PDA

View Full Version : feeling hot constantly

jacki
21-06-10, 00:12
hi,
the last couple of month i have been feeling hot constantly, not sweating ( but a dont really sweat) but just the feeling got to the stage were a have been wearing as little as possible
am 42 wondering if ma age has anything to do with it?
not particulary worried ................ but getting anxious :)

anyone else get this

Going home
21-06-10, 00:24
Well you're still young for the menopause proper, but believe it or not, hot flushes can happen up to 10 years before the periods stop altogether...its called the peri-menopause and hot flushes are normally the first sign. I'm like you, ive never had the problem of sweating throughout my life, not even in my teens so my hot flushes come without the sweat fortunately..but I can still wake up at 5am feeling really hot and have to throw off the covers. This was one of the first symptoms around age 44, and has been one of the last and i'm now 56, my periods stopped when i was 50. Have a chat to either your doctor or one of the practice nurses about it.

Anna xxx

doodah
21-06-10, 09:58
jacki, I'm exactly the same as Anna. Mine started in my mid 40s (I'm 56 now) - I have never sweated but have had the flushes. The doctor told me I was perimenopause when I was about 48 - thankfully, the flushes have stopped now (touch wood!!).

I agree with Anna - have a word with your doctor or practice nurse - I'm sure it will put your mind at rest.

Wendy :hugs:

gina p
21-06-10, 10:52
I agree that it could be the perimenopause as well . I think they can do a blood test to check hormone levels ?? I get hot flushes but only at that time of the month - even though i'm on the pill . I've noticed a pattern so I didn't worry about it ( now that's a first eh? - body symptom - not panicking - lol )