PDA

View Full Version : omeprazole worry

wotcanisay
22-06-10, 22:36
i been taken omeprazole for stomach up set
this has all clam down but i keep getting indigestion on/off what is worrying me

any one had something like this?

LisaLisa
23-06-10, 13:36
Hiya

I had this too. I took omeprazole for a while and my reflux initially calmes down but then out of the blue occasionally I would get horrible bouts of really bad acid/ relux indigestion. I had a little google....i know stupid.... and i read that omeprazole lowers your stomach acid completely and sometimes this hampers digestion of protein and makes it slower than the digestion of the rest of your meal. Because of this the lower and upper sphincters or bands of muscle that keep the food in place and then open to allow it to move on , get out of sync so that the lower digestive system is working at the same time as the upper and it causes the stomach acid to rise up in waves caused by the motions of the lower digestive system and with the bands of muscle open at the wrong time.....IT HURTS!!

Now dont quote me cos im no dr but it seemed to make sense to me. I stoped taking omeprazole and i have never had this horrible thing again.

Lisa
xxxxx