PDA

View Full Version : Am I scared of my bed??????????

davey
18-06-10, 03:13
ok I have felt pretty much ok tonight, a few palpitations but nothing major, I just went to go to bed and when i got to my room my chest had a crushy feeling and some pains so i came down and now im fine again......would this be some sort of fear of going to bed? any advice on this one because im really tired now?

thanks all

Oh i thought I might add i have had chest pains for years and had all the tests ecg etc & all came back ok.

PokerFace
18-06-10, 03:19
Hii Davey

Do you feel worse when you're trying to get to sleep? You could be scared of what you let run through your mind when you're in bed, I know I am! That's the main reason I get anxious when I'm about to go to bed cuz I start to think, then I start to make it happen.

If you get all the crushing feelings and chest pain again just keep saying over in your head "Is just anxiety" cuz it really is. If you can't shake the feeling you could do what I do and stick on a DVD or just the tele, get in bed and wait til you fall asleep naturally xxx

davey
18-06-10, 03:21
Yes it is worse when i actually try & go to sleep. I do truly wish nobody suffered with anxiety but its so nice knowing your not alone with these problems. Thankyou

heather xx
18-06-10, 07:37
i cant sleep without the telly on atm. I had a massive panic attack last week when i worked late and i done the same shift yesterday and was a bag of nerves thinking finishing work so late (12.30am) and going to sleep was related. The tv has helped me loads and i just drifted off to sleep about 1.30 and was awake a 7 with my daughter.