PDA

View Full Version : One for the ladies, discharge question

Lissy43
21-06-10, 12:10
I am on the pill, I used to get normal discharge throughout the month and was never concerned by it but since my D&C last December I get a little nervous about things going on down there:blush:

I have been getting a yellowish discharge for the last few days, I only started my pill again Saturday after the 7 day break so wasnt too concerned but im still getting it now.

It isn't all day, just seems ot be a blob (sorry) of it in the mornings really, my panyty liners all day are pretty clear. Just now I had a blob of it and it was a slightly darker yellow. I have no smell down there, the discharge smells fine, no pain or fever. Can I be rest assured this is just normal? is coloured discharge ok unless it is say green and offensive to smell?

I seem to get abit anxious about goings on down there since the heavy periods I experienced after my op:blush:

Vixxy
21-06-10, 12:49
Its probably your body cleaning out any excess blood from your period. Mine changes colour, amount and thickness throughout the month.

mumble
21-06-10, 12:58
Hormones can do a lot of weird and different things. Don't worry at all about the things you're experiencing. I've had this in the past - similar to spotting.

Lissy43
21-06-10, 12:58
So yellow isn't necessarily a concern?

I read up on Patient website and it said yellow can mean infection but it listed STDs which I know for sure I don't have and then just 2 other infections, one being thrush and the other which causes a very smelly odour, so I guess it must be normal?

Lissy43
21-06-10, 12:59
Thank you.

It came out as like a blob of discharge, it was very yellow. As I said above, I don't seem to match any of the symptoms of vaginal infections on the patient uk site.

Thanks Mumble.

pollyanna
21-06-10, 13:18
i think it sounds perfectly normal, as long as there is no offensive odour , pain, or fever, it all sounds fine, as everyone else has said, during your cycle things can change in consistency and colour, and as long as there is none of the above its fine.

P x

Lissy43
21-06-10, 21:00
Thank you.

I have recently started the pill, maybe my body is just still settling down, plus I just took 2 packets together on dr's advice.

You have all reassured me about it so thanks. Good to know im not alone.