PDA

View Full Version : Metallic/Funny taste in mouth

SamanthaAU
22-06-10, 13:36
I have had this for a week or so - I am to scared to google. Does this mean something bad?

wendy28
22-06-10, 14:38
hi sam ive had this 3 times before always when i was pregnant?sorry if not much help.

Danath
22-06-10, 14:42
some meds can do it I think, I know zopiclone can, at least when ive taken it before.

SamanthaAU
22-06-10, 14:57
Sorry - I should have said definitely not pregnant (and I have had this when pregnant with my 3) and NO meds either.

Hence why I am worried :unsure:

gypsywomen
22-06-10, 15:00
acid from your tum does cause this

heather xx
22-06-10, 15:18
have you slept with your mouth open? i sometimes get a funny taste in my mouth after ive had my mouth wide open for all the spiders to get in arrggghh another fear of mine but we wont go there lol.
Other than that the only time i got it was when i was pregnant

SamanthaAU
22-06-10, 15:20
have you slept with your mouth open? i sometimes get a funny taste in my mouth after ive had my mouth wide open for all the spiders to get in arrggghh another fear of mine but we wont go there lol.
Other than that the only time i got it was when i was pregnant

I don't know because I have been asleep:roflmao:

Sorry - on a serious note, no I don't think so. Its been like this on and off for the last week or so?

Hopefully it is all just like Gypsy woman said - but I cán't help but convince myself it is because I am dying from something :(

janni
22-06-10, 15:46
Seems to be a common symptom in anxiety sufferers, I know a few of the girls here and myself have had this tast.

heather xx
22-06-10, 23:59
i only know when i sleep with my mouth open becasue its so dry! lol good one though ;)
Your not dying of somthing hun but if your worried go see your gp :)

Girl_Interrupted
23-06-10, 14:21
Hi there, have you eaten any pine nuts recently, I have had this metallic taste in my mouth and found out it was to do with eating them. Can last for days up to weeks. I had mine for about a week or so. It was weird but went away, I've not had pine nuts since!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1184261/Pine-mouth-puzzle-Why-nuts-leave-bitter-taste.html

Ronny
23-06-10, 23:21
Howdy Sammi,I have had this to,My quack said it was acids in my gut,I suffer bloody awfull reflux and take Somac for it,I feel like I have licked the bottom of a cocky cage..lol.Take Care.
Rhonda x:flowers:

nomorepanic
23-06-10, 23:42
This is from the website symptoms page:

Lack of appetite or taste, a tinny, metallic or ammonia smell or taste

What you feel:

Sometimes you just don't feel like eating, or the thought of food is unappealing. Or, that even though you are eating, the food has no taste or is unsatisfying.
You have a persistent 'tinny', 'metallic' or 'ammonia' smell in your nose, or you taste it often and it's not from your food or environment. Often it's just there, but you can't figure out why
What causes this:

Similar to the other stomach related symptoms, loss of appetite is a result of an upset stomach due to the sustained increase in digestive action. Loss of taste occurs because taste buds are nerves, and an over stimulated nervous system can send false signals to the brain which means that sometimes we can experience odd, dulled or incorrect sensory perceptions (since our receptive senses are controlled and interpreted by the nervous system). The loss of taste because of this miscommunication or misinterpretation by the over stimulated nervous does occur. This is another example of how we can receive incorrect or inaccurate sensory perceptions because of an over stimulated nervous system.
The only remedy for this symptom is rest so that the nervous system can regainits health.

SamanthaAU
24-06-10, 14:26
Thanks everyone - hoping its just reflux etc. Felt a bit of heartburn last night and a little refluxy.

Thanks for that info Nicola - I didn't even realise that it could be a symptom and didn't think to check there :)