PDA

View Full Version : back problems

lorraine
23-06-10, 12:04
hi

has anybody suffered with sciatica. my back aches on the top of my bum and on the cheek of my bum. Now and again a get a sort of tingling that goes down the back of my leg or the outer side of my leg and if i changed positions or move it goes off. I am not going to google this as i know its going to say something about ms.

thanks

lorraine

lorraine
23-06-10, 12:23
hi

anybody had anything like this!!!!!!!

lorraine

CATS2
23-06-10, 15:55
Me. I've had it (and worse) lots and lots. With me it is always to do with slipped discs. I've slipped discs so many times, I've lost count.

It sounds like the sciatic nerve is having pressure exerted on it. Doctors will give you pain pills and possible muscle relaxants.

I've found physiotherapy hopeless.

My best relief is from seeing an Osteopath, and doing the exercises needed to keep things from seizing up.

Get help. With help, it does get better.

All the best, CATS2.

lorraine
23-06-10, 20:38
hi

thankyou for your reply. Made me feel better. It was just the tingling that worried me a bit.

thanks

lorraine

Ddcoo
24-06-10, 15:38
Hi Lorraine, I've had sciatica a few times and the pain goes from my bum, down my leg and tingling is because of the nerve being compressed,don't worry, it will gradually improve.

sjr1969
25-06-10, 22:28
ive had this too x

sarah x

jackadams
30-06-10, 06:46
Back pain is one of humanity's most frequent complaints. Acute low back pain is the fifth most common reason for physician visits. About nine out of ten adults experience back pain at some point in their life, and five out of ten working adults have back pain every year.