PDA

View Full Version : Starting a family fears

joney
12-02-06, 22:36
I just wondered whether anyone had started a family not long after stopping anti-depressants. Im currently on Citalopram 20mg, and have been on them for approx 5 months - although I feel I could probably do with them a bit longer - my husband and I have talked about possibly starting a family end of this year/begining of next. And I just wondered how long you have to leave it to start a family after coming off these pills.....I want to come off them soon as I feel Im putting on too much weight........does anyone have any advice?

sal
12-02-06, 22:40
Hi hun

Come of them when you are ready, you have given yourself plenty of time and thinking about starting a family shows how strong you are and in a better frame of mind. This can only be a positive step forward for you and i wish you the best of luck and look forward to hearing your good news.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Meg
13-02-06, 13:45
You can get referred to a midwife for pre conceptual care and these are the exact sort of questions that they address.

DON'T come off them fast and don't rush it.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
13-02-06, 15:31
I would ask a midwife like Meg says, or perhaps your Gp then you will feel totally reassured.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.