PDA

View Full Version : Non Cardiac Chest Pain Every Day

janni
16-06-10, 00:52
Hi guys, I should be grateful that my treadmill test showed no heart disease but I have daily chest pain for like seven months now and even though the cardiologist said no heart disease I can't help but react to it, I feel as if I will never get better unless this chest pain goes away. Does any one know what could be causing it. Doctors havent referred me on to anyone else. It can be mid chest cramping or squeezng or sharp pain that moves around from left to right. Pain killers don't help it and I just wondered if there is any conditions that nerve pain can cause chest pain, I need this treated and I don't know how, feel like it is eating away at me, and trying my best not to panic about it but I can't stop worrying when it is there every day. And now that I had treadmill test I darent phone for help cos its been ruled out. At the end of my tether.:weep:

davey
16-06-10, 01:04
I know exactly how you feel, I have been going through this for approx a year now, my doctor has decided to look at the tip of my stomach I have to have a camera next week he said stomach problems can radiate pain into the chest. I have pains now as it goes and Im very scared still even though I know it isn't serious. You are not alone it is scary. Ask your doctor also about fibromyalgia which is when bone cartiledge from the ribs joins your chest wall, its not dangerous but can be treated. Dont know if that helps but you must nag your doctor, chest pains nearly ruined me, i lost my job,lost my home nearly lost my kids.....nag your doctor.

:)

sarah jayne
16-06-10, 08:50
Ive been having the same for nearly 3 years, 3 years of hell. Ive been diagnosed with costachondritis. Ive had blood tests n ecg's and they were fine but every time i get a pain in my chest i worry. Mention costachondritis to ur doctor xx

crazyhayz
16-06-10, 09:41
Sounds like chostochondritis, ive had it hundreds of times, i never got a break in between attacks of it, it was almost like i had it constantly, its not nice. Or it could be muscle tension in ur chest. You dont realise ur tense, but u actually are, thats what doctor told me. Since ive been going through recovery, my chest pains have disappeared. Although, I would go back to ur doctor, and EXPLAIN u DONT THINK IT IS HEART RELATED, but u need answers as its keeping u awake at night and u cannot stand the pains anymore, he should do something if u say that.. tell him the painkillers dont work too. Good luck x x

janni
16-06-10, 16:36
Thanks everyone I do have fibro but Doctors dont seem to be updated on it. Even though its not the heart its still disconcerting. I have plenty of things I want to ask my GP next visit I will add that to the list hugs all xxx