PDA

View Full Version : Tried Mirtazipine 15mg last night, drugged since

Fluffwick
15-06-10, 19:43
Hi :)

I'm a 37 year old mum and tried Mirtazapine last night for the first time (15mg). I have been moody and drugged up/ drunk like all day, starting to wear off now. I slipped in the park, slept through the alarm, couldn't tolerate the kids, stumbled around and slept all day having psychodelic dreams! Forgot my bank card and had to put the shopping back, with having no money.

Its almost 24 hours since I had my tablet and am starting to feel more normal, but still like I have had a general anesthetic.

I have to get up at 6am, do the school run, be normal and get a job as soon as possible. I really can't manage anything with side effects like these. I was on cipramil until 2 years ago, when I had a severe allergic reaction and became super photo sensitive. Have stuggled with low mood, concentration, pms mood swings (had to double my old tabs during pms week), that cause havoc where ever I go and am tearful in public places since then. As a single mum, I need to function and get back to work, money is really bad.

I want to dump the Mirtazapine and try a ssri again, haven't had my mirtazapine tab tonight, am I doing the right thing?

Thanks, loads.x Fluffwick

diane07
15-06-10, 19:47
Hi Fluffwick

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

stacy1912
15-06-10, 20:10
Mirtazapine does get easier but it takes time. 15mg is a very sedating dose and helped me get some much needed sleep. I have just started taking 30mg and feel alot more alert. I did manage to get through the days on 15mg but it was a struggle and I was shattered all the time. I would say stick with it but we are all different xx

Vanilla Sky
15-06-10, 20:27
Hi and welcome to NMP. This tiredness will pass on the Mirazipine , try taking it as early as you can before you go to bed, thats one thing , you will sleep well on them and you also will get used to them

:welcome: Paige x

Fluffwick
15-06-10, 20:30
Thanks Stacy

Thanks for your response. I am in two minds still, but I think I will leave it tonight, feel like I have enough in my system as it is. I am very sensitive, physically, so I don't know how much is my body over reacting as usual. Take care.x

Fluffwick
15-06-10, 20:35
Hi Paige:)

Thank you also. I really don't know what to do for the best, will see how I am in the morning. I don't feel tearful, just very sedated. Does the sedating effect stop completely or lessen?

stacy1912
15-06-10, 20:58
My experience is that it never completely goes but it certainly gets better. The first week was sluggish but I found it got easier. Now I am on 30mg and not too sleepy. I always take it around 8-9pm and then I get a good nights sleep (children permitting)

Take care and do what you feel is best for you xx

JT69
16-06-10, 06:28
HI Fluffwick,

I found the first week I took the mirtazipine it knocked me out and I felt drowsy/drunk into the following day, after that it does ease.

I am now on 30mg and take my meds around 9pm. Usually wake up the next day fine now and am able to go to work etc.

It does get easier...its just the first few days that are the worst.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care.
JO.xx

Fluffwick
16-06-10, 10:00
Thank you for sharing your experiences, very kind. I haven't taken another tablet, since Monday, which still seems to be having an effect on me. If it wasn't for my massive mood swings, and clinical depression which takes me over during pms week, I would give up any idea of medication and put up with my general low mood and lack of concentration. I don't feel tearful at the moment, which may be the tab, who knows, but boy am I dosey. Best wishes to you allx:D