PDA

View Full Version : ectopics

Missy
14-02-06, 14:36
I have just joined and would like to I have found this site very useful and everyone seems friendly.
I have been suffering from ectopic beats like a fluttering feeling. I went to see doctor who said he thought it was anxiety as I had been under a very lot of stress at work. I have read some posts like this and feel a little more reassured. I seem to get them also with an upset stomach with lots of gas and belching and wonder if they are connected or anyone else gets this? thanks
Also how long do these runs of ectopic last and can I do anything to help myself?

Ammeg
14-02-06, 14:51
Hey missy!!
I am new to!!! I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for 3 years!!! its different for everyone who has them!! when i panic i cant breath and I could swear my heart is going to come out of my chest!! I find taking myself down the best thing to do- telling myself to relax and that everythings fine!!! Its worked for the past 3 yrs!!!!
Ammegx

jackie
14-02-06, 16:04
stomach problems are classic signs as well.

as for the ectopics, the less attention you give them and the more acceptance you have of all symptoms the better. dont worry how long they will last, just no they are not important and let time pass until they choose to go.

not my wise words but the words of author claire weekes, they are easier said than done but ultimately crucial to recovery, if you learn to do it let me no the secret

take care

jackie

Missy
14-02-06, 16:32
Thank you Jackie and Anmeg for your kind words.
I too have read a book by Claire Weekes and in it she says ectopics can be aggravagated by wind and indigestion. Just wondering if anyone agrees with this?
I wish I could read something and take in on board and stop worrying....instead of thinking maybe they are wrong..I have to laugh at myself!

Ammeg
14-02-06, 16:42
No problem!! I find its the best thing to do- laugh at yourself!!!