PDA

View Full Version : Support group - Chester - 15th August 2010

lizzie29
17-06-10, 22:45
I saw someone on here is trying to set up a support group for their area, and was thinking about having one in Chester. It could be a regular thing and could consist of meetings where people can discuss their problems, but then times where we could all go out together and have fun. I also thought it might be useful for people who don't have many friends, or for those who can't travel far or even get out of the house. I personally wouldn't mind supporting people in the local area, whether it be helping an agoraphobic to go to a shop or that little bit further than usual, or visiting someone who doesn't have any support. I'm lucky in the sense that I have a great family and friends around me, but I know not everyone is so fortunate. I find that having people around, ready to answer a phone should I need them, is a great help in me trying to beat my anxiety, and I'd happily fo the same for others. It's great to have people to help, especially those who can truly understand as they've been in a similar situation themselves. :)

daydreamer
18-06-10, 15:38
aww thats so sweet and sounds like a good idea. I think that when you have anxiety you always need someone to talk to who understands, I know thats why I come on this site! I know chester very well, I am a bit further away now though and I cant really travel distances at the moment due to being agoraphobic. Maybe when I am a bit better which will hopefully be soon I will be able to attend! Good luck I hope you get a good few people who want to meet up x

gladyscourt
18-06-10, 16:18
Thats a really good idea, its me thats setting one up in my area. my support group starts next month, the local radio are going to have me on one of their shows to tlk about it. I think its really fab idea that ur gna set one up too!! Good luck! xx

lizzie29
18-06-10, 18:33
Daydreamer - how far away are you? Hope you could come to meet us one day when you're ready :) I don't know what your next steps are at the mo, but when you're up to travelling further, maybe that could be one of your aims? At least you'd have people who understand waiting for you, and on the end of a phone!

Gladyscourt - I'll have to ask you for tips and hints! Have you managed to get many people interested? I only posted this yesterday and no luck so far, but fingers crossed! That's amazing that you're going on the radio, well done! Keep me up to date with your success, and hopefully I'll have some luck with mine too! :) xxx

nwilliams
19-06-10, 04:12
It is the awesome thing to support someone like a group of the Chester and it could be a rather good thing to discuss various problems and their solutions of the peoples. Many of them may get a help if there is a support of a strong group who is ready to solve the queries. It is unfortunate to see some peoples the disorganised way. So a support may become their strength and dignity.

gladyscourt
19-06-10, 09:34
Gladyscourt - I'll have to ask you for tips and hints! Have you managed to get many people interested? I only posted this yesterday and no luck so far, but fingers crossed! That's amazing that you're going on the radio, well done! Keep me up to date with your success, and hopefully I'll have some luck with mine too! :) xxx

Yeh of course! anything u need ill be glad to help u. we could share tips and such along the way if u like. Ive had a few ppl interested and hopefully the radio will help! All i did was email the local station telling them about what i am doing and if they would be interested in talking about it at all. And they said yes, so definatly try that if your serious in setting one up! Speak to churchs and ask about renting halls per hour etc, im also hopefully going to have a piece in the newspaper, only tiny, but in the classifieds section. Also, newsagents have customers ads in windows try that too. Obviously the first thing you need to do is the hall. Organise it for a months time or so, so that u got time to plan things. I also made leaflets and sent out an email to everyone on my contact list lol x

lizzie29
19-06-10, 11:38
Wow, you've done loads! I'm very impressed! I'm going to wait til I actually get some responses on here, otherwise I'm worried noone will turn up! I thought I might search through old posts and pm people from the local area, see if they're interested.
Then I can start making more plans - I know of a community centre which is quite cheap, so might use that. What are you doing about the costs involved? x

gladyscourt
19-06-10, 15:16
Well there might be loads of ppl in ur area that dnt use this site n want a group so try get the word out there with leaflets. provide an email address or something.

As the costs, its £10 per hour for the hall im using, and im covering all costs myself, its my choice to set up a group so i dont expect anybody else to pay for it when i dont really have to be doing this. but i want to, so am happy to pay the money. Its not much as long as it might be of use to some people. if u get me. But its been suggested to me to have a donation kitty or something, but im not keen on it. But it might be an idea u could use. also im buying a large jar of coffee and box of tea bags n prob some quash as theres a lil kitchen in the hall. xx

lizzie29
20-06-10, 19:41
Anyone interested? Obviously you don't have to be IN Chester, people from the surrounding area would be welcome too!

Lima
21-06-10, 22:36
Heya,

Have replied to your pm. I would definitely be interested. I would even be interested in helping you set it up, if you want a second pair of hands.

Lima x

lizzie29
22-06-10, 14:58
Hey Lima

Got your pm thanks! I now know of you and 3 others who are interested, so there would hopefully be 5 of us, if not more! Help organising would be great if you don't mind! What do you think is best venue wise? Could try to book a hall or something like gladyscourt is doing, or with there only being 5 of us shall we just go to a cafe or somewhere? x

lizzie29
22-06-10, 15:02
How's everyone fixed for lunch on Saturday 10th July? x

belle854
22-06-10, 17:21
I would like to be included if that ok, im in Stockport and have tried organising a get together in my area but it has been impossible, you sound like your having more success than me. I have agoraphobia but can manage a certain distant. Can't make saturday 10th July for lunch as working but im off the following week if any of you want to meet up, it would be nice to have some friends that understand what we go through.

diane07
22-06-10, 20:14
I can't make the 10th july either, but i can make the week after, theres a place on the dee itself, its like a cafe/bar................what about there, it won't be all hustle and bustle as its off the town centre.

What do you think lizzie??

di xx

lizzie29
22-06-10, 20:31
Do you mean in the week di? I can't do the weekend of the 17th. I work but do odd hours, so could probably meet at some point! Are you free at any point in the week then? Yes, I know where you mean on the river - that's good for me!

Belle - do you mean you're off all week? Would Chester be okay for you? Some people would be coming from the North Wales area, so Chester would be central ish! x

eljones05
22-06-10, 20:32
Hi I'm in Wrexham but don't know whether I am up to going into Chester at the mo. Maybe interested in the next few months tho - let me know how you get on with setting things up and good luck its a fab idea!!! Nice to know theres people like me not a million miles away suffering with anxiety.

diane07
22-06-10, 21:00
eljones, i could pick you up if it makes it any easier i'm round the corner from you, i don't like chester at the mo because of my agoraphobia but i know i'll be fine.

Lizzie in the week is too hard for me as my partner will be driving me and he will be in work unless we made it at a teatime.

di xx

eljones05
22-06-10, 21:30
HI Di - let me know the exact date and time pls. Many thanks Louise

eljones05
22-06-10, 21:33
PS where do u live Di don't want to put u out

diane07
22-06-10, 21:51
louise i'm ten mins away hun, i'm in wrexham loads, its definately not putting me out.

I'll wait for lizzie to reply and then we can set something up that will suit us all.

di xx

belle854
23-06-10, 07:28
Im in work on sat 10th July then im off for a whole week. Im having cbt at the moment for agoraphobia and panic disorder, I have to do home work which consists of exposing myself to situations I usually avoid, ive been to skipton, york, southport and rhyl upto now so chester would be a new one for my to try plus if I panic i would be amongst friends that understand and that will help me. Im so in need of friends who understand, im getting better so I would love to be able to help others as well as others help me, its so important to us all I think.

Lima
27-06-10, 20:47
Heya, sorry for my slow reply, have had a dodgy week. I can't make the 10th either as I'm looking after my friend's son. If you manage to come up with a date, time and location, let me know.

Lima x

diane07
28-06-10, 10:02
Okay,

We are arranging a meet at my house for 9th july at 1pm, i'll pm you with where i am, anyone who is not able to make this date, don't worry as we will set up another to give everyone a chance to come.

di xx

Chem
28-06-10, 12:31
My heart's pounding, but I'd like to say I'll come, if that's OK with everyone. I have social anxiety, so a group meet is pretty daunting. You all seem so kind and genuine that I think I should give it a try.

diane07
28-06-10, 12:50
Chem,

Of course you're welcome to come along, we'll support each other, its always a bit nerve wrecking meeting new people but just think how good you will feel when you've done it, theres no pressure to talk if you don't want to, i'm making some lunch for us all and if its nice we can have it in the garden.

di xx

lizzie29
28-06-10, 22:16
Brill, thanks Di! And Chem, I say the same as Di, of course you're welcome! I don't know anybody else going, so I'll be a bit nervous too, but we're all understanding people in similar situations and it'll be good to meet up!

Thanks again Di for offering your place :) xxx

diane07
28-06-10, 22:24
Not a problem lizzie, i'll do all i can to support you with this and help out in any way i can.

di x

Lima
28-06-10, 22:38
Heya,

Would have liked to have come but I don't think I'd be able to get there. I can't drive and have some mobility issues, so it's difficult for me to travel far.

Sorry.
Lima x

diane07
28-06-10, 23:11
Lima,

Lizzie was going to pick you up hun.

di x

Lima
28-06-10, 23:14
^ Yup, just pm-ing to sort that out now! Sorry, posted the above messge before I got Lizzie's pm!!!

