psychocandy_
27-07-10, 17:57
Hey, Vicky mentioned saltwell park, its a lovely place and its HUGe too so plenty to do. Theres also loads of open space so you don't feel claustrophobic! There is a lake, bit with animals and stuff etc. I used to live right by there and used to take myself up there for a bit walk about, really calmed me down! Its also easy to get to, I travel up there every day to the shop where I work, its like ten mins from Newcastle and the bus costs £1.30. haha, aren't I informative! Actually while I'm at it, if its a beach people want to go to, Tynemouth is probably the easiest to get to, we could just meet in town and get the metro there. I'm not bothered though, I'll do whatever.

Also there is a bit of Hadrian's wall in Wallsend. Not many fields there tho......

cherbear32
27-07-10, 18:07
I would absolutely love a dog. I'm looking for a part time job so I might get one then. Saw a gorgeous shitzu puppy the other day trotting along happy as can be - so cute and gave me a great big smile. Is tynemouth near whitley bay?

Pope
27-07-10, 19:56
Wow, missed a lot over the past couple of days :D It was great to meet you all on Sunday and looking forward to the next one! I'm generally up for anything, Tynemouth beach is always good, and never been to Saltwell Park somehow, so would like to have a look up there.

Newcastle Library looks good, but even though I work just round the corner the only time I've been was to have a coffee in the cafe on the day I was attacked by the tray. The cafe is really nice even if it is dangerous sitting outside when it's windy :D I should really have a proper look round at some point.

Emphyrio
27-07-10, 21:32
Just had a look at the map - Hadrian's wall doesn't seem to great for access by any kind of public transport, you can get to the wall from Haltwhistle but you'd be knackered by the time you reached it! Hexham/Corbridge look like nice places - you can walk from Corbridge to Hexham or Vice Versa (its about 6 miles).

I've never been to the beach at Tynemouth but it looked nice when I took the ferry to the Netherlands a few years back. There are some really nice beaches up towards Bamburgh way but hard to get to unless you have a car.

PS: I thought getting up at 12:30 was bad on Sunday - but today I topped this - finally got out of bed at 1:45! I had woken up a couple of times earlier that day so I could have made myself get up then, but it seemed like I just wanted to hibernate! :s

vicky23
28-07-10, 14:47
I do like the idea of saltwell park I haven't been there since I was a kid :)

cherbear32
29-07-10, 11:39
anyone have a date in mind for when next to meet up?

vicky23
29-07-10, 18:17
well I'm guessing weekend would be better for those that work, and Sat is better for me so how about a sat in Aug ?(apart from the 21st when I'm away camping -eek scary)

_Psychocandy_
29-07-10, 18:52
I think I'm away last weekend of aug

cherbear32
29-07-10, 19:37
weekend would be better for me too as I'm hoping to have a job by then!

Emphyrio
30-07-10, 21:18
I'm away home in a week's time - got a few weeks back home before relocating to the other side of the country to start fieldwork. The place I'm moving to is familiar to me now and the support there should be good so it's not the move I'm worried about - it's the worry associated with getting a car (scared of crashing it etc)...going to get some refresher lessons though at home though.

vicky23
31-07-10, 11:02
I can sympathise with that, I haven't learned to drive yet for the same fears but I think that refresher lessons are a great idea and if you've already passed your test you should be fine!

Emphyrio
31-07-10, 17:38
Yeah, think I need to brush up on my parallel parking skills!

I like the act of driving, but I always feel worried in case I annoy people or get criticised by others - I find it hard to handle any kind of criticism so I try to avoid it whenever I can.

vicky23
02-08-10, 10:48
how's everyone doing? just wondering about setting a date for our next meet up. I think we decided on a sat in Aug but if that's not possible of course there's always sept so if you just want to post if there's any dates you can't do for me:
I CAN'T do sat/sun 21st-22nd Aug but apart from that I think I'm free
xx

cherbear32
02-08-10, 11:58
I'm free too anytime xx

vicky23
02-08-10, 12:41
how about next sat? so the 7th? see what anyone else can do :) how are you getting on with the fight against boredom cher? x

Pope
02-08-10, 18:54
Think I could probably do the 7th.

cherbear32
02-08-10, 21:24
Hi ya Vicky

Yeah 7th be good for me. I'm a little less bored at the moment as my boyfriend is off for 2 weeks so he's had me backing and icing cupcakes which has been quite fun!

johnno
02-08-10, 21:43
ah am good with the 7th too :) whats the plan of action for the day ?

