PDA

View Full Version : tense jaw - sticking out, talking funny

fayesimone
15-06-10, 15:11
Hi all,

I have a problem where my anxiety starts and my jaw tenses and sticks out to the point where it is very noticeable to people. This then makes me feel worse and makes me panic even more to the point where i have leave where ever i am and get home to be alone. can anyone help on this matter as it is really getting me down and effecting my life x

joannap
15-06-10, 17:41
i can't understand why your jaw sticking out makes you panic? i used to tense my jaw and do this but just reminded myself to relax it. it sounds like you are having panic attacks but fuelling all the fear into this symptom. sticking your jaw out certainly won;t harm you so i am not sure why you are so frightened of doing this? if it is because of people noticing - tell them you have a muscle disorder or jaw damage! this will make them feel guilty for staring!

daybyday
15-06-10, 20:05
You are ok fayesimone. It is a way of stretching those jaw muscles. Your jaw is simply trying to adjust and relieve.
My chiropractor showed me something. On each side of your lower cheek area are muscles, surface and deep. Massage both, circles, jiggle, up, down. See if it helps.

fayesimone
16-06-10, 12:45
Thank you i will try that daybyday. i just hate the fact that my jaw is sticking out badley and feeling tencse, this then makes people look and talk about me to the point where am paranoid about it.

I dont 100% understand if this is a panic attack or not? when i start to panic it happens then the catch 22 starts.

fayesimone
16-06-10, 12:46
i know this wont harm me sticking my jaw out but its the fact people are laughing and talking about me :(