Lima x

diane07
28-06-10, 23:16
Aww bless, we'd have arranged for someone to come get you hun.

di xx

Lima
28-06-10, 23:23
^ Well I don't wanna impose on anyone or have anyone go out of their way for me.

Lima x

diane07
28-06-10, 23:54
Aww lovely paul,

will pm you all with how to get here, you're not far from me at all so i'll just give you the last bit of journey details, will pm you all tomorrow with them and any probs you can just ask me.

Lizzie and lima are sorting out coming down together so that will be cool.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

di xx

Lima
28-06-10, 23:59
Yup, I'm really looking forward to it too. Must put it in my diary to stop me making appointments on that day!!!

Lima x

Chem
29-06-10, 00:09
I've done that Lima. Am trying to stop myself going back through the thread to see how many of us there will be.......:ohmy:

lizzie29
29-06-10, 15:16
Really looking forward to this, glad there are a few of us!
See you all on the 9th - I'll put a reminder post up here nearer the time!
:)

belle854
29-06-10, 18:12
Im hoping to be there, provided i don't panic on my way over from Stockport, ive managed Rhyl so if your nearer than Rhyl I should be ok. How about we all bring some food, can't expect you to provide everything.

lizzie29
29-06-10, 19:32
Hi Belle.
How are you getting there, are you driving? Lima and I are going together from Chester, so you could always meet us and we could drive in convoy if that would help.
I've offered to Di a couple of times about us taking stuff too, but she's very insistent! She's too nice! :)

diane07
29-06-10, 21:17
belle, i'm far nearer than rhyl hun, i'll sort out with my best mate the best way for you to get here as she lives in stockport too, but as lizzie says if it makes it easier for you to find your way to chester, you can all come down as one lol.

I'm okay with doing lunch............i promise, just bring yourselves.

i'll get in touch with you belle over the easiest way for you to get here from where you are and then you can decide what you want to do.

di xx

lizzie29
29-06-10, 21:39
Di - Louise posted on here a couple of pages ago saying she lives near Wrexham - have you heard from her? Just wondering if she's still interested. x

diane07
29-06-10, 23:03
Have pmed her hun, just waiting to see if she replies, will let you know xx

Lima
01-07-10, 15:49
So, who is actually coming? Sorry, just trying to prepare myself!!!

lizzie29
01-07-10, 21:47
Chem - don't read this! :)

People coming:
Definites - Me, you, Di, Paul, Chem, Tanya, Belle
Possibles - Louise, Mark, Paula

Think that's everyone, really sorry if I've missed someone, just hard going through all the pages on here. :)

diane07
01-07-10, 21:51
I think thats it lizzie, erm who is the You?????

Lima
01-07-10, 22:02
I'm assuming that I'm the 'you' cos I asked the question about who was coming and because I'm not on the list otherwise!!!

Lx

diane07
01-07-10, 22:08
Ah right, i didn't read up properly............my fault.

di xx

Lima
01-07-10, 22:11
^hehe, no worries!!

lizzie29
01-07-10, 22:18
Yeah sorry, Lima was the "you" - sorry Lima! x

Lima
01-07-10, 22:23
^It's ok hun, I've been called far worse!!!

Chem
02-07-10, 01:04
Chem - don't read this! :)

People coming:
Definites - Me, you, Di, Paul, Chem, Tanya, Belle
Possibles - Louise, Mark, Paula

Think that's everyone, really sorry if I've missed someone, just hard going through all the pages on here. :)

Oh help!
OK I'M COMING - but I may not visit the post again! See you on the day..(gulp)...everyone

Lima
03-07-10, 15:30
^ You weren't supposed to read that!!! We'll look after you, it will be ok. Sorry for asking the question, but I needed to know to prepare myself - I should have asked in a pm, sorry.

Lima x

lizzie29
03-07-10, 16:17
We'll all be fine :) We will all understand if anyone feels a bit "wobbly" and will support each other. It'll be so nice to meet similar people who actually understand. And if you're feeling worried about it, just think how good you'll feel when you've done it and had a lovely lunch with a great group of people! x

clickaway
05-07-10, 01:51
@gladyscourt

Another outlet for publicity would be your local uni. I got in touch with the chaplain's office there and sent them a few leaflets, as I was aware from these forums that panic and anxiety is pretty common at that age. Of course doctors' surgeries would be great but you'll probably find that they might not want to display material from a set-up that has no accreditation :(

diane07
06-07-10, 13:19
Aww paul,

We'll all be fine, i don't know anyone that wouldn't be nervous to be honest, i think its much the same for us all.

But the most fabulous thing about this support group is that we all know and understand how each other feels, so we'll help each other out.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

di xx

SeeBeeS
06-07-10, 20:42
Wirral here, and able to get and about so happy to do pick up and drop off(s) to help others attend such meetings.... keep plugging away and the numbers will pick up too (unfortunately) because there are a lot of us out there but most of us aren't aware of how many sufferers of anxiety. panic attacks and depression are in the same or similar situations. And of course those who have recovered and finished their treatment have a valuable part to play too....

lizzie29
06-07-10, 21:41
Paul, try not to worry. If you're feeling bad we'll understand, you can just sit quietly or go outside for some fresh air if you need to. No pressure to talk or anything, just enjoy being around people who understand and know you're not alone. x

SeeBees - thanks for your offer, I'm sure people will be grateful, are you coming to the meetup?

SeeBeeS
07-07-10, 17:13
Can someone point me in the direction for information on panic attack and anxiety brought on by harassment at work

Cheshire Tom
07-07-10, 22:12
Where are you all meeting please. I work in Cheshire and have had anxiety problems for a few years now. It could be very helpfull to meet up with others who have this sort of issue.

Tom.

diane07
07-07-10, 22:35
hiya tom,

The meet is at my house hun, i am about twelve miles from chester.

di xx

tanya 1
08-07-10, 23:00
hey everyone,are you all ready for the meet up tmora ?
im half excited half nervous but im sure your all lovely people as Di has told me so looking forward to it
tanya x

diane07
08-07-10, 23:18
We are all set tanya, i think everyone is excited and nervous but we have a lovely caring bunch here so we'll do just fine.

can't wait to meet you all.

di xx

daydreamer
09-07-10, 16:39
Hope you all have a great time x

Lima
09-07-10, 18:13
Would just like to say thanks to all of you for a lovely afternoon, but a special thanks to Di for allowing us to come to her home. I really enjoyed it, even though I was nervous!!!

Look forward to the next one now I know you all a little better!

Lima x

belle854
09-07-10, 18:46
I had a great time too, doing a bit of travelling is doing me good and giving me the confidence to to try to travel further and to places I don't know, im hoping to be able to go my cousins house in wiltshire again soon as I really miss her and not been for a few years. It was so nice to meet you all and im grateful that even though Im not in your area you all allowed me to join your group. Look forward to seeing you all again. x

lizzie29
09-07-10, 20:02
And I also enjoyed the afternoon! Was lovely to meet everyone, and have a laugh! Thanks to Di too for offering her house, and the great food!
Hopefully we can sort something for August and all meet again :)

diane07
10-07-10, 08:45
I've named the shed..........Pauls Place...........

It was lovely to meet you all and i had such a laugh, can't wait for the next meet.

So thank you all for such a lovely afternoon.

di xx

tanya 1
10-07-10, 09:39
hey everyone,had a lovely time yesterday meeting you all,its nice to talk to people who understand,we also had a laugh didnt we which was brilliant its good that we can sometimes turn our anxiety stories into funny ones and laugh about it.
thanks to Di for letting us come to her house and for the lovely food
look forward to seeing you all again soon
tanya x

nomorepanic
10-07-10, 23:18
I am so glad you all had a lovely time and are going to make it a regular meet-up - lovely news to read.

Well done to all those that pushed their boundaries to get there and thanks to Di for hosting it.

Lima
13-07-10, 23:29
It really was great and thanks a million AGAIN to Di for hosting and Lizzie for trying her hardest to get us all together! We will have to sort out arrangements for the next meet . . . I'm looking forward to the laughter already!

Lima x

diane07
13-07-10, 23:33
Lima, i have been waiting to hear from our Lizzie about the next meet up, as soon as she gets back to me i'm sure she will add to this post.

I can't wait for the next meet.

di xx

lizzie29
14-07-10, 12:14
Hi all!

Well, the date for our next meetup is Sunday 15th August at the Groves pub/restaurant in Chester, by the river. Time will be confirmed, but get the date in your diaries!

Hope lots of you can make it! Paul - I believe there may be the odd boatshed you could stay in there, as an alternative to Di's shed! :)

xxx

diane07
14-07-10, 12:28
Cool, i will definately be there.:D

lizzie29
14-07-10, 14:01
How about we make it 2.30? I suggest we meet outside the Groves - across the road there are some benches in front of the river. If we meet there then there should be a bit of space for us all to wait.

Look forward to it!

diane07
14-07-10, 14:34
okay lizzie, thats a good idea xx

Lima
14-07-10, 21:34
I would love to come but I have a bit of a problem (lol, why is it always me that throws a spanner into the works!). I can get to Chester (woohoo!) and get down to the riverfront. But last time I went down there, the restaurant thing (whatever it's called now it's not The Groves) is really quite expensive and to be honest, while I'm not working it's a bit beyond my means. If you are settled on venue then that's cool, I just won't be able to come, but if not there are several nice pubs and cafes and stuff on the river that are a little cheaper although I don't really know any of them well enough to say how busy they get and stuff.

