PDA

View Full Version : need some help today

LisaLisa
24-06-10, 10:50
Hi everyone

Sorry to be a pest again but i could do with some help today.

I always worry that i have hiv and that the five negative test results that I have had are wrong becuase i have a weird strain or something that the tests the nhs use arent picking up. I worry about this becuase i have something up with my salivary gland in my left cheek and i have read that happens with hiv. Also i have bad PMS and weird hormone stuff like low blood sugar going on. It all got really bad since i had my baby a year and a half ago.

I written on here a lot and am so gratefull for everyones help in the past but today im feeling really scared again and I cant stop touching my face feeling the lumpy bit and really worryin gthat they have just missed it with the tests

Sorry

Lisa
xxxxx

rebeccad
24-06-10, 11:31
hi lisa long long long time since i been on the site as i am doing so much better, im sorry your having a tough time still and it really sounds like ocd tendancys are perhaps returning for you hence the need to keep checking your cheek. I know this is easier said than done but you really need to stop checking as it only adds fuel to the fire, i know from experience this is so so hard when you are so worried, but maybe just go till lunch without checking it, then check it once and then not again till tea time, you really do have to make yourself and when you really have the urge to check go do something else, i cant believe im actually giving this advice as im the worlds worst checker when i have got something wrong with me. You know deep down that you dont have hiv and i really don t think you do either i would put my house on it there is no way so many tests can be wrong i think you would have broken some record somewhere lol if they were.

I hope your feeling better soon
xxxxx

blueangel
24-06-10, 11:41
Hi Lisa

If it's any help, blocked salivary glands are really really common as they are situated in a part of our bodies that have to deal with a lot of gooey stuff (like saliva and food! :D) If you keep prodding it, you'll make it sore!!

I'm not a doctor or a nurse, but it sounds to me as though your body hasn't finished adjusting to having a baby yet. I've never had children myself (I'm far, far too nutty) but it does all sorts of weird things to a woman's body. You've had to use it as a propagator for 9 months, and then feed the child afterwards, which must be damn hard work.

The NHS tests for HIV, as far as I know, are really accurate, so I would have thought that the chances of them being wrong are really remote. Hope this helps!

crazyhayz
25-06-10, 01:51
my anxiety starfted after having my son too, turns out i had post natal depression which i had never got treated for and it led to anxiety disorder. ive had all the right therapy and counselling and meds and im on road to recovery. this is anxiety, nothing more, u dont have HIV, 5 tests cant be wrong. Keep your chin up, and get some help through your health visitor or doctor for some meds maybe, and maybe counselling. tke cre xx