PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I've gone backwards :(

lizzie29
17-06-10, 22:19
(Very long story, but will keep it brief!) I've had separation anxiety on and off for years now. Before Christmas I was doing really well - living with a friend, working, etc. Just before Christmas my anxiety got lots worse, and I moved back in with my parents. Over the next couple of months I struggled to be on my own but also to go far without them. The last month or so though, thanks to medication and lots of hard work, I've managed to travel an hour away to work on my own, and also stay overnight with friends, as well as go away for 3 nights with some friends.
My work is changing next week and I have more hours, which means being on my own more and for longer, as well as staying away more. Today I started getting really worried about it, and found working difficult, which I haven't done since doing it on my own for the past month. I now feel like I've gone backwards, and am even more worried about my work next week and over the summer. I feel like I've achieved a lot, but now I'm going backwards, and there's so much to cope with and I can't face it all. I'm trying to break it up and focus on one day at a time, but it's just hard. :weep:

onceagain
17-06-10, 23:23
baby steps one at a time.. keep yourself active when you wake up and praise yourself every hour that you manage it..

its not going backwards its the unnecessary fears that we have of all our hard work failing.. believe in yourself you can do it x