PDA

View Full Version : weird pressure in abdomen

wellyesintheory
15-06-10, 14:49
Hi everyone, sorry to bother you about this but I had an unusual experience this morning and I've been obsessing about it all day. I was wondering if any of you had experienced anything like this and if you know if it's serious or not.

I was half-awake and lying on my side this morning when I felt a strange buildup of pressure in my top-right abdomen, just under my ribcage. It wasn't painful, it felt similar to the way your stomach rumbling might feel, but it felt like a buildup rather than an ongoing process. It subsided after a few seconds. I rolled over and drifted off again but shortly afterwards I felt the same sensation on the same side - again, it was this tense pressure, almost like a bubble under my skin, and then it released. It hasn't happened since but I have no idea what this might be. I'm trying to ignore all of my instincts to google it, but I was having trouble even describing it and made the mistake of searching for 'abdominal swelling'. Last week I had a period that was two weeks earlier than usual and I've managed to convince myself that the two issues are linked.

Does any of this sound familiar? I've made an appointment with my GP but they won't be able to see me until the end of the month. Any reassurances in the meantime would be very helpful!

countrygirl
15-06-10, 21:12
Sounds like wind in your bowels. I had a terrible time three years ago with this- it wasn't painful at all but I got an unbelievable feeling of pressure at waist level and naval level and I only got it when I laid down in bed- it was so bad it felt like a bagful of ferrets fighting in there and would stop me sleeping. It started after I decided to eat more healthily and increased my fibre intake- I have ibs and fibre is a killer for me I found out.

I eventually had sigmoidoscopy and colonsocopy and gastroscopy over a year and everything normal so told its ibs.

sometimes I can get terrible pain in my back at waist level and under left rib before a bowel movement and often get the baby kicking sensation from bowel spasm.

it freaked me out compeltely when i got the pressures in fact one night I was so freaked I went to hospital and there was a very junior Dr on and I am rather overweight and she was pressing and poking and suddenly said she could feel a huge aortic aneurysm!!!!!!!!! I was packed off in ambulance to a bigger hospital and they were waiting for me in a&e and did a ultrasound immediatley and the huge aortic aneurysm was wind in my bowel:blush: which proved that all the pressures were caused by wind.