PDA

View Full Version : Bloodtest...

IndianStar
21-06-10, 11:06
Hi guys, i have to go do a bloodtest at hospital asap, its a fasting one so i havent eaten anything since midnight and its now 11am!! i need to go but i jus feel like i cant be bothered and slightly anxious, i need to go as the doctors need to rule out that any other illnesses (namely thyroid) is not affecting my problems. please give me a push to go please. i actually feel like crying. i remember the days when going somewhere like hospital never affected me :( xxxx

Zee
21-06-10, 11:10
I went through the same thing about 8 weeks ago.. I was so reluctant as hadnt had any blood tests for 10 years.. I had FBC, kidney @ liver function, Sugar ,thyroid and cholesterol.. I panicked for days :ohmy:and then the results were excellent.
I know how daunting it is but you really should go, im sure all will be well.

IndianStar
21-06-10, 11:16
i have to get my blood taken for sugar, blood count, thyroid and something else which i cant even spell lol.
im not really panicking how i usually would, its more like there in the back of my mind.
im scared of needles as it is, im more worried about how busy the hospital will be and havin a panic attack whilst waiting :(

Vixxy
21-06-10, 11:28
Can you not ask to have the test at your GP surgery? The nurse in my surgery will do it for me as they know I worry too much XD

Kerry B
21-06-10, 11:29
I am always scared when I have blood tests, not at having the blood test its self but the results, I had an hospital appointment last wednesday, which I cancelled and re scheduled until the end of the month. But if you have be fasting its best to go as you shouldnt be there long, I wouldnt of thought, is it the results you are scared of? X

IndianStar
22-06-10, 01:35
im scared of the amount of people in the actual waiting room.

i didnt go and instead booked at my doctors for 9am as the surgery open at 8:45 i think, i will be the first in :D hopefully and ill be so tired that i dont even really notice whats going on :D