PDA

View Full Version : Eye twitch for 2 weeks:(

tashbarnes87
19-06-10, 08:40
Hi all, nearly 2 weeks ago my left eye started twitching it is still going strong. I just googled and prolonged eye twitching can be a neurological thing. Seeing as my biggest fear is MS im really really worried today. Why wont it stop ? x

mumble
19-06-10, 09:08
I had one once for months. Not sure why, never had it checked... it disappeared after time. I believe it was a trapped nerve. There would be other signs if it was MS. Stress and anxiety can also bring on eye twitching.

minnie h
19-06-10, 09:55
i had this for months about 2yrs ago.stil get it every now n then.its just anx/tension dnt worry its fine! X x

MOJO
19-06-10, 10:08
I had this a few years ago for six weeks solid. I finally decided to go to the doctors and guess what? It stopped as soon as I set foot in the waiting room!! I still have it now and then, usually it lasts for a few days. Just anxiety I'm sure and nothing more. Try and stop worrying.
Judy.x

Peter_Scott
19-06-10, 11:01
Eye lid twitching is normally because you are over tired or otherwise run down. EYE TWITCHING is completely different and can indeed be a neurological problem that needs looking at.

Vit B12 should be checked if you have multiple twitching this can become low for no reason, the good news is that it is easy to treat ether with an injection or tablets.

I take B12 daily Methylcobalamin, and this stops any twitching, this type of B12 is safe to take, good luck,

Peter

YvonneBelle
19-06-10, 11:07
Hi tash,

I don't think this is anything to worry about. I've had a twitch in my left eyelid for the last 4 weeks. It sort of goes from side to side and I can see it when looking in the mirror. It's not constant but comes and goes. Lately, it getting less. It starts as if to twitch and then gives up and stops. And the twitching is not as frequent.

My doc reassured me it was a symptom of the stress and depression I'm currently experiencing. I've had extreme lethargy, low mood, emotional and twitchy eye, just for good measure! :winks:

It'll be okay. I think it's pretty common with stress and tiredness.

Yvonne

guitarpants
19-06-10, 16:47
blepharospasm is what it's called. It's very common and very harmless. Caffeine, stress, being tired, anxiety, are all triggers. I've had it on and off for years now.

tashbarnes87
25-06-10, 08:33
this is still happening :( its a very very subtle twitch on my top left eyelid. Im so worried about it. I was very tired last week when i posted but not now :( im so worried its MS :weep:

Humly
25-06-10, 08:55
Hi

Dont worry its nothing. Honestly, I get this all the time, on my eyelids, under my eye, above my eye and its just stress related. I sometimes have this for months on end and it just goes away on its own eventually. Take care.

blueangel
25-06-10, 09:43
Hi, if it's any consolation I get these as well, and can get them for days or weeks at a time. They almost always coincide with me being tired and/or stressed. And I've had them for at least 20 years and I'm still here!! :D

gracesophia
25-06-10, 16:58
Hi tash, Just chiming in to say when my anxiety was really bad last year I had this for a few months. It then developed into tingling on my face, so of course I was worried about MS too, but then it went away and hasn't been back!

Typer
25-06-10, 19:53
I do get them and strangely yesterday and today. Crying a lot brings it on for me and tiredness

Bluebelle
26-06-10, 18:14
I've had this as well.

Eventually I went to my GP and she told me it was caused by extreme exhaustion. So I should get more sleep- great advice to give an insomniac like me !

It goes away if I get better/more sleep and it returns when I am not sleeping enough.

Now when my twitch comes back I don't worry about it at all- before it used to cause me so much anxiety I couldn't function but because my GP says it is nothing I just tell myself "it's nothing" .

I hope your twitch eases up !

rebeccad
28-06-10, 14:55
hi tash not sure when you posted this but not been on here in ages, the thing that actually started off my ms fears was a twitch in my eye lid, i had it for about 2 months and then went to my finger lol, i was so worried but looking back now i realise it was tiredness and even though you say your not tired now your body obviously is your heavily pregnant the heat is unbearable (if your pregnant) im loving it lol. It will go honestly not sure how long but it will. I used to be obsessed my eyeball was actually twitching aswell but obviously it wasnt i even went to the opticians and told him it was, looking back im so embarassed lmao, anyway enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy fb me if you like
xxxx