PDA

View Full Version : Good news!

lior
15-06-10, 22:45
Hello everybody!

After 6 months on 40mg of citalopram (and a couple of months of 20mg before that) I'm halving my dose. It's the second day and so far I haven't had any side effects - except perhaps being a little more jumpy than usual.

I haven't thought about dying for weeks and that evil voice telling me to hurt myself is silenced. I'm actually happy. It's unbelievable but true. I have survived suicide, and I'm well equipped to help anyone who has suffered something similar to me.

So chin up - a few months after a terribly low point in your life, you can be springy and happy and enthusiastic for long periods of time. You just need to work at it. Good luck everyone.

suzy-sue
15-06-10, 23:06
Thats great News .:yahoo:Well done lior ...Keep up the good work and all the best of luck for the future .luv Sue :hugs:xx

andrew
17-06-10, 14:56
Well done Lior, let us know how you get on.

jaded jean
17-06-10, 15:36
Well done Lior that is excellent news. keep it up matey and keep posting to let us know your progress.
Jean

lior
18-06-10, 23:15
It's the fifth day now and I've felt pangs of sadness, and I've been quite sleepy, but that might be down to something else. I was expecting worse side effects but it's not too bad. Overall I'm relaxed and can laugh :)

andrew
19-06-10, 07:33
Stay positive and relaxed, good luck.

lior
23-06-10, 14:52
Told my parents about being bisexual!
Really shaky... but I'm ok

KK77
23-06-10, 20:22

That's very brave of you Lior - well done!

expecto patronum
25-06-10, 17:54
That's very brave, well done you!

jude uk
26-06-10, 00:02
lior well done and keep it going so pleased for you