PDA

View Full Version : Finally met a doc...

heavymind
13-02-06, 04:12
Hi Folks,
If you have been reading my posts, some might remember, the trouble that I had finding a doc and my bad experience at NIMHAMS bangalore. Finally I managed to meet a doc, who is a friend of my dad. I had a 3 hour session and since my dad had accompanied me, the doc could also ask a few questions to my dad.

My self diagnosis, may pretty correct, but he could say more. he said he could clinically catogorize it as GAD, but also suggested in my case, it really cant be called a disorder, since I am coping with it reasonably well and the symptoms are minimal or there only has been very few occurances. But the suggestions that he said were the most interesting and useful. He also suggested, I might have obssesion and compulsions, but right now he said he could not reach the conclusion.

His analogy of a two sided gun was quite interesting OCD and GAD he was comparing with a two sided gun figting one another, but if the balance is not met, then things can spiral out. It was good to listen to him saying I was fighting with it pretty well and I need not come back to him, unless there are any panics or sleep problems or any other symptoms and suggested to continue my coping plans and that no medication was necessary.

Regards,

Ram

Meg
13-02-06, 13:38
Hi Ram,

Glad to hear you are doing ok and have had reassurance from the doctor.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
13-02-06, 15:18
That's good that you have found a doctor you feel reassured with.

All the best.

Piglet x

Karen
13-02-06, 18:32
Glad you feel reassured Ram.

Karen

"I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you."

nomorepanic
13-02-06, 19:34
Ram

Glad you finally found someone after all the hassle you went through last time.

Hopefully you will get some good advice from him now.

Nicola