Sorry to be the world's worst nightmare to accommodate on meet-ups!!! No worries if you are set on the venue, I'll just catch you at the next meet-up.

Lima x

lizzie29
14-07-10, 22:08
Hey Lima

Course you're not the world's worst nightmare! Well, we're only going for drinks - is that still too expensive? If so, I don't mind going somewhere else - what do others think? We could still meet opposite the place and then decide where to go depending on where's busy...

xxx

Lima
15-07-10, 22:28
Okidokily, will try and hunt out some spare cash (lol, *goes looking under cushions on the sofa*). Great idea to meet outside on the benches, as long as it's not raining, so we can suss out where is busy. Slightly further down the riverside is The Boathouse Inn, which is really nice, so that can be a back-up option.

Look forward to seeing you all again,
Lima x

diane07
20-07-10, 19:14
The Boathouse is lovely too, so we can meet up at the benches and take it from there.

Anyone else wanting to join in with us all is most certainly welcome, its a lovely group and we had such a laugh on the last meet.

di xx

Lima
20-07-10, 22:50
^ Yep, I agree, the group is lovely and very welcoming. I felt pretty relaxed at the last meet. Anyone joining the group would be in safe hands.

Lima x

lizzie29
01-08-10, 16:51
Hope everyone is looking forward to the meetup, not long now!

As Di and Lima said, everyone is welcome. There's no pressure to talk about yourself or even join in with conversation, feel free to come along and just listen to us all yapping on! Sure I can talk enough to keep the convo going! :)

belle854
02-08-10, 16:04
If there are any awkward silences Im sure I can come up with one of my amusing stories.:D

lizzie29
02-08-10, 19:26
Oh Belle, that was so funny, you certainly kept us entertained! Don't want to scare any new ppl tho! :)

Lima
02-08-10, 21:48
Yeh, I'm sure we can find some things to laugh about.

Tee hee hee :roflmao:, Belle - you are a hoot!!! Made me smile just thinking about it. Have you been walking again since our last meet? :winks:

Really looking forward to seeing you all again.

Lima x

diane07
02-08-10, 21:55
I can't wait for the next meet, it seems absolutely ages ago since the last one.

Belle, you have such a fab personality i couldn't stop laughing for ages just thinking about how you made us all laugh so much.

I'm away on wednesday until sunday, so i'll check this thread when i get back just to make sure there are no changes.

di xx

lizzie29
02-08-10, 22:19
Di's away Paul - now's your chance to get the shed!

diane07
02-08-10, 22:35
I've even cut paul out a man size cat flap on the door so he can come and go as he pleases, he's promised he's house trained and i'm going to leave him some mini pasties to feast on......................

i've spoilt him rotten:D

lizzie29
02-08-10, 22:43
He's probably packing a sleeping bag as we speak! In fact, he's probably there already - you best go check! :)

diane07
02-08-10, 22:50
sleeping bag:ohmy:...........i've left him a bed with pillows, a duvet and a teddy:lac:

lizzie29
02-08-10, 22:52
Hope you remembered the chocolates on the pillow!

Lima
02-08-10, 22:55
Hehe!! Wow, that sounds amazing, Di - can I move in? I could do with being looked after like that!

Yeh, the last meet seems like ages ago. Perhaps we could make the gaps between meetings shorter?

Lima x

belle854
03-08-10, 21:30
So Di's got a lodger! how many rooms have you got free - enough for us all? do we get to choose which teddy :D

If we were sure of the weather we could of had a picnic in the park and perhaps a game of rounders:yahoo:

Lima - I did manage my walk the Sunday after our first meet, had major panic when I was at the far end of my walk for about a mile, it was awful, It really took it out of me to remain calm, I managed the whole walk though - 17miles in total, I was well and truly (to be polite) done in :D
However acouple of weeks ago I decided to do it again and hit a brick wall, so I had to turn back, I was so down about it, I will have another ago soon.

Really looking forward to our next meet, its so nice having new friends and your such a caring bunch, most of my friends are just work collegues except a couple that I see out of work occasionally for the odd day out or pub meal.

Belle xx

lizzie29
03-08-10, 22:20
Well done, Belle, that's great that you managed to keep going. Don't worry about not doing it the second time - I sometimes think the second time is harder than the first. The first time however far you go is good, but once you've done it there's more to beat the second time. Well done tho, I couldn't even walk 17 miles WITHOUT panic lol!

Shame Paul hasn't realised he's had 4 women talking about him for days now! Or maybe he's just keeping quiet to see what else we say... ;)

Yeah picnic would've been nice but like you say, can never be sure of the weather and it's so rubbish at the mo.

diane07
03-08-10, 22:34
wow well done belle, you've done it once, second time was just a blip, you can do it again :yesyes:way to go you.

Paul hasn't answered as he has taken up residence in the shed, only left him a teddy but no computer:lac: i'm sure he'll get bored before i get back from my holiday so by all means please join him and no wild parties :shades:

di xx

Lima
04-08-10, 00:05
We could always make it a picnic closer to the time, if the weather is going to be good? The park by the river is really nice. And we could play games then!!! I love picnics and games!

Belle - I think you've done amazingly. I couldn't walk that far! You've done it once, you can do it again!

As for Paul, I bet he's watching and reading to wait and see whether we begin complimenting him on his shed choice!!! I wonder if he would like my shed? - it's small and dark and full of spiders, certainly not as nice as Di's!!!

I can't wait for the meet-up either. Feeling pretty lonely and isolated at the mo, so it's always good to spend time with such a friendly bunch of people. It was good to laugh too, we had a great time!

Lima x

diane07
04-08-10, 01:36
OMG.................my shed must be the tardis...........even i don't know where the east wing is :roflmao:

I'm going away tomorrow so i'll put this to you all...............we can always do this back at mine again...........its not a problem..............its a support group............as long as lizzie :whistles:does the arranging of who is coming ...............i'm more than happy to have you all here..............no problem for me rustling some grub up at all, and if its nice i'll let you all on the field outside for a game of rounders:D

let me know ??

i'll be here until about 2pm tomorrow, then back on sunday.

di xx

lizzie29
04-08-10, 10:28
Master bedroom, fab! Although Lima gets a whole wing?! What's that about!!! And Paul, you should share the jacuzzi really - you'll only get all wrinkly otherwise, and then the undies won't do you the justice you deserve!

I'm happy to meet at Di's or Chester - really makes no difference to me, so whatever everyone prefers is fine with me! Will warn you now tho - I was RUBBISH at PE at school, so you won't get much competition at rounders from me! :)

Anyway guys, what do you prefer?

xxx

PUGLETMUM
04-08-10, 10:47
:)hi all, im in warrington, which is quite local to you all. sounds like you have made some good friends and had a good time - did any of you take partners?

diane07
04-08-10, 10:50
yes partners are welcome or friends emma, they did on the last meet.

di x

lizzie29
04-08-10, 18:17
Paul - I meant share as in take turns!!! Oh dear, I've got myself a reputation now! :blush: Don't think I'll be able to face you all at the meetup now lol! :unsure:

Have got great images of kids making fax machine noises, I want an impression when we see you!

Am off to hide in the corner with embarrassment - and I haven't even played rounders yet!

lizzie29
04-08-10, 19:42
Mmm, pasties and cider - you've got me there!

For any new people wishing to join us who might've been put off by Paul dressing in women's underwear, the talk of Belle and sharp objects, and Paul and I in a jacuzzi in Di's shed - we really are a very respectable, nice bunch of people and you'd be very welcome to join us! :)

lizzie29
04-08-10, 20:57
Paul, I have my reputation as a shy, responsible citizen to uphold. Please don't post such outrageous statements on a public forum.

PS - it was rugby, not football. :)

Lima
04-08-10, 22:06
Hehehe :roflmao:this thread is making me laugh without you guys all being here in my living room - so the meet-up should be hilarious!

I really don't mind where we go either, but if it's back at Di's I will have to grab a lift from someone (if they don't mind) cos I have no idea how else to get there!!! I don't mind offering up my place as a place to meet as well . . . it's often untidy - but clean and fairly comfy!!!

I love rounders and sports and games a stuff, despite the crutches (although I will claim extra points for the disadvantage of my disability - he he I have to get something good out of it)!!! Games are great too! I'm such a child at heart!

I'm not sure I want to try and evict the spiders from my shed Paul, I'm too scared of them myself, that's why I never go in there! I think I prefer the idea of the East Wing of Di's Shed - it sounds grand!

Can't wait for the meet-up and seeing you all again.

Lima x

lizzie29
04-08-10, 22:50
Hey Lima!

I'm the same - such a big kid at heart, despite being hopeless at sports lol! Can I claim extra sympathy points for trying?! I'm better at games tho (*cough* hint hint *cough*) - we should do some icebreaker type game, like charades or the one where you have a famous person stuck to your head and the others have to give you clues.

Glad you're enjoying the Paul/Lizzie comedy show - hey Paul, there's money to be made there! We could hire ourselves out for kids' parties, we'd go down a treat (may have to alter some of the material tho!)

