PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been on propranolol ??

dulux
16-06-10, 20:02
Been taking P in various forms for nearly 6 years now. Only when needed for presentations at work... how long have people here been taking it ?? Has anyone heard of any side effects that might occur after years of sustained use ??

Cheers !

Baggie
17-06-10, 12:05
Hi dulux

I've been taking 80mg propranalol (40mg twice a day) for nearly 2 years now since I had my first panic attack and I find that it helps me a lot. Don't think that it's causing me any side effects.

T101
22-07-10, 15:30
Hi - i agree with baggie, i too have been taking 80mg daily for 2 years and it helps a lot. No side effects to worry about at all.

moomintroll
16-08-10, 01:31
been taking it for a few months and been fine, it stops my shaking hands and my heart racing etc but i have forgot to get my prescription and so my symptoms like shakes and heart racing are happening just now but i know its my fault as i forgot to get it

betablockers are fairly safe, my dad has been on them most of his life but thats not for anxiety thats for his blood pressure, he has had no adverse effects, my dad does suffer from anxiety too, so they probably help with that too now aswell