PDA

View Full Version : Weakness of the legs

MidnightCalm
19-06-10, 15:49
does anybody else get this?
You feel like your legs are just going to give way?
I got it last night whilst out with a friend and had to come home earlier than usual, I was really scared that my legs would stop working, I'm guessing it was nerves, I hardly ever go out any more because of the anxiety and I was out and in a busy place, granted I was pretty drunk but still.
It's a scary feeling.

sketchyboots
19-06-10, 18:20
HI - Yes, i get this weak legged feeling too when I am anxious. I used to avoid doing stuff because of it - even walking to corner shop was an ordeal in my head. I found that forcing myself to get out and walk somewhere was the only way to overcome the fear - once out and walking I was OK. It's the thought that frightens more than anything - the thought of collapsing etc in a public place. The problem is the more you avoid doing stuff the worse it gets...it's a real bummer I know..... I try to not to project my thoughts too much into the future as this can make things worse. Try just living day by day (or even hour by hour!). I hope you feel better soon x

GFHarris
19-06-10, 21:09
I get this too, and also have a fear of 'collapsing' when out, or being too 'weak' too get back to the house/car. I think I associate it with a low blood sugar feeling as well, so always make sure I have eaten before I go out and have a snack on hand just in case!

ann01
19-06-10, 21:45
I get all the time. Mine is like my legs are weak yet stiff and find it difficult to walk, I've had this for months now and it really scares me I even have this in the house too, I now park right outside where I am going ( I've had a few parking tickets, lol ) when I do try to walk sometimes it's like my legs won't work or move, but I have found the more I walk it does ease. I'm not sure if it adrenaline or muscle tension but it's a horrible feeling.