PDA

View Full Version : Lots of snow here and panic setting in

SickofIt
12-02-06, 13:02
I never liked the feeling of being snowed in, and it looks like this will be one of those days. Yesterday I had to spend all day with my family, and though I love them dearly, I don't think I can stand another day being trapped inside with them. [:O] I'm trying not to have a full-blown attack, but I hate feeling like I can't leave if I need to.

Floozie
12-02-06, 18:45
Hi Sickofit, sounds like you are pretty desperate. I can sympathise I also hate being forced to be with people all the time. I feel physically stifled as well as mentally stifled. Whereabouts are you, we never have snow here, well once in 23 years! Thinking of you Floozie

SickofIt
12-02-06, 19:04
I'm in Maryland, here in the US. This is the first big snowfall of the year. People are actually shoveling out now. Yay!

Tomimo
12-02-06, 19:48
If you can't leave then try and think of things to keep you occupied there. Have a nice hot bath, find a book or magazine to get engrossed in or go outside and burn off that anxiety by making a snowman/having a snowball fight, etc.

I hope the snow passes soon

Annie x

sal
12-02-06, 22:34
Cant be easy when you want to be out and about. But if you cant try to distract yourself. Go in the chat room. Email your friends. I know you feel trapped but there are always people here that will help you. Thinking of you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

lotus
13-02-06, 07:01
Yeah, I know.
My grandma's visiting and she's sleeping in my room cause I have an extra bed. I hate it. I feel trapped, as if I've been deprived of my personal space. I need my privacy. [Sigh...]

Meg
13-02-06, 13:28
Good that people are shovelling the snow now, maybe the exercise would be good for you to do some too which will help you feel better about digging your way out.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
13-02-06, 15:22
Yes perhaps the activity and distraction would whittle a few hours away for you.

We don't get a lot of snow here and I can't remember the last time it had to be shovelled.

Take care
Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
13-02-06, 18:31
Hope you have managed to dig a way out now and are feeling better.

We never have the much snow here for it to be a problem. It just rains persistently instead!

Karen

"I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you."

angstsoup
15-02-06, 03:28
Hi Fellow Snowed In

I am in NY and we had a nor' easter blizzard this sunday
2 ft plus of snow
I know the feeling you are speaking of
I think many people get that feeling but it is exaggerated with those of us who suffer from anxiety
It may present as a sense of being trapped which when you think of it is often an aspect of the anxiety problem to begin with
I think the other posters all offered great suggestions
I cooked up a storm, went on line, read etc
Overall I loathe the winter and have been in a pissy mood since the snowstorm- so inconvienent to get around in and the like
We in the NE have not had a horrible winter by any means so hold on and know milder temps are due this week

Soup

gonecrazy
16-02-06, 16:01
I'm with angst! I live in ND and am really sick of winter! I have started sewing again and decorating my house and planning what I will do in the garden when and IF spring comes.
I know it's not good for the skin, but I think I will go tanning just for 5 minutes here and there to get some sun...
Hang in there and spring will come... I think! LOL