PDA

View Full Version : horrible chest pain

puppyskin
15-06-10, 22:24
i woke up today feeling like i slept with a weight on my chest,its still feels bad now.my left arm feels tingly which is scaring me.my chest hurts when i move in certain positions and when i press(upper left)and get a wierd shooting feeling down my arm when i press down on my chest.can anyone help?

Ella_Jayne
15-06-10, 22:58
Have you ever had this pain before? Ever had any heart tests ECG etc?

Anxiety can cause chest pain from muscle tension and so on but I'm not sure about the shooting pain in arm. Maybe you should see your doctor just to be on the safe side.

puppyskin
15-06-10, 23:06
i had ecg done about 6 months ago,the shooting pain only happens when i press hard on the chest muscle,ihad similar pain before but still worrying.

davey
15-06-10, 23:32
A cardiologist told me if it was heart related the pain wouldn't go away or come with movement it would be a permanent pain, however I would still get it checked out. I've had loads of tests all came back clear but I still get chest pain & they still really scare me. Hope your ok

puppyskin
15-06-10, 23:37
im laid down at the moment and its fine, its when i get up or move or press on it is when it hurts also when i take a really deep breath from my chest too.

davey
15-06-10, 23:39
I think you should give nhs direct a call just to be on the safe side

nomorepanic
15-06-10, 23:51
All chest pain and arm numbness/tingling should be investigated by the professionals.

I know this having had a heart attack in Sept 2008. They told me to get it checked out straight away.

I am not trying to scare you but this is the advice I was given.

crazyhayz
15-06-10, 23:58
Heart pain cannot be 'felt'. Therefore (upon applying pressure to the area) you get this shooting pain, this is without a doubt muscle tension. Heart pain also doesnt intensify with movement. If it was ur heart, you wouldnt just get the pain when you move position, it would be constant, regardless of how you are sat or how you move. Phone NHS direct just to be on safe side, but like me, they just told me to go to A&E because the moment anyone mentions 'chest pain', thats what they are advised to say. So unless u wanna go down to A&E to get an ECG done, then i think just rest-up and take some ibuprofen, as it deffo sounds muscle-related. Going to A&E wouldnt hurt though i suppose, at least it would put ur mind at ease. They'll give u an ECG there & then xx

puppyskin
16-06-10, 00:12
thanks for replies,its deffo only really there when i push on it,ive been feeling around and its more top left,sort of between nipple and armpit,my breathing and bp are fine,pulse is 63.may just see how it is in the morning.

crazyhayz
16-06-10, 00:19
Definitely. I think u'd know if it was heart pain! Hard to accept though i know, ive been there and probably drove to A&E about 10 times with chest pains lol! Good luck for tomorrow!

puppyskin
16-06-10, 18:33
thanks,its eased a bit today but still there a bit,moved more towards my armpit.think its tension.