PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Point massage

j2
19-06-10, 01:34
Hi everybody. I hope you are doing well. I have been suffereing for years with HA and close to a year with all over body aches and random joint stiffness. Of course with time, my mind came to the logical conclusion that I have either a horrible nuero disease or cancer. I have been posting and stressing and my mind had gone completely off the deep end. I read about a place in my city that specialized in trigger point massage. I had never had any kind of massage but I was desperate for some relief. I had a one hour trigger point massage earlier today and it really made feel soooo much better. It is not a relaxing massage but it did really work on all my knots. It gave me great reassurance that the therapist could feel all my knots in all my trouble spots and when she worked on them it actually referred pain and then relief to my areas of concern. By know means did this cure my aches and pains but it did give some physical relief and loads of emotional relief. I strongly reccomend this type of massage. Good luck to all of you.

J2

guitarpants
19-06-10, 02:32
It's also called myofascial release. I plan on doing this myself when I can afford it.

janni
19-06-10, 04:36
me too glad it helped you

j2
19-06-10, 18:32
If price is a concern, if you find a massage school you can sometimes find really cheap or free massages. They may not be as good as the expensive ones but they are better than nothing.