15-06-10, 21:30
has anybody tried it?

allergyphobia
16-06-10, 20:11
nobody?

StoneMonkey
16-06-10, 23:43
Hi,
Anything is worth a try. I am not sure if everyone can be put under.
I tried it years ago for panic attacks.

Whilst relaxing I couldn't be hypnotised, well aleast not with this person.
I remained fully conscious and ended up faking it (at £25 an hour) so as not to offend the perp.

It didn't work for me but you may have better luck.
Simon.doh:

Megan73
17-06-10, 09:47
Hello

I had this via my GP and found it no help :blush:, however in her defence I was so anxious at the time I just wasn't able to relax as she didn't give me sufficient time and I'm not good with medical settings.

I do listen to hypnotherapy cds and think they help and would be prepared to try hypnotherapy again as I feel it can work. Feel you just need to find the right person who can really take the time and effort to help you.

Good luck and I hope you do try it :D

allergyphobia
17-06-10, 18:56
thanks for your replies guys am going to see how i go along with CBT and then maybe try this xx

JohnBliss
17-06-10, 20:33
Hi There
I've tried Hypnotherapy twice over the years at considerable cost with no benefit whatsoever. However many do sing its praises .If you do try it maybe the best approach is to make sure you find a Hypnotherapist who comes with recommendations which you can check out as I think there are a lot of "quacks" out there who will take you money and give nothing in return
Best of Luck
John

miss_moose
28-06-10, 17:28
Hello,

I've tried hypnotherapy too. It was useless to be honest, but maybe because i was thinking so much?
I expected to go into a trance like state, but i just felt "normal".

The lady "transported" me (or tried to) to the Borneo rainforest because I said i would love to go.

It didn't have any effect on me at all though so i wouldn't try it again.

Zee
28-06-10, 21:33
I have had 2 sessions with a registered clinical hypnotherapist. I think its important that the person you use is registered. For me I felt relaxed after the sessions and lighter in mood.
I was aware every second of the session and even chatted with her here and there. I think it all depends on the therapist and the training theyve had.. I was perhaps fortunate that mine has 25 years experience and also teaches it.

Martin Burridge
29-06-10, 23:13
Hypnotherapy can be a very effective way of treating phobias. The biggest cause of failure is Hypnotherapists not explaining what it is and not putting their clients at ease. Most clients arrive with the same misconceptions that everybody has due to stage hypnotists showmanship and scary movies about hypnotic mind control.
There is no 'going under' or mind control. The Hypnotherapists job is to guide the client to relax themselves. If the client chooses not to relax or is sat waiting for something spectacular to happen then the client will get no benefit from the therapy. This is not the clients fault. Putting the client at ease and explaining what to expect is the most important part of the whole course of treatment. (Usually 3 sessions for simple phobias). Most people are naturally nervous of something they don't understand or haven't experienced before. If you decide to see a hypnotherapist I recommend researching it first but also ask lots of questions and tell them if you feel uneasy about anything at all. It can be a hugely effective treatment for some anxiety disorders like phobias and its a real shame when people have a negative experience of it.

allergyphobia
29-06-10, 23:41
Thanks all for answers great to hear about people who have tried it and also your words Martin. i feel very open minded about it and would not go into it expecting a 'miracle' as such but happy to be relaxed and open.... i have found a local hypnotist but it is very expensive so need to weigh up my options i guess.....