PDA

View Full Version : for alias kev

ASH65
17-06-10, 21:38
i just want to publicly thank kev for his awesome emotional intelligence and flowing compassion,i have been almost buried by nightmares and his help and analysis has helped me beyond description,cheers mate

Going home
17-06-10, 22:33
Ade, I always follow your threads but never know what to say, as I keep thinkng about you as that vunerable little boy and it chokes me up so much what you went through and still go through, so mostly for me I can't find the words to say to you. Many times ive written something to try and comfort you, but then i delete it because i always think it sounds so inadequate, but in following this thread i had to respond to this, because i have to agree that Kev has been a star. If i was going through a trauma, it would be someone like him i'd want to advise and comfort me too :hugs:

Take care
Anna xx :flowers:

Granny Primark
18-06-10, 07:33
I have to agree with both of you. Kev has been and still is very supportive and encouraging towards me.
Thanks kev:hugs:
And please come back to nmp people dont realise what they have got until theyve lost it.
And nmp members need people like you who give such good advice.

PoppyC
18-06-10, 22:38
Has Kev left? I liked him! Come back!!!!

Going home
18-06-10, 23:07
I didn't know he'd gone...has he?

nomorepanic
19-06-10, 00:04
Kev was on yesterday so don't think he has left

mumble
19-06-10, 01:29
He is still active.

StandFree1903
19-06-10, 01:34
Hey folks, I speak to kev regularly on MSN, he hasnt left, just havin a wee break. He has helped me through my most toughest moments, and with out his words of wisdom and his talent for finding stuff for me to laugh at on the cheezeburger network i seriously think i would still be back to square one, so kev mate, thanks an keep up the good work :), hope to see u back soon :) x

alias_kev
19-06-10, 02:34
Hi all,

I wanted to take to time to thank ASH65 and the rest of your for your kind comments, but was a bit at a loss what to say. (It happens occasionally!) All I can say is I try to help when I can, as I can. I do gain a lot from that, although I still really struggle with my own life and tasks (about 99% of the time).

I'm relieved not to have the horror and memories that haunt some of you, nor to have the PAs that blight so many lives. On the other hand my ability to panic and hide (withdraw) and live in fear (or forced distraction) is probably higher than many. My original GAD-7 score was 20/21 and my most optimistic score has been (15-)17 so the anxiety and fear is damn real even if the causes are vaguer than for some.

If only I could reflect my analytical mind and compassion onto my own life I might be sorted! So I do value whatever support and friendship any of you can offer me back. Its a tough and lonely place being me most of the time.

I have been off NMP for a few weeks, essentially coming on about 3 or 4 times for specific PMs and ASH's recent thread. I wasn't finding everything/everyone comfortable and welcoming and that really did my anxiety no good at all. This place can be really good for getting help & compassion and even for the reward of giving it, but when it does not work for us its time to take a break.

I do miss those I spoke to regularly in forum/PM/chat and hope to participate more, if only to honour the kind sentiments in this thread.

hopers
19-06-10, 10:18
huggels kev i hop eyr ok miss chatting ps i didnt understand the first haf of it sorry lol but i am dense lol chat so i hope xxx