_Psychocandy_
03-08-10, 00:22
I'm ok for the 7th too!

Emphyrio
03-08-10, 00:44
7th should be ok although I leave the NE for a year on the Sun!

vicky23
03-08-10, 10:49
wow just in time for you before you leave then Emph!
so are we still thinking saltwell park? how is that in terms of getting there for everyone? I don't know where it is in relation to public transport

_Psychocandy_
03-08-10, 12:14
Vicky, I used to live right next to it. There is a bus we can get outside central station that goes straight to it. Think they run every 10 mins and its £1.30 each way.

vicky23
03-08-10, 15:15
that's right, sorry I forgot you had mentioned that earlier.
so this Sat at saltwell park now just need to figure out a time and decide whether people want to bring lunch or buy lunch and eat together in the park or make the meet about 2 again after lunch.
I'll bring a frisbee :D

johnno
03-08-10, 17:49
so its 1 oclock on saturday and we meet at train station again because not all of us know where saltwell park is , deal ??

vicky23
03-08-10, 18:31
can we make it 2 O clock? I'll eat before I go, I'm not very good with eating in public.
but meeting at the station is fine by me :)

cherbear32
03-08-10, 18:45
Sounds good to me

johnno
03-08-10, 18:55
of course vicky, no problems at all :)

cherbear32
04-08-10, 16:36
Where is saltwell park? bf said it's in Sunderland?

Pope
04-08-10, 20:29
Saltwell Park is in Gateshead, only a short bus journey from Central Station.

johnno
04-08-10, 21:35
you can lead the way then pope :P lol

phraggletastic
05-08-10, 00:53
Hi there, just noticed this thread. Is there room for a newcomer on Saturday? Confirmation of places and times to meet would be most appreciated and I'll keep checking this thread. What generally happens at these meetings? Thanks!

vicky23
05-08-10, 16:55
hi phraggle of course you're welcome to join us. We are meeting at 2 pm at central station Newcastle then getting the bus together to saltwell park on sat 7th aug.
this is only our second meeting last time we just had a coffee and chat in Newcastle. This time we're hanging out in saltwell park.
Pope and Physco know where they're going johnny we'll follow them hehe

johnno
05-08-10, 17:19
yep well just trail along haha

vicky23
05-08-10, 17:38
we could be the cool kids sitting at the back of the bus... I was never one of the cool kids sitting at the back of the bus lol

johnno
05-08-10, 17:49
haha remember to wear your nike air maxs and your burberry cap and you sorted :P lol

Pope
05-08-10, 18:08
I can get us on the bus, but after that I'm passing over the tour guide hat as it's a long time since I went to Saltwell Park :D

phraggletastic
05-08-10, 20:32
hi phraggle of course you're welcome to join us. We are meeting at 2 pm at central station Newcastle then getting the bus together to saltwell park on sat 7th aug.
this is only our second meeting last time we just had a coffee and chat in Newcastle. This time we're hanging out in saltwell park.
Pope and Physco know where they're going johnny we'll follow them hehe

Great, I shall be there. Though I'm not yet sure if I'll be at Central or just driving straight over to Saltwell. Hmmm... will think on it for now. Thanks for the welcome though!

vicky23
05-08-10, 21:40
ok phraggle, maybe if you let us know when you decide that might help you when it comes to finding us all we can look out for you.
we haven't heard from Harri in a few days :(

frankene
06-08-10, 05:49
Okey, june 26th

johnno
06-08-10, 09:05
june 26th ?? haha

vicky23
06-08-10, 10:10
what the heck?

vicky23
06-08-10, 10:17
confused much?? lol

johnno
06-08-10, 10:27
ya telling me lool

cherbear32
06-08-10, 19:46
Hi guys - I'll be driving tomorrow so I'll see you all there at 2

phraggletastic
06-08-10, 20:02
Hi guys - I'll be driving tomorrow so I'll see you all there at 2

I'm also going to drive so whereabouts at Saltwell will I be able to meet you all?

