PDA

View Full Version : Gland up in neck

Lissy43
23-06-10, 20:38
I always have a smallish gland in my neck, since I was a child. Occasionally it has come up, but not for a very long time. Tonight I noticed it is sore and raised slightly more than usual. My husband says sore is fine, it's a good sign if it's sore, ie nothing more sinister, is he right?:blush:

All day today my throat has felt thick and my nose, but put that down to this heat/pollen so wasn't worried about that but now im wondering if I am coming down with something. I was around my friend last week, she had a cough/cold but we were sat outside mostly so thought hopefully I'd avoid it. I don't feel ill at all, but now with this gland up I am wondering if I am going to come down with her virus now, and when I get coughs they go on my chest:mad: I was in contact with her 6 days ago.

Just feeling rather low tonight now:blush:

Vixxy
23-06-10, 22:10
If the gland is up then its fighting some kind of infection somewhere. That doesnt mean youre going to be really ill or get a cold. Hayfever or anything like that can also get the glands swollen.
If it does turn into a cold, make sure to blow your nose often and cough up any mucus that makes its way down to your lungs. This has stopped me getting a chest infection/chesty cough for years! and i was always prone to them :)

Lissy43
23-06-10, 22:32
Thanks Vixxy.

I had bronchitis 3yrs ago in the summer and ever since then I worry about getting coughs.

I have had slight hayfever, causing a very dry nose and throat, so hopfully it is just that. I also get very bad spots at the moment on my chest and face, grrrr! I wonder if that could also cause it to raise.

I shall try to relax. I guess if I feel no worse tomorrow then hopefully I am not unwell.