Let's see where Belle prefers for the meetup. Is Tanya coming again? Think Paula is. Then we can sort where to have it.

Looking forward to it! x

lizzie29
04-08-10, 23:37
Sorry to hear about your Dad's anniversary Paul. Sure it must be a really hard day for you, but also chance to focus on the good memories. Remember we're all here to support you, so feel free to have a mope or a rant, or whatever you need.

In the meantime, enjoy your shed and jacuzzi - what more does a man need?! :)

Lima
04-08-10, 23:43
Sorry to hear about the anniversary Paul, they can be really tricky. I hope you manage to stay 'happy drunk'. Although, I would avoid the Toilet Duck - bleurgh!!!

We're all here for you.

Lima x

Lima
05-08-10, 00:08
^It's amazingly strong of you to share that with us Paul, and I'm touched that you have. The fact that he said that to you, shows how much he cared about you and appreciated all that you did for him. And I'm sure he knew you felt that way too. It is easy to look back with hindsight at things we could have said and done, but we can't change what has already happened (so try not to beat yourself up over it!).

I have lost a few important people in my life, and it is just so, so hard. So I do understand some of the things you are feeling.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to trot off to my beddybyes now cos I took my night meds a while ago (and I've had my higher dose so I'll be unconscious in about 10mins!), but I'm thinking of you and hope you can enjoy the rest of your evening with fond memories.

Take good care of yourself, Paul.
Lima x

Lima
05-08-10, 18:36
Hope you slept ok, Paul.

Can't wait for the next meet-up and to have a laugh with you all again!

Lima x

belle854
05-08-10, 18:59
Hey guys, I don't mind Chester or Di's, do fancy the trampoline though:).

Paul - one of the many nice things about being in a support group is that you can discuss and get support on more than just panic attacks and anxiety etc. Its your chance to be able to say whats on your mind, let off some steam, have a rant and you will never get judged. Sometimes we think that because we have issues and thats why we have joined this site, that we are the victims of some awful Problem that we are trying to overcome, but do you know what, we are the lucky ones because it makes us even more determined to want to help others, we are more sensitive and caring and what ever demon you are facing that day, we are all facing it with you. Don't you think that is a great and reasuring feeling, I sure feel better knowing you are all with me.

Can't wait to see you all, Paul I knew it was a thong sticking out of your jeans :ohmy:, and Lizzie, well what can I say, you sure are a diva. :winks:

Belle

Lima
05-08-10, 21:24
Awww poor Lizzie, I think she's getting a lot of stick here (athough probably no more than Belle got at the meet-up!!!).

It's great to have somewhere to talk about our problems without judgement. Sometimes it's the daily grind that is harder to deal with than the anxiety itself. It's great we can all talk and listen and help each other. I really felt at ease at the meet-up, something I didn't expect, and I think it will only get better as we get to know each other more. I'm glad we can have a good bit of banter too, it's good to laugh sometimes (even when you're feeling rubbish, a little light relief goes a long way).

Did someone mention a trampoline??? I love bouncing!!! Damn not having more working limbs!!!

Lima x

lizzie29
05-08-10, 22:45
Thanks for sticking up for me Lima :) Paul's just jealous cos he's an old git, unlike my young, beautiful self!!!

Belle, I think you're absolutely right. We're stronger, more determined, brave and probably more understanding than people without such problems. Everyone is so caring and I'm really glad I've met such a great group of people.

Personally I think we should rename ourselves as WAGs - We Are Great!!! :)

lizzie29
06-08-10, 09:40
I sometimes wish I didn't have anxiety, but sadly I can't change that! On the up side though, it's made me who I am and I seem to be doing okay as a person! Have to make the most of everything, and there are positives that have come from it, so we all need to focus on them.

Paul, stop making out you're so hardcore - we all know you're a big softie at heart :)

belle854
06-08-10, 15:47
Paul you are so funny quite the comedian, Lizzie I wouldn't worry too much about Paul, I think he just has to act matcho cos hes out numbered at the meetups with us girls.

Paul would make a great fairy in the Christmas play, I wanted to be mary when at school but guess what I was???????

Belle

Lima
06-08-10, 17:10
So, what part did you play in the Christmas nativity, Belle? Scary innkeeper?

I shall be stuck at home, all lonely and pathetic, for the weekend (as usual!!). Wish I did have some exciting plans. The highlight of my weekend will probably be watching Casualty!!!

Hope the rest of you have a more exciting weekend coming up!

Lima x

lizzie29
06-08-10, 19:13
Paul, you feeling okay? You've been... NICE!!! I'm in shock! But now that I know that you wet yourself, I'm not so sure I want to share that jacuzzi...

I'm guessing Belle was a donkey! Myself, I was the angel - honest! I even have a video of me at 5 singing Away In A Manger in an angel's outfit - so cute! Things change eh?! Lima, what were you? Paul, used to love the programme with Grotbags - that's you to a tee! :)

lizzie29
06-08-10, 19:43
That sounds more like a list from some scary psycho movie rather than a kids' nativity!

We all need to do an nmp christmas nativity, that'd be hilarious!

Lima
06-08-10, 20:47
I was always the narrator in nativities, cos I was the best reader (and something of a teacher's pet/swot). Very boring . . . I just wanted to get in there, dress up and act, rather than stand there in my school uniform reading!

I spoke to Paula the other day, she hadn't even caught up with the thread since the last meet, said she would probably come. Have we go a definite location yet?

I still stick to my original bet, that Belle was a knife-wielding innkeeper - "NO, YOU MAY NOT STAY IN MY INN!!! AND IF I CATCH YOU IN THE STABLE . . . SO HELP YOU!!!" Tee hee hee :roflmao:

Lima x

lizzie29
06-08-10, 20:55
Ha ha Lima, love it! I'd so laugh it Belle turns up with a video of her doing something along those lines!

So the bets are:
Lima -(knife-wielding) innkeeper
Me - donkey
Paul - shepherd

Up to you to put us out of our misery Belle! (how on earth did we get talking about nativity plays?!)

Yeah I spoke to Paula too and she said the same. No idea about Tanya, I don't have any contact details for her.

Think Di's back at the weekend - she's sure got a lot of catching up to do! She can't leave us alone for even a few days without Paul taking a totally innocent comment and turning it into disgusting jokes throughout a thread... I think it's disgraceful personally. Tut tut.

Lima
06-08-10, 21:14
Yes, it's terrible, what a slurr on your upstanding character, Lizzie :lac:

No idea how we got on to nativities!

Looking forward to the meet-up even more now - it seems like it will be a good laugh!!!

Lima x

diane07
07-08-10, 09:42
GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

I go away for a couple of days and you have all been so naughty, i can't put you all on the naughty step so you have to go in the naughty corner:lac:

Sorry to hear about your dad paul and sorry i couldn't be here to support you, talking about these things is often the best form of therapy.

Well i decided i wouldn't take my tent camping as its too big, so i borrowed a smaller one..................what a huge mistake that was, i might as well have taken two chairs and thrown a sheet over, i spent the whole time pegging and unpegging this piece of tissue (so called tent).
I have that many aches and pains, even my trousers were hurting.

Then a group of kids spotted my eldest daughter and insisted on shouting "hey sexy lady" constantly at our piece of tissue, it was only when they threw a load of berries at it that Di lost her cool and went in hot pursuit after them:D i told them all off and sent them on their way back to their parents.

Then yesterday...........The great old Force 9 gales came and enough was enough, i packed everything up and threw the piece of tissue in the bin on the way out and headed for home.

Sounds like a disaster...................not so!

The fact was i went on my own with my two girls, getting up in the middle of the night in search of the loos in pitch black tested my agoraphobia, but i did it.
Knowing that if my makeshift tent collapsed in the winds that there was only me there to sort it, most people with anx couldn't cope with that so all in all i'm proud of me and apart from anything i have never laughed so much and made some fab friends, going into bars with just my girls..........i was well proud of me:D

And i know its because of our meet up and support group that gave me the strength to do it.

I would definately encourage people to go to meet ups, the inner strength it gives you is the best form of therapy ever, no matter how nervous you feel to begin with.

Rounders is definately out of the question at the next meet up, with all these aches i have picking up the queen on a chessboard would be testing:roflmao:

di x

lizzie29
07-08-10, 11:25
Yay Di, you're back :) Glad to hear you had a good time, and a massive well done!!! You deserve to be proud, and treat yourself to lots of nice hot baths over the weekend for your poor aching muscles! Bet you're so pleased, what an achievement, go girl! And hope those little brats were scared when you shouted at them, serves them right!

As you can see from the thread, Paul's been causing lots of mayhem and totally picking on me. Now you're back you can boot him out of your shed and send him packing! Hope he hasn't trashed the place, that'd be just like him.

We're all really looking forward to the next meet-up. Seems everyone doesn't seem to mind where it's at, what do you reckon?

Glad you had a nice time away and well done again :) xxx

diane07
07-08-10, 12:13
LMAO Paul,

No i won't be on the news, nor in the newspapers, i just put the toe rags in their place :D

In answer to your question i don't let the agora stop me from doing things anymore, i just go ahead and do them, if i start feeling uncomfortable i just throw my ipod on and it stops any bad thoughts, its hard to think when i have boogie wonderland blasting down my ears :roflmao:

Herbal tea and being posh???? is that us? :whistles:

Lizzie thanks for the well done, yes i'm super proud and the hot bath was the best ever.