_Psychocandy_
07-08-10, 00:48
Phraggle, we're meeting at central station at 2 then getting the bus over to Saltwell, whci takes us to the entrance of the park on saltwell view rd, there is plenty of parking around there, so you could just meet us at the entrance gate to the park there? Dunno what time it'll be that we'll get there, probs no later than half 2 like....

Emphyrio
07-08-10, 04:16
Hey guys, dunno if I'll be able to make it, got soo much to do tomorrow, plus its past 4am (I had a late night lol). But hope you all have a nice time!

phraggletastic
07-08-10, 08:42
Great, I shall be at the entrance to Saltwell park at around 2:30. Thanks v much!

vicky23
07-08-10, 10:00
aww thanks for letting us know Peter, hope you have a great year away!
best wishes
x

cherbear32
07-08-10, 11:41
That's a shame Emphyrio. Hope you get done what you need to get done

johnno
07-08-10, 12:38
anyone know a hangover cure ?

johnno
07-08-10, 12:39
peter ya dirty stop out :P lol

phraggletastic
07-08-10, 12:52
Hi again. It's raining where I am (Whitley Bay) so was wondering if theres an alternative place to meet in case it's raining up there? I'm not bothered about getting a little wet but thought I'd mention it before I travelled up there.

AnxiousHarry
07-08-10, 12:54
how many are meeting up?

vicky23
07-08-10, 12:57
hadn't thought about that actually, how about we still meet at the park then if it's raining heavy (seems to be just showers here ) we can find a coffee shop or shelter somewhere.
Ummm think maybe 6 of us Harry

johnno
07-08-10, 13:12
if it does yeah just go in cafe or something :)

vicky23
07-08-10, 13:18
righty oh I'm off for the bus, see you all soon, for those meeting at station will see you same place as last time under WHSmiths

Emphyrio
07-08-10, 19:50
Hope you all had a nice day - I've just started with my packing...

_Psychocandy_
08-08-10, 12:57
Thanks for another lovely afternoon you guys! Sorry i had to go early! Hope you all are having a nice Sunday :)

Pope
09-08-10, 18:15
I got confused when I came back to the table and you were gone :D Had a good time again, good to catch up with everyone.

phraggletastic
13-08-10, 08:23
Sorry it's taken a while. It was good to meet everyone and chat about what we did. Exchanging our experiences like that was interesting. Anyway I hope you are all doing well. Catch up soon!

_Psychocandy_
13-08-10, 21:07
I got confused when I came back to the table and you were gone :D Had a good time again, good to catch up with everyone.

Aw, sorry Kevin, I suddenly realised what time it was and that I was supposed to be going out at 7!:ohmy:

Whens we next meeting then?:D

Pope
13-08-10, 21:21
Aw, sorry Kevin, I suddenly realised what time it was and that I was supposed to be going out at 7!:ohmy:

Whens we next meeting then?:D
No worries, hope you had a good night out! Think we only got back to Newcastle at 7 :D

I'm busy over the next couple of weekends, but if anything gets sorted will do my best to get along. Let's just hope for better weather if we're going somewhere outdoors :)

vicky23
14-08-10, 11:27
hi looking forward to meeting up again, not sure when or what to do though lol

vicky23
30-08-10, 11:55
anyone got any dates in mind for next meet up? I'm feeling more motivated than last time I posted lol
so how about some time in sept, weekend seems to work for us, any date best for anyone?
hope you're all well oh and welcome liberty88 last meet we had 7 people we're a lovely bunch :) hehe

Desprate Dan
30-08-10, 15:53
Maybe i could join? I am from Middlesbrough and could really do with meeting people. Newcastle is not too far for me. Cheers DD

Pope
02-09-10, 18:51
anyone got any dates in mind for next meet up? I'm feeling more motivated than last time I posted lol
so how about some time in sept, weekend seems to work for us, any date best for anyone?
hope you're all well oh and welcome liberty88 last meet we had 7 people we're a lovely bunch :) hehe
I've got a really busy month ahead, but if you get something sorted will do my very best to be there.

Pumasneakers
04-09-10, 21:56
i am new here and from usa ,nice to meeting you all, is there anyone from usa also ?