PDA

View Full Version : Bad Dreams

Jenny
13-02-06, 19:05
Hello everyone,
As some of you know I am gradually coming off Lustral which I have been taking for about 2 years. I have gone from 100mgs to 50mgs, and now I am breaking them in half. So far I haven't had any problems. I am managing to cope quite well. The only thing is I have been having bad dreams most nights. I wondered if anyone else had these symptoms whilst coming off any meds. They aren't nightmares as such, just a bit unpleasant.

Best wishes
Jenny xxxxx

Piglet
13-02-06, 21:29
Jenny the funny thing is I remember the only symptom I had when I came off my Prozac was bad nightmares but it did pass.

I actually wonder now though whether I was just anxious in general again, cos I still get episodes of this even now.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Jenny
14-02-06, 10:15
Thanks for that Piglet. I suppose lots of these symptoms are 'par for
the course' with anxiety. It would be easy to up the meds again, but I am determined not to do that. I want to live a better life without them. Through diet, Yoga and natural supplements.

Thanks again
Jenny xxxxxxxx

Yvonne
14-02-06, 19:26
Jenny

I think vivid or bad dreams are part and parcel when withdrawing from a medication and when first going on a new medication.

It will pass so don't worry.
Yvonne

Y Goble

Tomimo
15-02-06, 22:01
I get very 'real' dreams since I have started taking prozac. I think meds can cause dream/sleep problems when being introduced or decreased.

I hope they pass soon.

Annie x