My shed i am still cleaning up, don't know who had the pillow fight but there were feathers everywhere, had to put teddy in the wash as he was covered in tahini sauce from someones kebab, which i later found stuck to the bottom of my shoe tsk! and who put the fairy liquid in the jacuzzi.....................i couldn't see for the bubbles:mad:

If everyone is fine with going to chester then we can still go for that and meet at the benches, will do my agora good to get out there.

di xx

lizzie29
07-08-10, 12:34
Right, benches by the river opposite the Groves at 2.00pm then! We did say 2 didn't we? Then we can go wherever the mood fancies!

Di - Boogie Wonderland is a top song, love it! xxx

diane07
07-08-10, 12:57
Yes lizzie, 2pm it is.

Boogie wonderland is great i just have to remember not to wiggle my hips and strut my stuff when its playing, i have had some funny stares............

Lima
07-08-10, 16:21
Coolio, sounds like you had an eventful trip Di, but you have done amazingly! Very proud of you, although I knew you were a tough cookie and would be able to do anything life throws at you. You should definitely indulge in lots of hot baths for the muscles, preferably with some REALLY nice relaxing scents, possibly a nice Lush bath-bomb!!!

The thought of you wandering around dancing to 'Boogie Wonderland' and hip-wiggling, is making me smile. I often catch myself singing along to my i-pod, then realising I'm in a public place (the poor people's ears that I'm deafening!!!).

Looking forward to the meet. It's on the calendar and can't wait to see you all.

Lima x

belle854
07-08-10, 20:09
I had just finished typing my post and the site wouldn't let me post it. Start again Belle.

Welcome back Di and well done with your camping trip. I love camping but had a Bad experience a couple of years ago, my panic attacks and agoraphobia were at there worst and we were camping in Norfolk at a great campsite. I think camping is a real challenge for anyone suffering with agoraphobia so Di it really is fantastic.

Im really looking forward to our next meet however I better let you all know that my dog is not well and its only a matter or time before I have to do my final act of kindness. Since we metup Ive had to take my dog to the vets and then on to the animal hospital, he had been given 3-6months to live so the past few weeks have been awful. If I burst in to tears then you will know why, hes my baby and having no children all my motherly instincts go to him.

Don't worry about Paul Lizzie you can sit next to me so he can't get you, I don't think he fancies his chances with a nutter like me :wacko:. Lima could give him a million lines to do for when we next meetup.

Belle x

lizzie29
07-08-10, 20:26
Belle, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I bet he's been like a real friend to you, and I'm sure it'll be a huge loss. Don't worry about bursting into tears, we'll be there with the tissues and hugs :)

Thanks for protecting me from Paul, as you can see from what he's written I need it! Certainly won't come near me with you and your knife in between!

Paul, have you ever thought about writing? You definitely have the imagination for it!

xxx

belle854
07-08-10, 21:12
Its so strange, ive known some people for years and know them quite well but I feel closer to you guys even though we know little about each other, I think its because we have a special connection, its just so nice.

I'll let you all know what part I played in the nativity when we meet, two very important roles I think you will be very impressed, one was in infant school and the other in primary school, whoever said donkey was sort of close with one. I might even throw in a few ghostly tales that happened to me which are true, I feel a close encounter coming on.:D

Belle x

lizzie29
07-08-10, 21:18
I said donkey!!! Haha Paul, loooooooooooooooser!

Belle - sheep? The other one - er, angel?

xxx

belle854
07-08-10, 21:51
Ok I'll tell, in infant school I played - are you ready for this - brace yourself - a stable wall, what a responsibility, me and a girl called Victoria because we were the tallest. We had to stand on a chair holding the stable wall up, we were really good at it, we never let go through the whole play. I mean what was that about, couldn't they stay in a bed and breakfast or static caravan somewhere then at least me and Victoria could of been cleaners or cooked the breakfast (pork sausages :D). So, to the next year, are you ready, the donkey connection, I have a musical talent, I can make the sound of donkeys hooves with coconuts whilst the rest of children sang the song 'little donkey', all the mums and dads applauded, even though the donkey brokeout into a gallop towards the end. The most popular girl always got the leading roles and it sticks in my throat even to this day.:mad:

So there you have it, I know its impressive isn't it. :)

Belle x

lizzie29
07-08-10, 22:09
Omg, I would never have guessed stable wall lol! That's brill, what a role for your acting CV! And you were donkey hooves - how cute is that! Got an image of your sitting there with your hair in pigtails with your little coconuts! :) xxx

belle854
08-08-10, 06:58
Thats really impressive Paul, I wonder if it would still work with a few not so nice people I work with! I think James Cameron would be better to direct that film as he did do 'Titanic' and its kind of along the same lines. :)

Lima
08-08-10, 14:28
Awwww Belle, so sorry to hear about your dog. It's awfully hard to lose a pet, they are members of the family. If you burst into tears, please know that I always have tissues in my pocket/bag. To be honest, I've been randomly bursting into tears all over the place for the last few weeks, so I will probably join you in crying!

Do I have to be the teacher in all this and separate you lot?!!! I think that should be Di's job, seeing as she's the most senior member of NMP between us all! I'm ducking out on this one - *runs and hides under the table*.

See you all next week.
Lima x

lizzie29
08-08-10, 18:38
Lima and Paul - sorry to hear you're having such a hard time guys. Hope you both know you can text or pm me if you need to rant or some support (Paul, don't think you have my number, will pm you it).

Paul, I know you say you haven't achieved anything because you didn't enjoy it, but you did. Not achieving would have been staying at home and giving in to the panic, which would have been a lot easier and I know I've done that from time to time. It's really hard to push yourself, so I think you should be kind to yourself. Okay, so you didn't enjoy it which obviously you would rather have, but the fact that you did it is good in itself. I know what you mean about others actually living rather than just battling through, and yeah, I agree it's totally rubbish at times, to see everyone else enjoying life and living it to the full. Who knows though, maybe it's not as easy for them as it seems? I bet people at the zoo didn't look at you and think about your panic. Plus, you wouldn't have met us fine people if you weren't having difficulties. Just think, who would you have to take the mick out of, and make up stories about?!

Chin up matey - like you say, tomorrow is another day, and we're less than 7 days now til our meet-up!

PS - I'm fine, and thanks for the new name - what an oxymoron! :)

diane07
09-08-10, 09:54
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Now wait a minute paul.............. no wonder you feel so down, you have just told yourself you're a crap dad, crap husband!!!!! no wonder you are feeling deflated, if i sat here telling myself how useless i was and how crap i was i would feel somewhat pretty damn horrible about myself.

So which bit makes you the useless dad and husband, you took your family to the zoo!!!!!!!!! you weren't feeling in the best frame of mind to begin with and you struggled..............well excuse me if you think different but......Ahem! doesn't that make you the best dad and hubby ever, the fact that despite feeling rotten, you still went.

And why oh why didn't you phone me, i could have helped you out:hugs:

The zoo is a tough one, did it last year and i just couldn't get in the monkey house even though my little girl begged me to............... despite her feeling disappointed with me there was no way i was going to have the trapped feeling and then me start running through knocking every single person who dared to be in my way, huffing and puffing thinking i'm gonna collapse any minute.................no way, did i feel a failure, nope, i'd got myself to the zoo and that in itself was an achievement.

Tell you what we'll do, before the kids go back to school, arrange to go again only this time i'll go with my family too, i promise you, it will be a walk in the park.

Lima...................we have this support group to support one another, if you're feeling low, then do let us know so we can help you out, i can't remember if you have my number, but i'll pm you with it, you can phone me anytime, even if its just for a chat.

di xxx

Lima
09-08-10, 13:37
Nice one Di, you tell him! I think you did amazingly, Paul, to even get through the zoo gates.

Ooooooh, if you are going to the zoo again, can I come too?!!! I don't have a child to bring (unless I steal the little girl from the flat below mine), but I am one at heart, especially when there's girryraffeys involved!!!

I am really struggling at the minute, but unfortunately because I'm stupid and scared of the phone, I couldn't ever call you!!!

Lima x

diane07
09-08-10, 13:43
We'll all go the zoo, and prove its a lovely place to be and not scary at all, we can take a picnic :D

Lima i'll give you my number anyway and even if you didn't want to phone, you could always text me:hugs:

di xx

diane07
09-08-10, 16:37
I understand what you're saying paul.

But look at it this way, for a few years now i have had my super mate Lisa (bottleblond) on the other end of the phone for me, and there have been times when i have phoned her, knowing she can't really stop my panic, but quite simply, just talking to her knowing full well she knows exactly what i am feeling, has been enough, it has calmed me down and stopped the panic.

I no longer need that support now, she has been my rock and i will always be there for her too.

You should never feel guilty for leaning on my shoulder and nor should anyone else, my shoulders may look all weak and puny, but they have the strength of the incredible hulk.

