PDA

View Full Version : Burping!

Vixxy
21-06-10, 11:01
As it says in the title, this is about burping! Or excessive belching!:blush:
I just cant seem to stop. Theyre very uncomfortable giving me a bloated stomach. I have to sit up straight to allow it to come out and when it does its very forceful.
I know these arent normal burps because Ive never had anything like this in the past. Its been going on for about 6 months now.
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for alleviating this?

panicdiva
22-06-10, 23:59
I wish I did have the answer ..... I often burp & it drives me crazy too!!! I hope someone has the answer.

pinkpiglet
23-06-10, 05:07
Hi have the exact same problem for quite some time now (probably over a year) and it just seems to get worse. It comes after eating sometimes and also out of the blue. Lately I have also noticed that my abdomen (especially upper) is extremely swollen and looks as if i am pregnant. I have been trying to play the problem down but think that its now maybe time to go get it checked out by my gp. I am hoping that it is simply down to irritation of certain food types like wheat or something as this seems quite likely. I also eat fast and take in too much air so this could be another reason that I have considered.

Vixxy
23-06-10, 09:39
Mine start from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. I bet I burp in my sleep too lol. So I dont think its food based for me. I must be swalowing air, but how do you stop that?

JoRo
23-06-10, 09:49
I suffer to with burping but also have IBS - it could be connected to that I suppose.
JoRo

KAREN L
23-06-10, 11:05
I have been suffering with this for over a year now. Have been to the doctors as i did my usual, Googled my symptoms and scared myself so thought i'd better get checked out. Doc prescribed 2 types of tablets one 2 reduce stomach acid (omeprazole - i think it was called) and another med called domperidone which i havn't taken yet! I'm due to go back and see him next week but scared to take the other tablets.:(
But i am so fed up with feeling like this maybe i should just take them.

Does anyone get dizzy symptoms with this excessive belching 2?

x

Vixxy
23-06-10, 15:53
I was prescribed lansoprazole, is it that med you take? I neve took it as I was scared of the side effects ><
The domperidone I took years ago and found it really helpful for the nausea and heaving I used to get. Theyve not given them to me this time though.
I do get dizzy spells, but not at the same time as burping.

pinkpiglet
27-06-10, 06:13
Yeah I too get this burping pretty much all day long, every day. I still havent been to see my gp although i know i should. I am also a dizzy sufferer but i would not tie the two symptoms together. I'm just sick of everything now!! I want to be healthy and symptom free x