PDA

View Full Version : How long before weight goes back on ?

Zee
22-06-10, 20:45
Due to HA I havent been eating properly since April... Ive started to eat a little better past couple days.. Instead of my usual 950 cals ive managed around 1400.. I weighed myself this morning and I havent gained any weight yet.. how long does it take to see a weight increase when you start to up the calories ?

robinhoods123
28-06-10, 07:00
Well, Eat a diet that is low in calories and fat.Eat a healthy breakfast, such as high-fiber cereal and fruit, every day of the week.Monitor your weight on a regular basis. Weigh in daily or at least one day a week.Maintain a consistent eating pattern: Eat the same way on weekdays and weekends, holidays and vacations.

blueangel
28-06-10, 08:58
The other thing I'd suggest is eating things that appeal to you - in the UK we have a saying which is "a little of what you fancy does you good". Sometimes we want the foods that we need because of their vitamin and/or mineral content, such as I find I want more protein around the time that I have my period.

It doesn't seem to work with chocolate though!! :D

Vixxy
28-06-10, 09:48
Hi Zee. I put on weight for the first time since xmas this week! Im feeling pretty good and I think its all due to this new site Im using to track my calories. Its meant to be used for weight loss, but can work the other way too. Itll tell you how many calories you need to aim for a day and how much weight gain/loss you should have got in a day. Really is useful.
http://www.foodfocus.co.uk/registerprompt.php
Its free.

Zee
28-06-10, 10:52
Thanks for the link vixxy, will take a look in a minute. I have increased my intake a little now and weight seems to have stabilised. Not losing , not putting on, but I think that can happen.. Just wish I could reach in the cupboard and eat anything I want to but have had to stop the wheat.