I wouldn't have spent all day worrying, i passed through chester twice yesterday, i'd have just come to the zoo and let you know that i was there, you'd spot me a mile off, i'd be the one outside the monkey house screaming at the top of my voice..........ITS THE MONKEY HOUSE..................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Sadly with anx and panic we have to go through these horrible thought processes in order to overcome them, its not nice, but its something we have to do continually until all of a sudden you'll be at the zoo, get home and think..........wow! i've just thought...........i didn't even panic today.............thats where i am upto now.

There will be times when i have a bad day especially if i'm tired, but its only a blip and not a failure, i pick myself up and dust myself down and think tomorrow is another day.

And thats all yesterday was for you.................A BLIP!!!

The great thing about this support group is i wouldn't care if i had a panic attack in front of you all, best people to be around if i did, because i know none of you would look at me like "oh my god! what a looney tune" i know you'd all know exactly what i was feeling and that alone makes me feel very safe

I'm going back the zoo at the end of august to go tackle the Monkey House..........Mr old Panic can just go take a run and jump, i'm going in there whether he likes it or not :mad:.

If i find the superhuman make yourself invisible recipe i'll bottle it up and bring it on sunday :D

di xx

discostu58
09-08-10, 16:43
Its good to see a group being set up I'm from north wales would like more info if poss

diane07
09-08-10, 16:45
Hiya stu,

we're all meeting up in chester at the benches opposite the Groves, do you know it??

di x

lizzie29
09-08-10, 18:44
I'm in for a trip to the zoo! I don't worry about stuff like that, so if you really want to Di, I'll drag you in that monkey house! Seriously though, like Di was saying, I've got friends that are just there at the end of the phone if I need to phone them worrying, and it makes a HUGE difference, just knowing someone's there. I know I've said this to Paul and Lima, but obviously the same applies to you Di - I'm happy to be there if ever you need it, or even if you want to go out a bit further but don't want to do it alone, I'll come along. I think it's good if we can all turn these bad experiences into good by being there for each other.

Paul, I said the same as Di - the fact that you did it at all is an achievement. And Di and I are super brainy, so we must be right :)

Lima, I know I've said it loads, but please text if you need to!

Oh, and everyone, Paul has a little secret about today - IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY!!!
Happy Birthday Paul, I know you had an early start but hope you're enjoying it despite the tiredness! And you really don't look a day over 50... :)

belle854
09-08-10, 18:48
We will have to make sure we all exchange phone numbers on Sunday, then if we are having a bad moment we can call someone. Support is all the time not just when we meetup or are on this site.

Paul - I know what you mean about going somewhere and getting through it but not actually enjoying it, you think whats the point. But each time you do it will get easier. Ive come along way since my panic attacks and agora started, and I will continue to push on. Sometimes you have good days and sometimes you have bad days but each day is a new day.

Lima - always speak up if your going through a bad patch, never be alone.

belle854
09-08-10, 18:54
:birthday1::birthday1::birthday1::birthday1::birth day::birthday::birthday::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower:

Paul is the birthday boy. Hope your having a great day.

lizzie29
09-08-10, 19:01
Wow Belle, your birthday message made mine look rubbish in comparison! Where did you get all the funky pics?! You've got my number, so same goes as for the above - call/text whenever :)

lizzie29
09-08-10, 20:49
Cheers Paul, can't wait for Sunday now! Bet I can run faster than you tho, so you gotta catch me first! (actually, I'm so bad at running that the kids I used to babysit for used to take the mick!) Oh, and you missed the accents off "Pièce de résistance" - if you're going to use fancy phrases, at least get them right!

I'm really glad this support group is working out, seems to be of benefit to everyone already :)

lizzie29
09-08-10, 21:45
You know what they say - fine line between love and hate ;)

Paula is hopefully coming, spoke to her the other day. No idea about Tanya, I'll pm her now, but don't have mob number for her.

lizzie29
09-08-10, 22:08
Anyone know Tanya's username?

diane07
09-08-10, 22:24
i'll pm tanya lizzie, i think she is coming.

di xx

Lima
09-08-10, 22:27
Happy Birthday, Paul!!! I can't do the flashy pics and stuff either, so that will have to do!!

I love the zoo, so if anyone ever wants a supportive friend to go with, I'll always be there.

Thank you all for your messages of support, it means a lot. And the same goes for you all, I'm always here if I can help in anyway (except using the phone cos I may die of apoplexy)!! I guess I feel like a complete fraud for even being hereon NMP, because the worst part of my mental health issues, is the depression and personality stuff, rather than anxiety and panic. And while I do have some anxiety based issues (not least the damn annoying phone phobia), I wouldn't say that anxiety was a huge problem for me. So, while I completely understand fear, anxiety and panic, that still makes me a fraud in terms of how my anxiety issues compare to all of yours.

Anyways, I'm going to go and hide now I've said that.

Take care and night night!

Lima x

diane07
10-08-10, 10:03
Aww lima,

Regardless of what we suffer with, whether it be panic, depression, ptsd etc
we all suffer in our own ways, so don't think you don't belong here because you do.

I have sent tanya a message so as soon as she gets back to me i will let you know.

Paul i put up a birthday message on the forum for you yesterday, do go have a peep.

di xx

Lima
10-08-10, 11:28
Hiya again,

Thanks Di, that means a lot. I just do feel so unworthy of being here, but I guess that's part of my mh issues, feeling that way.

I posted in Paul's birthday thread. Hope you had a great day, Paul.

Lima x

belle854
10-08-10, 17:15
Whether im on the phone or talking to someone in general I have been known to either go blank or think about what im saying and then I start to stutter only abit but when that happens no words will come out of my mouth. It makes you feel really self conscious, I don't know of any fancy words and when explaining something I have to go round the houses cos im not smart enough to say it anyother way. People have been known to finish my sentences which is really embarrassing.

belle854
10-08-10, 17:47
Lizzie - if you click on the 'more' at the bottom of the smiles there are loads of funky icons

lizzie29
10-08-10, 19:55
I have to agree with Paul, Belle I wouldn't have got that impression of you at all. Or you either Paul, for that matter. You were both quite chatty at the last meetup, especially considering it was the first time we'd all met.
Think I have the opposite problem - talking too much! So don't worry all, if you're feeling unable to talk on Sunday I'm sure I can manage to find stuff to bore you all with.
Belle, don't say you're not smart enough - you were certainly smart enough to keep us all giggling with you tales!
And Lima, you're not a fraud at all! There are so many different mental health problems on this forum, and all are as important as each other and deserve to be given the time and opportunity to be talked about.

I often wonder when I'm out and about if people can sort of "sense" that I have problems, and are they looking at me and thinking "gosh, what a weirdo" lol! And then sometimes, I feel really proud of myself for walking down the street with all the "normal" people lol, hopefully blending in! How sad am I?! Lol!

To be honest though, what is normal? Everyone I know seems to have some sort of "issue", even if they may be a lot smaller than ours may be. But in some ways, we're a lot stronger than them, more sympathetic and more able to cope with what life throws us. Also, there's a post on here that says people with mental health problems are more intelligent than those without - I'm happy to believe that! Obviously there are exceptions to the rule though (*cough* Paul *cough*) :)

belle854
10-08-10, 20:36
Ive just been looking at all the posts, the posts you guys have done are so well written, interesting and some really cool sentences, then I look at mine and feel ive gatecrashed the A class, im more of the C class. Reminds me of school, the bright, intelligent ones were in a class that was called Shakespeare, the not so bright and intelligent ones (me) were in a class called Sullivan. Good job my talent lies in the story telling, I can eat 20 marshmellows in one go too.:D

lizzie29
10-08-10, 20:41
Belle, don't put yourself down. I'm sure there's really no difference in all our sentences, it's probably just the way you see it. I certainly hadn't noticed any difference between them all, except that Paul's are much abusive!

Even if you weren't in the top class at school - so what?! You're a strong, lovely, kind, caring, understanding, funny person who works damn hard at her anxieties to get better - that's a lot more than I could say about some people.

Anyway, you're bound to be better at rounders than me - apparently I look like a duck when I run! Although I am tempted to challenge you to the marshmallow thing... :winks:

Keep smiling - who cares about English classes at school, it's what tpe of person you are that counts, and you're definitely an A grade in that subject :hugs:

belle854
10-08-10, 20:42
Pam Ayres - I dont know what to say to that. See im brain dead, nothing clever to say in my my defence.:weep:

lizzie29
10-08-10, 20:43
PS - you cursed me! Spot the typos lol!

diane07
10-08-10, 21:44
I shall bring a recorder on sunday so we can have a rendition thanks very much paul:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

diane07
10-08-10, 21:50
:roflmao:recorder and trombone :winks: i'll bring a cap, we could make a few bob for NMP.

lizzie29
10-08-10, 22:17
Di, don't encourage him! Although the fundraising idea is a good one - think the recorder is probably more appropriate than the trombone or cymbals!

I can play songs from tuned bottles - we could make a band between us!

diane07
10-08-10, 22:22
Hmm! what can i do then...............................erm............ .......erm:shrug:

lizzie29
10-08-10, 22:24
Play the spoons!

diane07
10-08-10, 22:26
YAYY!! :yahoo:spoons it is :D

lizzie29
10-08-10, 22:33
You better get practising Di, I want a full rendition of Three Blind Mice on Sun! :yesyes:

What a group! Guy with a recorder up his nose, woman blowing a load of bottles and another playing the spoons! As if we didn't all have enough problems lol!

