PDA

View Full Version : Turn your face to the sunshine today.

jollywalrus
23-02-04, 10:49
Good morning to you all. I just wanted to let you know that if you really try to work with all your symptoms, they do start to become less important. I have gathered so much help from this site and I now have an "inner voice" in the very pit of my tummy that says "I can and I will". For two weeks I have done this, with raging symptoms and they have truly got better. They haven't gone yet,(bit of a panic in the shops just now) but I don't need them to, because they are beginning to frighten me less. A couple of new symptoms have shown themselves, but they cannot hurt me if I try to work with them. It takes a lot I know, but turn you face to the sunshine today and really try to accept, and I hope with all my heart, it happens for you too. What a help you all are to me. Thank you.
Christine

mico
23-02-04, 12:25
Hi Christne

I liked the title for your post. Many days I wake up feeling anxious, not wanting to deal with the day ahead, then I think "I'm not going to go through the entire day thinking/feeling like this", so I look at the sunshine(if there is any!) and try my hardest to pick myself up, and I always feel better for it.

You sound like your doing well Christine, very positive, keep it up. You seem to have gained some confidence over your anxiety too, it's a great lift once you relise that you do have some power over your feelings.

mico

diana
23-02-04, 14:38
Hiya Christine,

Good for you :), you are sounding very positive. It seems that you have gained a new lease on life. Your post is very empowering, I like it alot. It gives me a very positive outlook on this thing too. Thanks for your post and the light you have spread with it. Keep up the positive outlook, you are doing grand, and I am glad that this site too has helped you as it has helped sooooo many others, myself included. Great coping with the bit of panic in the shops!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

Meg
23-02-04, 18:32
Good for you Christine. You're well on your way now.

Accept that you will have the odd step back and then several more forward ..

I think this should go into 'sucesses' I'l try to move it !

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

jollywalrus
24-02-04, 11:42
Thank you Meg, for moving my topic to success stories, it gave me another boost! Just been for another walk in the sunshine again today.
Thinking of you all.
Christine x

diana
25-02-04, 01:39
Good for you Christine,

Keep up the GREAT work.

"Keep your face to the sunshine"!!!!!!! We are all thinking of you too.

Take care dear,

Diana xxxx