PDA

View Full Version : Lump in inside jaw below gum near cheek

flumpkin
21-06-10, 07:29
Good morning
can't believe I am back again as have been doing so well :(
I found a small pea sized movable lump below my gum in the bottom of my jaw near where it joins to cheek if that makes sense. I am so scared that it is mouth cancer. it moves under my finger and does not hurt. I am convinced as we drink a couple of glasses of wine most evenings - I know I am stupid! I know I should get it checked but am terified it will confirm my worst fear. Sat at my desk trying not to cry. has any one experienced this? I judst Want it to go away .... Love flumpkin x

bexy1970
21-06-10, 09:00
hiya, ive got loads of little moveable lumps there!! think most people have hunni xx ull prop find a few too xx

John_Daryl
21-06-10, 11:15
iv got them too

louise123_uk
21-06-10, 11:21
Hi

I posted a few days ago saying I could feel several small moveable lumps. One in my jaw just on my face, a couple in my neck on top of my windpipe and one on side of my head near hairline: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76712 Does this sound like what you have?

People replied to my thread saying they had them too and was unlikely to be much. im sure ive had them quite a while as well. You cant see them above the skin just feel them moving under the skin with your finger. I called them air bubbles but they may not be this was just a guess.

Belfry1973
21-06-10, 11:50
lol, after checking I've got a few as well, I've very recently had oral surgery as well, and I'm sure if it was anything the surgeon or dentist thought was a problem they'd have said something.

flumpkin
21-06-10, 21:42
Thanks everyone for the reassurance... I hate this HA... as soon as I spot something like this I go into panic mode. I drive my family mad. It is great to have a place to come to where I can post my fears and anxieties. :hugs:

Good to know that I am not the only one with this HA and great I am not the only one with this 'air bubble' :D

Will try and ignore. I do go to dentist regularly and he has not noticed anything. Might just mention at my next checkup

xxx

LisaLisa
23-06-10, 13:48
Hey maybe they are glands? We have glands in our cheeks on top of the salivary glands infornt of ourears and also in our actuall cheeks

I have one in my cheek, it freaks me out....no surprise there then!!

Lisa
xxxxx

louise123_uk
23-06-10, 14:44
Mine def arent glands as they are actually on top of my windpipe not at the sides, and the two on my face are on my chin to the side and level with my eye on my face. Im sure they have been there a while though and tumours and things like tht grow so it couldnt really be that. My doc just rolled her eyes at me (im getting used to this).