PDA

View Full Version : smear test worry

neshpot
24-06-10, 11:55
I have always gone for regular smear test and luckily they have always been normal,except one which turned out was an infection. I went for one last week and the nurse said that there was a lot of mucus up there and that I had a cyst on my cervix, but nothing to worry about. But obviously i am worried. Trying not to think about it,but now every little twinge and ache and I'm thinking it is something to worry about. The nurse did say that i would probably get a callback due to the mucus distorting the results. As you can imagine my has run riot this last week. Did she see something unusual? Driving myself mad! :unsure:

blueangel
24-06-10, 13:29
Hi there

I know from personal experience that we can get cysts in all parts of our bodies. I seem to be prone to getting small ones on the roof of my mouth that have a clear fluid in them, so it may be that your cyst is made up of something very similar.

The mucus could be there for all sorts of reasons - it could be due to which part of your cycle you're in, or if you've changed your contraception, or if you've got a minor infection - or even that you've been bonking a lot!!!! :D. However, she could be right that it could distort the results, as it might have been harder for her to pick up enough cells for analysis.