PDA

View Full Version : Bad Virus, Infection? Question

Ruby94
15-06-10, 16:20
Still VERY Tired!

Went to the hospital today for my councilling and for my blood tests, the lady i speak to is AMAZING. She's really understanding and very helpful. Im so tired though.

Do you know what this could be?

in my upper abdomen area, between my ribs and a little lower than my chest, theres a pressure there and in my throat it feels like theres pressure pushing up like im about to be sick or burp. And i try push it up but it pressures more on the area i described.

Can an infection or a discreet virus make you exhausted/drained/weak?

anthrokid
16-06-10, 15:22
Heya Ruby,

I get this feeling sometimes a lot. It's very odd. I'm not sure myself what it is, but I think it may be something to do with the stomach as my psychiatrist says the area I point to is my general stomach area (which turns out isn't quite where I thought it was, it's actually much higher, right between the ribs :blush:) It's likely to just be stomach discomfort I think. I notice mine's usually worse after I eat or when I'm worried, so I really do think it's just stomach related.

Also, I know I've commented a few times on your posts, and I shall persist because you seem so worried about this fatigue. Just remember, everything can cause fatigue to a degree.

Just having a bad nights sleep can exhaust you, even if you feel you've slept well you may not have.

Also some foods can make us more tired than others, especially fatty foods. So look into your diet as well, not eating healthily can be a major contributor to exhaustion and weakness.

Even not exercising enough can cause fatigue. And I know you may find this silly, but I do actually suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome (and I'm only 19 so it sucks!) so I so know what I am talking about when I say the following. Sometimes when we do not exercise we become more exhausted and weak. I know you're probably thinking - 'but I'm too tire'd to even move'. Don't worry, I used to think that all the time, but exercising actually really helps in the long run. It feels horrible when you actually do it and you feel wrecked afterwards, but the next day you feel better.

And remember, one of the number one causes of fatigue, exhaustion, tiredness and weakness is anxiety. This is medically proven, and I do study psychology and health myself so I learn about these things (ironic that I actually suffer from it all eh? haha). Anxiety causes our body to use more than double the energy it usually does to function, so of course we are going to feel exhausted because of it.

I know it sounds silly, but try not to worry yourself too much over the exhaustion. It is about a hundred times more likely to be caused by anxiety than anything else.