PDA

View Full Version : Please Help me - Flickering Vision

Meg37
18-06-10, 12:58
Hello

I have posted threads on here before about flickering vision but its got to the point now where I dont really know what else to do and I desperately need anyones help. When Ive been outside and come back inside to a dimly lit room, after a few minutes my vision will begin to flicker in the periphery similar to how it looks when sunlight comes between trees when you are in a car, or how a black and white movie would flicker. It happens worst when I stare at something and it gradually gets worse. If I go to a dark room about 10 minutes later more often than not it has gone. This has got me in a right state and it is now the only thing that consumes my thoughts. I have had a pair of perscription sunglasses made as I am very long sighted. My optician saw me last November and assured me everything looked good, he couldnt see any pressure at the back of my eye etc and said I was suffering from severe eye strain, he suggested I should also get my blood pressure checked which I did and it was perfect. Its been fine for months but I notices it again last week and now I just cant let it go.
Its starting to effect everything I do. I dont want to go out, I spend hours sitting in our halway as I can shut all the doors and create like a dark tunnel where I sit to check to see if my vision will flicker. My husband assures me he has had similar things but never took any notice of it. He says it is just my eyes trying to focus to changes in light conditions but I find it so hard to believe him. It never happens if I wake up in the night or anything like that, just when I have been in daylight.
I really don't know how to cope with this, logically, I dont believe anything sinister is wrong, I think its just my eyes adjusting and part of what normal eyes do, but I spend a lot of time on my own and by the time my husband comes home about 7 im generally in a state of anxiety, on the bed crying. I cant go to the Dr's again, I need to cope with this but I just cant.
Im so sorry for rambling on, I just dont know what to do,

blueangel
18-06-10, 14:50
Hi Meg

I know exactly what you're describing, as I've had it many times before myself. It tends not to bother me unless I've had a migraine attack in the previous few days (as I then become paranoid about getting a cluster of attacks and anything odd in my vision gives me the willies).

It is definitely your eyes adjusting to the light! I used to worry dreadfully about floaters as I thought it meant I was going blind. I'm not. Der. :wacko:

paularonata
01-04-12, 15:04
Have u had Any diognosis as of yet ?xx

xvolatileheart
03-04-12, 23:19
I get this same thing! But it's not just when I've gone from light to dark. Sometimes it just happens for no reason. It's that flicking sensation like a huge shadow covered the light for a split second.

Anxious_gal
04-04-12, 04:07
Google visual snow .

OliviaD
26-08-12, 10:15
Hey, Meg, are you okay with your eyes now? This phenomenon was sure due to eye strain. I know it's hard to believe rational explanations when you're in such a panic, but you have to trust doctors sometimes. :)
It can be annoying when eye doctors seem to dismiss your problems, but the truth is that they're not really worth worrying, despite the crazy things you see, and they know.

Ronno
27-09-12, 20:17
Hi meg . I get this . Don't forget you eyes have so many muscles attached , which can be affected by the body's super fuel adrenalin . Caused by anxiety , muscles any where in the body can twitch when anxious , even your eyes .