Wonder what Lima and Belle can add to our little 'band'?

Lima
10-08-10, 23:20
^ I can't add anything. I'm no good at music! Was thrown out of music classes at school and was made to sit outside the door every lesson for a year. I will just hide at the back.

Lx

diane07
10-08-10, 23:30
I'm useless at music lima, so we can be useless at the spoons together lol!

Lima
10-08-10, 23:32
Cool, thanks. I think I could play a triangle . . . or I'm quite good at rhythm so I could stomp one of my sticks on the ground!!!

Lima x

diane07
10-08-10, 23:35
yayy we could do spoons and sticks....................thats us sorted:D

Lima
11-08-10, 01:26
:grouphug: Group huuuuuuuuug!

Chem
11-08-10, 02:41
I hope you have a wonderful time on Sunday. If you decide to cross the bridge over the Dee be prepared for it to rock, especially if you all walk in step! Hope the sun shines for you xxx

lizzie29
11-08-10, 11:09
Take That? I'm thinking worldwide fame like The Beatles!
Lima, everyone knows every good band has a 'stick stomper', so there's def a place for you!

Thanks for the message Chem! Feel free to join us, would be lovely to have you if you can make it... :)

belle854
11-08-10, 19:33
I'll play the coconuts, we need a name. Any ideas?

So whos coming on Sunday?

belle854
11-08-10, 19:34
Forgot to ask, is there a carpark near where we are meeting?

lizzie29
11-08-10, 20:04
Well Paul and I were having this conversation. I'm going to park across the river at Handbridge. There's a car park at the Groves pub, but if we don't go there we can't really park there. Also, it's only small and will probably be full on a Sunday.
So, like I said, I'm going across the river then will walk back over the bridge. Do you need directions Belle?

belle854
11-08-10, 20:46
What road are you parking on, is it a carpark or side street?

lizzie29
11-08-10, 20:57
Side street. There's a road called Victoria Crescent, in Handbridge. I'll be parking on any of the little roads around there - have a look on google maps. Really easy to find, let me know if any probs.

Lima
11-08-10, 21:06
I'm really sorry guys but I think I ought to be :redcard: - red carded - and not come this weekend. Everything has just completely fallen apart and I'm just so frustrated -:wall: and :curse: angry - that I don't want to ruin your lovely day. I'm so sorry. Was really looking forward to it.

Lima x

lizzie29
11-08-10, 21:08
Hey Lima

Do you want to pm me? Or text? You know you're so welcome to join us, you really wouldn't ruin our day AT ALL. It doesn't matter if you're feeling down, or upset, or angry - that's what we're all here for, to support you. You can say as much or as little to us as you want. And if you were looking forward to it, it seems a shame if you miss it - might do you good do you think?

xxx

diane07
11-08-10, 21:54
Lima,

i am damn well picking you up whether you like it or not.

di xx

Lima
11-08-10, 21:56
You guys are really sweet.

I'm having a realllllllllllllllllllllllllly s*** day so I won't make a decision now, I'll sleep on it. But I'm sure you guys don't need someone completely barking, raving, loony mad f***ing up your day (cos ultimately, upsetting people and f***ing things up seems to be the only thing I'm good at).

lizzie29
11-08-10, 22:05
Lima you have to come, if only to help me beat up Paul!!! Then you may go :)

diane07
11-08-10, 22:19
:mad: paul........................it is a lime green shell suit................gawd man get it right!!

erm! and what is up with jeremy kylie.......................he is so :blush: i dunno ............cute :winks: okay okay di has a crush on jeremy kyle.............

lizzie29
11-08-10, 22:21
Di, what can I say? You're one heck of a classy bird!

diane07
11-08-10, 22:27
:winks: aww thanks lizzie, i knew you'd be impressed................

Lima
11-08-10, 22:36
^Don't diss the Doc Martens!

Lima
11-08-10, 23:07
I love my tartan dms, I shall be wearing them if I am wearing full-length trousers . . . if I'm in my 3/4s or shorts, I shall not be wearing dms as it looks really weird!!!

diane07
11-08-10, 23:12
:ohmy:..............paul has binned me :weep::weep::weep::weep:

diane07
11-08-10, 23:51
:roflmao:that made me howl big time.

Paul you are a breath of fresh air at times.

I've had a damn hard few days and you make it all better.

thanks mate

di xx

Lima
11-08-10, 23:57
Here for you too, Di! I might be sobbing like a wet raincloud but I can try to be of some use/help to ya.

Lima x

diane07
12-08-10, 00:03
oh my lovely lot,

its nothing to worry about, just silly family troubles, nothing i can't handle, its just refreshing to have a laugh and a giggle, you're a lovely bunch and i wouldn't be without you all xx

Lima
12-08-10, 00:13
^well if you wanna talk, ya know we're here . . . serious or randomly beany.

Lima x

diane07
12-08-10, 00:25
:roflmao:lima xx

Lima
12-08-10, 10:26
Glad I made ya smile.

Lima
12-08-10, 16:19
I think I am coming on Sunday, so look out Chester!!! Please forgive me if I'm a right moody cow . . . I think I musta been a Mad Cow in a previous life.

Lima x

diane07
12-08-10, 17:06
Aww we'll cheer you up lima :D

belle854
12-08-10, 17:46
Some days I feel I can do anything and go anywhere, usually its when im in the safety of my home. We have good days and bads so we just have to take each day as it comes. Hopefully we will all be having a good day on sunday as im so looking forward to seeing you all again. I just hope im not the one having a bad day on sunday.

Hugs all round on sunday:bighug1:

Lima
13-08-10, 22:10
Nah Belle, I think you're fairly safe . . . it's me who's on the wobbler!!!

IF the weather looks good, shall I bring bits for outdoor games in the park?

Lima x

lizzie29
13-08-10, 23:51
Yeah, that sounds good, although you may need to organise a game of I-spy for the unfit likes of Paul and me! Will give it a go as long as you don't expect too much of me :blush: - get the cameras ready people!

diane07
14-08-10, 09:54
I'm looking forward to it :D

weather is probably going to be pants again, talking of pants?? i answered the door yesterday midflow of ironing and put a third iron mark on my shell suit bottoms, but hey we're all friends and i know you won't mention it or even look.

I don't think i'd look so cool in a hat paul, so will bring my baseball cap instead :winks:

Classy Chick Di xx

Lima
14-08-10, 20:28
Am I watching the wrong weather forecasts??? The one I look at says it should be sunny and partly cloudy, with only a 10% chance of rain.

Will put a couple of game bits in my bag, just in case we fancy it!

I'm not exactly the fittest person around, but I LOVE playing games - I'm such a child at heart! And all of you that have 2 working legs have an advantage over me before we even start!

Lima x

diane07
15-08-10, 10:11
:yahoo:see you all later :D

Lima
15-08-10, 11:44
Yep, yep, yep!

Lima x

Lima
15-08-10, 20:57
Thanks for dragging me out everyone. I really enjoyed it. Was nice to just chill out and chat. We have to set a date for the next meet, but make sure I'm back up here first!! He he!

Lima x

belle854
16-08-10, 17:08
Hi Paul

We really missed you on sunday, I know what you mean about the parking, I spent a while trying to find a place to park and I was getting quite cranky as I saw how many people were by the river which made me anxious. Finally I dropped luck and managed to park, Lizzie was good and met me so we could go over the bridge together, I hate heights and crowds and it was starting to get to me but soon settled down.

Hope we are all together for the next one, are meetings are so uplifting a real tonic.

Belle x

lizzie29
16-08-10, 19:51
Was good to see everyone :) Managed to escape unharmed due to Paul's absence - phew! Laughed so much guys, it was great!

Paul - clearly you're into ringing mucky chat lines then, to know how they sound?! And I wouldn't class Joanna Lumley as posh!!!

lizzie29
17-08-10, 22:07
When and where does everyone fancy for the next meetup then?

How about weekend of 11/12 Sept, or 18/19 Sept?

Also, what shall we do? Ideas on a postcard please...! :)

belle854
18-08-10, 17:09
11/12 sept is good for me, im off from the 6th sept for a week so can make either the sat or the sun. As to what to do, I will have a think.

Belle x

lizzie29
19-08-10, 09:04
Hi all

Just to let you know, I've changed my username and am now lizzie29.

Lima
19-08-10, 11:20
Heya,

Lizzie29 . . . any reason for the number 29? I'm a nosey cow!!!

I can do either weekend, but can we avoid the Formula One Grand Prix time (Sunday 11th from 12.10-15.15)? I hate missing the live Grand Prix, cos if I want to watch it afterwards on BBC i-player, some idiot always manages to spoil it by telling me the result before I can watch it. Even random ***** in the street shout out the results or something when I'm around and it really annoys me! I know . . . I'm obsessed with F1 . . . but it's just soooooo exciting!

We did talk about a games day - I think that sounds fun, but I'm a big kid and I love games. We could bring a game each and team up to play??? Especially if we all register as spots or stripes - I think the website explains it all if you haven't heard of it, http://www.spotsvstripes.com/homepage.aspx (I'm a spot already and I think Lizzie has registered too) - it could all get very competitive and could be a good laugh!! I don't mind having it at mine, although my buffets would never match up to Di's!!!

