PDA

View Full Version : Ringing in Ears

tt
12-02-06, 04:15
I have had a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders. My anxiety has been great the last couple of weeks.
Now tonight I have felt the tension in my base of my neck. Last last few days I think I have a bit of sinus happening because it affects my hearing a little. But tonight ( befor bed of course) The ringing has started.
Scares the wits out of me!
Anyone have this or had it?

TT:)

Henry_Rollins
12-02-06, 09:52
Got it right now. But I do work in a loud and noisy nightclub. It comes from clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth. It can cause tinnitus.

I ignore the ringing as I am more pre-occupied with the tingleing and pins and needles in my legs, especially the calves. The swallowing difficulties also outweigh the ear ringing.

I am a complete mess!

tara
12-02-06, 10:05
I have a constant ear ringing due to many years of clubs and festivals. I do also grind my teeth and clench my jaws.
I must say in the begining it bothered me but now i don't notice it as i've had it for so long. Don't think mine is related to anxiety though. Tara

hunny_as
12-02-06, 10:47
hi ya i have like a pulsing in my wright ear it never gose aways my doc thinks it will go when i carlm down its so irating it gets so loud sometimes keeps me awake it gets louder at niight too but it dose go if i put my hand on my neack.

stay well

amanda x

tt
12-02-06, 15:48
Thank you everyone, and yes my jaw is tight!
I did go to the dentist and he is going to see me in a few months to fit me for a mouth guard. My head and jaw are tight on that side and just wish it would go away!!!!!

Once again, thx.

Meg
13-02-06, 14:41
Pain in Jaw,cheek bones and around eyes (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2475)
Another little question (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3787)
[Link removed as post deleted]
Jaw Clenching & pain in neck / throat & chin area (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7548)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
13-02-06, 15:26
This is one of my common ones too - not so much the ringing in the ears but the sinuses and clenching my jaw.

I just make an effort to relax my jaw if i am aware that I am doing it and sometimes I do a mild steam inhalation which sometimes helps with the sinuses.

love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
13-02-06, 18:37
Yes I also get sinus and popping in my ears. I'm sure I grind my teeth too.

Hope the mouth guard helps.

Karen

"I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you."

Henry_Rollins
16-02-06, 03:08
I get the popping in my ears also. I get a series of two to three pulse sounds that come every few minutes. I notice that it is worse when I am laying on my side. Almost like a rapid heart beat sound in my ears. Quite annoying!

My jaw and neck are nuper tight and sore today. The right side is much worse!

Kez
22-02-06, 15:52
Hi

I'm a long term tinnitus sufferer - for about 15 years now. Mine is as a result of ear problems as a child, but I definitely find that when I'm tense I get it worse. Particularly when I'm clenching my jaw, and have stiff neck and shoulders. The thing with tinnitus is that if you relax and accept it (which can be difficult I know) then you don't notice it. I can go for months now with out thinking about it, but it's still there.

Kez

KEZ