PDA

View Full Version : Employee Assistance - use or not?

YvonneBelle
20-06-10, 23:20
I have been offered six counselling sessions via EA but my worry is that I'm thinking of leaving this particular employment. My doc would rather I made this type of decision when I'm feeling better but I can't help but think that feeling better will only confirm my thinking in that this job just isn't right for me and has partly contributed to this current bout of depression.

I've had one session already and found it good but I'm now worried about taking more sessions if I then decide to leave the job. It doesn't seem right to accept help and then leave the job. NHS is the alternative option.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Veronica H
21-06-10, 07:45
:bighug1:you may change your mind about leaving later. The inability to make decisions is a a symptom of the illness. One minute we are firm in our decisions and the next we can not imagine why we thought that way. I think you should carry on.:flowers:

Veronicax

andrew
21-06-10, 08:26
Hi YvonneBelle,

Take the counselling that is on offer especially if you thought it was good. Im not sure there is any benefit debating whether its right or wrong. Why not make it about, whats in your best interests.

Good luck with this, take care.

YvonneBelle
21-06-10, 19:51
:bighug1:you may change your mind about leaving later. The inability to make decisions is a a symptom of the illness. One minute we are firm in our decisions and the next we can not imagine why we thought that way. I think you should carry on.:flowers:

VeronicaxThanks Veronica. My doc is of the same opinion. She told me today: (we) are not ready for decisions yet. Take the counselling. That's what it's there for. Feel better. :)

YvonneBelle
21-06-10, 19:57
Hi YvonneBelle,

Take the counselling that is on offer especially if you thought it was good. Im not sure there is any benefit debating whether its right or wrong. Why not make it about, whats in your best interests.

Good luck with this, take care.Hi Andrew. That's a great point actually. My doc even thought I was over-analysing this. Indecision is indeed a problem at the moment. Tea or coffee? Ummmmmmm :unsure:

:D