Bowling is a bit tricky for me (can't carry a bowling ball and move at the same time!) but I don't mind watching and cheering on from the sidelines if you all fancy it.

Would love to go to the zoo too, I haven't been for a while and I miss the girryraffeys. It is rather expensive though, prices are around £12-16 for adults and £45-50 for family tickets. Although they do do consessions discounts for people with disabilities and for a carer for the disabled person (who is going to care for me!), but I've never tried that yet!

Looking forward to the next meet already.
Lima x

PPJAYE
19-08-10, 11:53
Hey Everyone !

11th or 12 Sept good with me, had such a giggle at the last meet really looking forward to the next one :)

So Betty what is with no "29" then, is it ure lucky no, ha soz Im nosey too !!

In relation to what we do at the next meet Im easy, really enjoyed perfecting my hand action at the park last time, I hold the Official record now although admittidly I struggled to cope with the hand change ! (bet thats got u thinking - lol!) The zoo or bowling is good with me, I love bowling aint been for ages. Im happy to go with what the majority want to do.

Take care all and look forward to seeing u soon

P xx

Lima
19-08-10, 12:11
Heya,

Apparently, Saturday 10th September is 'International Suicide Prevention Awareness Day'! So perhaps, getting together on that day would be a good way to encourage ourselves and celebrate surviving this far!!!

It is the culmination of a whole week of 'Internation Suicide Prevention Awareness' (4th-10th September 2010) - http://www.chooselife.net/ISPAW/ISPAW.asp

Lima x

lizzie29
19-08-10, 16:09
You nosey lot! 29th is the date of my birthday - not telling which month, so I now expect presents on the 29th of every month - it was just be rude if you missed it!
Seriously though, we should get a list together of all our birthdays so we don't miss them.

I'm happy to do whatever - Paula clearly wants bowling so her wrist gets more action!!! (PS - love the way you said you're easy! Hee hee, I'm such a child!)

So far zoo has been mentioned as quite pricey and bowling isn't good for Lima - is there anything we can think of that is cheaper and suitable for all? Unless we give Lima the kiddy thing at the bowling alley that you push the balls down?! I have to admit, I have tried that out in the past!

Lizzie xxx

FroggyPrince
19-08-10, 21:50
Chester isn't too far from me...maybe I could come along and say hello, if that's okay?

Paul xx

Lima
19-08-10, 22:40
I don't mind where we go either but I'm not as easy as Paula.

I can cheer on at the bowling - I don't mind!!! I hate those ramp things . . . the ball doesn't ever even get to the pins, it rollls soooooo slowly! Maybe we could have a few drinks or a spot of food too?

I would love to go to the Zoo too. I can find some spare cash somewhere for a ticket!!! Especially, if I get to spend a lil time with the girryraffeys!!!

Lima x

Lima
19-08-10, 22:41
Sure Paul!!! We welcome all local peeps. Where abouts are you from?

Lima x

Lima
19-08-10, 23:29
Yup, Paula is the master with her wrist action and hand swapping antics.

Tee hee hee, Paul you devil, 1929 . . . our Lizzie 81!!! At least she's not as old as me - I'm 97!!!

Lima x

FroggyPrince
20-08-10, 08:55
I am in Liverpool Lima :D

Lima
20-08-10, 21:17
Ahhhh cool! I like Liverpool. :) Hmmm another (Froggy) Paul, this could get confuzzling :unsure:!!! Can we call you Froggy Paul . . . or do you have a way we can distinguish you from our other Paul (moldeeside) . . . it's already confuzzling my head (but I'm quite simple!!!)?

Lima x

lizzie29
20-08-10, 21:40
Lima - 10th September is a Friday, Saturday is 11th. Did you mean that Saturday?

Can I suggest then:

Bowling on 11th September at Chester retail park. (can pick you up Lima!)

Paul, we all know you're just jealous because of my youth and beauty! :)

belle854
21-08-10, 08:07
Can I just take this opportunity to say -

IM GONNA KICK YOUR ARSES AT BOWLING :yahoo:

diane07
21-08-10, 09:20
:roflmao:belle xx

belle854
21-08-10, 16:10
Paul your on, let the game begin.

Tip - don't stand behind me when its my turn, had an accident last time played and nearly broke someones foot.

On a serious note, im not feeling too good today, had an endoscopy yesterday with sedation, I felt quite good afterwards which was a surprise as i was dreading it. However not feeling so great today, don't know whether the events of yesterday has caught up with me or its the tablets they have started me on thats not agreeing with me. I have to stay on them for 4 weeks which takes me through our next meetup and also my birthday :weep:. If I don't see an improvement during the next week I will see what my doc says. Don't want it to spoil our next meetup or my birthday.

I need a group hug.:scared15:

Belle x

diane07
21-08-10, 16:12
oh belle you poor thing

these are for you hun :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

hope you feel better real soon

di xx

Lima
21-08-10, 16:15
:bighug1:Aww sorry to hear you aren't feeling up to much Belle hun, take it easy and see how it goes.

LOL to the rest of you!!! What are you all like?!!! Paul (mol) I can't start calling you something else now!!! I'll get REALLY confused!!!

And yes, I did mean the 11th and 12th as the weekend. Look, I've been spending time with my dementia ridden Grandma - I now have no idea whether I am even more mad than I thought (and have completely lost my mind and memory myself) or whether it's her half the time. My brain is fried mush at the moment, so dates are waaaaay out of the equation!

How about possibly going to the bowling around 11.30, having one game, then grabbing some lunch and having a second game afterwards??? It works quite well that way (I used to go with friends at lunchtime during A-Level study leave . . . although that was many years ago!!!) and most bowling places are quieter in the morning. Might be quite good to play and then have lunch and a chat and then a second game. Just an idea!

Lima x

PPJAYE
21-08-10, 17:08
Hey folks

Lol Paul, Lizzy has been leading me astray !!

Belle I hope you feel better soon hun :hugs:xx

Looking forward to bowling then but please be prepared to be thrashed, my bowling talent knows no limits :roflmao:

See u all soon

Pxx

lizzie29
22-08-10, 21:19
Belle - big hugs! I hate even the thought of having something like that done, so well done for getting through it!

Paul - would you want to go home after work and get changed and stuff?

Also, I went bowling at Christmas and it was quite pricey. Just checked and 2 games is £11, which I think is rather a lot! Also, if we do lunch as well, it's getting to be quite high. Also, I sometimes find people are getting bored halfway through the second game! As there will be new people, maybe we should go in the afternoon and just have a game and then a drink afterwards? There are things like pool and air hockey to play too, so we can do them as well.

xxx

diane07
22-08-10, 21:31
Air hockey :D i so love that game!

Going home
22-08-10, 22:42
What was the outcome of the support group? did it start up?

Anna xx

diane07
23-08-10, 10:12
Yes Anna,

We have all met up twice now, we will put the new date up for the one next month, later today.

di x

lizzie29
23-08-10, 11:03
Paul, I wasn't implying that you'd smell lol! Hope you're feeling better today, life is hard but there are good times too!

Di, I love air hockey too, it's brill! I always say I'm not competitive but once I start playing that I definitely am!

Right, what does everyone think - is one game enough and then air hockey and a drink? I'll book a lane you see, so need to know numbers. If there are more than 6 of us then I'll book two lanes and we can 4/5 people on each.

xxx

PPJAYE
23-08-10, 12:01
Hey guys and gals,

Air Hockey - Fab - I rock at that too !!:). Why dont we spice things up a bit and throw a quid in the kitty for the bowling, winner takes all ? i.e you will all be paying me to play a game of bowling :roflmao:!

Oh gawddddddd Mondays suck so much, woke up in a fowl mood this morning - blurgh !! improving as the day progresses though and no doubt will improve dramatically when the clock strikes 5 and Im outta here !!

Hope everyone is ok and look forward to meeting up

P xx

lizzie29
23-08-10, 12:33
Ooh I'm up for the quid in the kitty! Don't be getting your hopes up tho Platinum Paula, although to be fair your wrist action is quite good - although bowling balls are a lot heavier than what you're used to!

I can't be bothered with work today either, had a fab weekend with my sister and kids and wish they hadn't gone. And it's raining, booooo!

PS - can we have the bumpers up? Otherwise I'll just get 0 every time!

xxx

PPJAYE
23-08-10, 13:15
Hee hee, Bring it on Latex Lizzy ! !

Oh God I think my clock in work has stopped, surely it is later than 1.08 ?? !!!!!!!!!

Helppppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I have lost the will to work , who the **** invented a five day working week and two day weekend ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!

P x

lizzie29
23-08-10, 18:42
Ha ha, love the name! Totally invented by Paula tho, no dirty little secrets that you're missing out on Paul!

Right, me, Paul, Paula are def so far... others? x

diane07
23-08-10, 18:52
Right guys,

lizzie is going to create a new thread for the next meet up as this is getting rather large now and will be hard to keep up, so look out for the new one.

di xx

Lima
24-08-10, 20:43
Just wanted to post here that I love air hockey and can actually play standing on one leg (woohoo). I will now go and post on the other thread!!!

Lima x