PDA

View Full Version : Yoga for our illness???

Ronster
21-06-10, 20:28
Hi Gang,

I have been reading a bit about how Yoga can help us relax, take away tension, anxiety, depression etc.

Has anyone tried it and has it worked for anyone???

Desperately need to get past this stage of life, tired of it's effect on my soul.

Ron

mumble
21-06-10, 20:30
Yoga helps a lot. It's certainly calming and exercise of any sort helps. Harder exercise relieves tension and releases endorphins.

I do yoga and find it helps calm as well as help IBS.

pd
21-06-10, 20:32
I started doing yoga after spending almost a year pysching myself up to go to a class. Brilliant and not scary at all. Feel very chilled afterwards. I go almost every week now.

happycamper
21-06-10, 20:37
I think yoga is excellent, doesn't solve everything but really helps you develop a mindset to understand relaxation and meditation, although takes some practice, as well as the excercise aspect of course.
My yoga teacher gives a real positive vibe and i always come out feeling better.

Kerry B
21-06-10, 20:37
Have you tried Reiki thats good, only had 3 sessions but its helped me. Even though I only stay positive for a couple of days and then back to my normally panicky self, but 2 days its bliss.

YvonneBelle
21-06-10, 20:41
Hi Ron,

I like yoga and can see how the controlled breath and focus on the body (and balance) might be of great benefit. Like swimming, I think yoga is a fairly good all-rounder.

I don't practice at the moment as I found it can be quite expensive and my yoga teacher wanted us to pay for blocks of sessions rather than pay-as-you-go. Saying that, I do have a couple of DVDs I could follow, so no excuse really. :whistles:

I'm not an expert, but my intial reaction to your question was a definate :yesyes:

jaded jean
21-06-10, 21:04
I started yoga last week. very good and very relaxing I believe its Theta? yoga
Jean

natalier
21-06-10, 22:29
I do yoga weekly and it is really good, I sleep longer when I do it and I don't feel panicked thoughts which is good :D I have also got some relaxation cds and hypnotheraphy cds from the library which also relaxes you and i find them great!!!!