PDA

View Full Version : My sister's breast cancer is Stage 5

kellynwv
14-02-06, 14:24
My sister found out she had breast cancer in September about two weeks after I got married.

She is not just my sister but my mother..she raised me through my teen years.

She found out yesterday they can not get ride of all the cells and she will have to be treated for the rest of her life. It is in her liver right now. Her blood pressure will not come down she might have a heart attack or stroke at anytime.

I just needed to vent..thanks

Ammeg
14-02-06, 14:26
I am so sorry!!! If you need to chat anymore please feel free!!!!
Ammegx

Piglet
14-02-06, 15:08
Thinking about you.

Love Piglet xx

trac67
14-02-06, 15:16
Hi kelly,

Thinking of you and your sister, stay strong for her and be there for her when she needs you.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jackie
14-02-06, 16:00
hi kelly

hard times im sure but at least you have eachother. must be a very special relationship. the two of you will get through this

i am here as our all of us, take care and let us no how shes getting on.

positive vibes from ireland

jackie

kellynwv
14-02-06, 18:54
Thank you for your kind comments.

She is a strong woman and I look up to her... she is much stronger than I am.

Karen
14-02-06, 19:31
Sorry to hear your news Kelly.

Karen

"I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you."

kellynwv
14-02-06, 20:17
I just called and sent her flowers! I know she will love them.

nomorepanic
14-02-06, 20:56
Really sorry to hear this.

I hope that you find the strength to help her through this and look after yourself as well.

Nicola

looby
15-02-06, 18:54
thinking of you both. I know exactly what you are going through!!!!
she will just need you to be as strong for her as possible and I am sure you can be.

Looby
xxx

Forrest
16-02-06, 13:18
Sorry to hear about your sister...My cuz has had breast cancer and was at that stage too lost both breats and lyphnodes in her arm pits i can give you some help in a very good place to go for your sister that helped my cuz marie beat breast cancer marie was only 35 when she was dx with it and she is now cancer free for two years now but she tell me about this place in chicgo that she went for treatment and she said it one of the bests at fighting it she still flys there every six months for check ups if you want the info on the place i can get it for you i guess they are the best at fighting it head on..

kellynwv
16-02-06, 13:52
Thank you.

They said it is too late to remove her breasts because that would not remove the cells out of her body. That is the part that scares me the most. Knowing she has to go through treatment for the rest of her life. They did say she would get a break sometimes a week to three weeks here and there.

thanks so much.

Meg
17-02-06, 10:13
Hello Kelly.

Sorry to hear your sad news.

Fortunately breast cancer treatment contuniues to improve so we hope there is some treatment for your sister.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tnt808
23-02-06, 18:14
Kelly,

I am thinking of you and your family during this trying time. I hope you can manage through it. Please keep us posted on any new changes.

Thanks,
Tina

kellynwv
23-02-06, 18:18
Thank you Tina, and thanks to everyone.

I have no update right now. Her body does seem to adjust to the chemo better every week.

I have opened my heart and mind to what happens if she does not make it. I honestly think she will make it and live a long time, but I think facing the worse is best for me in the long run.. hopefully I will cope better. I haven't had any anxiety for two weeks, and I do want to keep it that way.. and I think I can support her better if I do remain calm.

Thanks again!

jackie
23-02-06, 18:43
many feel to face the worst and hope for better is the best. i read a book about that once and it seemed to work for many people

hope you both dont have to face it though. live with hope
jackie

kellynwv
24-02-06, 18:36
Hi,

I just called my sister and talked to her husband. He said she is not feeling good today. I called yesterday and she sounded so sad, and that is not like her.

She is the one that keeps ME going and is uplifting. Now, I guess it is my turn. I really do not even know what to say to her.

I avoid her sometimes because if I am having anxiety I do not want her to worry about me, when I use to run to her with any problem I had.

I guess I am saying I have lost my shoulder to lean on. I feel I can't talk to her about my problems anymore, because she has anough of her own. I am so thankful for my husband, because I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for him to be there for me.

Sorry just wanted to talk.