PDA

View Full Version : do you beleive?

randomworry
19-06-10, 20:32
wondered how many people feel health anxiety can be fully overcome?:ohmy:
i dont know how to do a poll thing mijig so you can just post yes or no and why

janni
19-06-10, 22:39
With fibromyalgia (at this point in time...no) Had a multitude of symptoms some very scary and treatment of this disorder is not easy as they haven't found one direct cause. Most treatments are psychiatric medications. I hope in time I will come to accept that I have crossed the line into a life with a chronic condition and begin to live with it, rather than worry that there is something they are missing. Well that's me right now. How about you?

forwells
19-06-10, 23:59
howdy

Yes 100% Its not a matter of recovery , its a matter of fixing what ever you can adn learning to carry on with life with what ever you can .

Many many things can be fixed , you just need to believe in yourself and work on things .

I have had CFS in the past which even though took 3 years to get over i did .

I still have many problems but these are things that are now being orked on .

Your anxiety itself would be causing alot of your health worries and if you work on reducing that then you can handle the rest.

Remember that just about everyone has health problems at one stage , only people with anxiety let it worry them . It is the worry thats the problem .
cheers kev :)

Zee
20-06-10, 12:16
I would say Yes..My first HA 10 years ago lasted 7 months and then nothing more for 10 years. Couple months ago it did start up again but I realised that the trigger for it was exactly the same as 10 years ago..

BKF1515
20-06-10, 12:58
Yes, I am at a much better place than I was three years ago. At times, I think I am almost 100% recovered. But I am much more aware of what my trigger is, which is just piles of stress, so I try to keep it under control. I do love this forum for affirmation as well - if I fall off the wagon I am often able to get back on after posting on here.... :)

margaret jones
20-06-10, 13:18
Yes it can I have had serious bouts of H A on/off for yrs usually associated with a illness that manifesties into a serious illness in my head .

The strange thing is I have survived them all, and now my latest H A is about Heart I had a Pacemaker fitted 18 mnths ago due to a slow heart rate so obviously this set off H A big time , but due to counselling and NMP i am getting there and trying to accept things that I can not change and you lovely people have made that possible fingers xx the next health prob will not send me into overdrive xx

Take Care Maggie sorry i seem to have ranted a bit xxxxx

Vixxy
20-06-10, 14:01
I used to have pretty severe HA, but now its dropped down to a managable level. It really doesnt bother me anymore.

Wolfie
20-06-10, 14:25
Yes. I used to have really bad HA when i was younger. I don't have many HA issues anymore :) xxx

janni
20-06-10, 18:39
I''m only one who said no! but Forwells seems to have the right attitude i just got to reach there :ohmy: