PDA

View Full Version : will there be any difference if i up my tablets 5mg more????

alwaysanxious
24-06-10, 11:06
hello sorry its me again, as some of you know ive been on 5mg of cipralex for a month now and feel i need to go up to 10mg, i am a little apprehensive as to the side effects of going up and extra 5 this propbably sounds silly and i might be my own worst enemy thinking like this but will i be ok ????? also 1 for the girls on this forum does your anxiety heighten when your monthly is due????? ive been awful with it this week then hey ho my monthly appeared and its lessond i am 41 now and my mum thinks im on the early menopause as at the minute there all over the place???? so 2 things id like some advice on if thats ok many thanks :shrug: at least i have u people to help surpport me :hugs:

lisa xx

Vixxy
25-06-10, 09:20
You shouldnt get anywhere near the same amount of side effects when you started if you increase the dose. I tend to get a muzzy head for a few days, then its ok again.
You should notice a benefit from increasing the meds.

snuggles1972
28-06-10, 05:24
I have to agree. Some people don't even notice or have side effects. They just feel better.

Chem
28-06-10, 13:10
alwaysanxious you don't say if you will be increasing your meds at your doctor's suggestion. Please don't adjust your dose until you have discussed it with him/her. It's unlikely you will notice side effects from an increase.

I too find that my anxiety changes at certain times of month. There does definitely seem to be a hormonal link.

Danath
28-06-10, 16:40
I've never had any increased side effects when ive upped meds before, but as the previous poster said, this is something for your doctor and pharmacist to do, you shouldnt adjust your meds yourself.

bazwelsh
29-06-10, 00:08
I was only discussing the same thing with my husband yesterday as I suffered quite a bad panic attack. He realised that each time I seem really bad, is when I'm on my period. I hadn't associated it but when he pointed it out he was quite right! don't tell him though otherwise he'll blame everything on it!:winks:

Gaynor

alwaysanxious
29-06-10, 20:45
hello all thankyou for the replies im sorry i failed to let you all know it was my doctor whom said i could up my meds so its ok there every 1 dont worry im not that silly to just do it myself u forget most anxiety sufferes and panic disorder peeps are too dam scared to take tablets in the 1st place lol so i wouldnt up the meds on my own,, anyway im pleased that i heard some positive feedback about hopefully not noticing the side effects as today was my 1st day of my 10mg tablet after being on 5mg for a month up till now i feel ok a little sicky but that might be my anxiety doing that, so fingers crossed im kind of waiting for sumthing awafull to happen still as i did suffer real bad on 5 mg so am a little scared... but thank you to ur replies ..:hugs: ill keep u posted

take care lisa x

maybeoneday
29-06-10, 21:03
hi lisa

im in the same situation as you, the only thing is ive been on seroxat for 12 years and they dont seem to be working anymore, my doctor sugested going up to 40mg instead of 20mg, i had a very bad time on them with side effects when i first starded them so am reluctant to up the dose, i told the doctor im frightened but he said just do it!!!! big help he is.
anyway i hope you feel better and well done for being brave.
dee

alias_kev
30-06-10, 21:57
Hey always,

If the Dr has suggested it then it sounds like you would benefit from increasing the cipralex (escitalopram). I think you said you were on 5mg once-per-day which is a pretty low dose.

When I came off Esc' I wrote a bit about the side-effects I had at the time, that post may help you (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=481552&postcount=1). I was up at 20mg per day.