PDA

View Full Version : Worried about health alot

phil06
20-06-10, 22:11
I am in a battle where I can't convince myself I "just have anxiety". My symptoms the last few weeks have been:

*Weak, worried when I stand up I will die as I feel funny. Sometime's I feel weak when I am standing but maybe a anxiety related thing as I've been googling all sorts.

*Jittery heartbeat sometimes fast.

*Headache: At one side of my head feels like it's being squeezed or my ear has popped (not sure could be tension or a cold can't decide). I can feel like the vein sometimes at the side and sometimes feel numb ect.. in different parts of my body though. My head is still sore and has been for a about 2 days..

*Quite bad panic attacks, insomniac nights, sometimes struggling to eat.

*Had some of these symptoms weeks on end and not felt better so worried I have some issue with my health got the doctors in a week or so but it's mainly to ask for more therapy.

*Housebound the last few weeks but can manage only work ect..still get anxious at work but kind of battle on. In the house I'm worse..can panic, worry all day long. Since I had a depersonalization feeling weeks ago after a stressful period I've only got worse.

I can't get to the bottom of these symptoms. Certainly I'm quite bad with panic and more physical symptoms. I was stressed and down 8/10 weeks ago. That's when I just could not cope with these sensations trying everything to stop them. Just can't be 100% sure it's anxiety as there's always that niggling voice saying maybe i'm a rare case. I've worried about all different things health wise. I'm hoping it will pass not sure how much of it is maybe a nerve thing triggered, maybe chronic anxiety? Some symptoms cause extreme fear like a headache, depersonalization.

Anybody any advice? :blush: Not sure anybody can convince me it's not anxiety but interesting to hear about anybody's experience with nerves, panic, health anxiety and how bad "phantom symptoms" can be..or if they were not suffering anxiety?

doodah
21-06-10, 00:10
Hiya Phil06,

I quite often get myself into a vicious circle of anxiety, which causes physical symptoms, which leads to more anxiety and so on and so on!! Having been a sufferer of anxiety/agoraphobia for far too many years I know firsthand that the physical symptoms I get are VERY real but are anxiety-induced. Trouble is, over the years I haven't trusted this diagnosis and have ended up with a sort of health anxiety - grrr!

I have a whole host of symptoms ranging from mild to chronic panic attacks, numbness, upset stomach, extreme limb weakness - all due to the anxiety.

My only advice would be to see your doctor, as planned, and see if they can offer you some advice/therapy.

Wendy :-)

janni
21-06-10, 01:06
doodah is right phil...anxiety...symptom...anxiety loop, practice your breathing hun its one way we can calm down the nervous system where the symptoms start youll get through this .... stay strong

phil06
25-06-10, 12:11
I spent most of last night on google and it has got me really worried and I have been going through all my symptoms again thinking it's worse...

*I had shakes a few weeks back so I am sure it was a fit but others say it was not. It's since stopped.

*I had headaches so that's worried me.

*I've been avoiding shops and going out..(terrified it's a personality change?)

*Had dull vision so really worried about that..had numbness but that's since passed but still worried...

I feel awful today... :lac: