PDA

View Full Version : Good week for LK

lilac kitten
14-02-06, 09:03
I've been away for a while so many of you may not remember me. However, I get panic and anxiety especially when driving (motorways, major A roads), scared of fainting, scared of throwing up (especially when exercising) and worry about anything and everything.

However, just before Christmas I was referred to the new psychologist at the surgery and have been given several challenges to try and a timescales in which to do them. At first I hated him and was scared but in the last week I've:-

Travelled the A33 to Reading and back with no attack (twice) and will be doing it again tomorrow for work.

Done two junctions on the M3 from Hook to Basingstoke jct 7 with no attack (one way). And the M3 Jct 6 to 5 ON MY OWN last Friday lunchtime. Scary but I did it (then got home and had a huge cream donut and cuppa to celebrate) when I finally had stopped shaking.

Got through my pole fitness class without major panic and received a certificate for being the best on the day.

Did the Hogs Back to Goldalming to get to pole class and back.

And last night took my son to Karate and stayed on after for the adults class. Its very diciplined so you cant keep sipping water (nightmare), but I did it. And how good do I feel today.

What a week. Have I turned a corner or is it a one off. Hope I turned a corner.

I wanted to post this success because I think we need some positives in life. Similarly I will probably still get panic and anxiety it wont go overnight, but I hope that my success in one week will encourage at least one person to do at least one thing this week they wouldn't normally. Panic and anxiety is so disabling and unless you suffer, no one understands. I know I need encouragement and praise, and I think others do too to boost confidence in themselves.

Good luck and hope to post again soon.

LK
x

tracyp584
14-02-06, 09:54
Hey LK,

That is fantastic news! WELL DONE! I think you have definately turned a corner, and long may it continue!

Keep it up!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

trac67
14-02-06, 10:30
Hi LK,

What a lovely positive post, well done on all the hard work.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

feege
14-02-06, 11:15
Thanks LK

Every positive post like that gives us all such a lift!! You have done amazingly well... keep it up!

:D:D:D

fee
xx

Barb
14-02-06, 12:02
Wow LK

What a brilliant week, well done to you, it must have took a lot of courage, keep going girl.

Luv Barb xxx

Karen
14-02-06, 19:07
Well done LK. Great progress.

Karen

"I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you."

nomorepanic
14-02-06, 21:12
LK

Of course I remember you and thanks for taking the time to come back and post.

Wow look at how well you are doing - so fab! I am really chuffed for you - you are doing so much more now.

Doesn't it feel good eh?

Nicola

Tomimo
15-02-06, 21:52
Well done!!!

You are doing fabulously!

Annie x

Sue K with 5
16-02-06, 11:30
Hi ya

Oh thats brilliant ! Well done you especially where the exercise is concerned, thats going to be my next project giving up smoking and joining kick boxing.

You are doing so well

Good luck

Sue with 5

scknight

lilac kitten
16-02-06, 19:38
Thanks for your support it means a lot. I have to admit I'm guilty of not being on this site as much as I should to try to support and sympathise, but with working full time and keeping two kids amused the rest of it I struggle to find time. However, I do think this site is a lifeline for some and hope that everybody can find some comfort from someone and gradually start to worry less.

Susan, I gave up smoking in 2002 at the age of 34 after 20 years. My son kept complaining I was spending too much time outside smoking and not enough indoors playing with him, I just stubbed out that cigarette and the rest is history. Its the best thing I've ever done. And remember exercise doesn't have to be the gym or fitness classes, I do swimming (more in the summer), walking (mainly to school and back), Karate (just started so we'll see how long that lasts), and the best thing of all has been my pole fitness class. So do something that you really enjoy that makes you feel good about yourself.

My only vice is half a bottle of wine in the evenings, but everybody needs to have some pleasures!!!!!

Good luck with your quest on giving up, it took me several attempts, but I got there.

Ruth
x

bobsy
17-02-06, 08:28
well done lilac kitten you have done so many things this week a corner has been turned. go for it girl i'm rooting for you.

take care

bobsy