PDA

View Full Version : Getting better but

ogarchamplin
23-02-04, 11:25
I have been on Zoloft and Klonapin now for three weeks. The out of control panic has gotten better but i am still feeling like my heart beats too strong or beats funny. I have to keep talking myself out of going to the ER. I swear i have some type of Arithmia problem!..will it ever end

Harrisburg, Pa

diana
23-02-04, 14:48
Hiya Ogarchamplin,

Great news about getting the out of control panic under control :). I am very happy that your meds are working for ya. Did`nt you have tests on your heart? and did`nt they come back good? I thought I read that somewhere else. Please excuse me if I am wrong. If that was`nt you and you think there may be a problem with your heart you should certainly get it checked out. Just to ease your mind a bit. However the heart irregularities are quite common with anxiety/panic. My heart seems to me that it skips beats and so forth, but I have had all kinds of tests run and the docs tell me my heart is fine. So that reassurance helps me a bit when I start getting those feelings of pain and missed beat twinges. I hope this has helped a bit. Just wanted you to know you are not alone!!!!!!!!!!! :). Best of luck to ya.

Take care,

Diana xxxx [:o)]

Meg
23-02-04, 18:28
Having palpitations and skipped beats when nervous are on eof the most common symptom.
Accept that your heart is fine and learn to smile each time they come. The calmer you stay the less you'll have the feelings.

Time, patience and calmness help it pass.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

ogarchamplin
24-02-04, 20:42
Just got back from the doc and he uped my Zoloft to 100mg per day. He wants to start weaning me off the Klonapin but that scares the hell out of me. He read my holter monitor test and he said that it was all but perfect. And that even thou i did not experince an event while wearing it he feels that a 30 day heart test is just not justified. I need to accept that my heart is fine but man today i swaer its not...but this is life w/ anxiety

Harrisburg, Pa

diana
25-02-04, 00:14
Hiya Ogarchamplin,

Great news on the halter monitor results!!!!!!!!!! :).

I hope the increase in the Zoloft helps you a bit more, and the weening off of the other med is`nt that hard on ya.

Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on with things. Just try to remember that your heart is fine and so are you.

It is just anxiety/panic and you can and will get through it. Good luck mate.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

ogarchamplin
25-02-04, 19:04
The part that i dont understand is how i can be fine for hours and then on the way for a gallon of milk my heart will beat funny. This is my reson to believe that there is something wrong. I always seem to have tightness and pain under my left arm pit and up towards the shoulder. It dosent help knowing that the cardioloigist thought that there was a very very small blockadge but ruled it out as a shadow. I am ill today and stayed home and while lying on the bed it seems to get worse.

Harrisburg, Pa

diana
27-02-04, 22:23
Hiya Ogarchamplin,

I know exactly how you are feeling. I have those same exact pains/uncomfortable feelings.

My Cardiologist said that I have a "STRETCHED HEART VALVE" but nothing serious. Which he also informed me that the pains/uncomfortable feelings I get are "NOT" from that.

I know now that they are most definitely anxiety/panic related as I have the pains/uncomfortable feelings back again, and I have been feeling somewhat anxious and borderline panicky.

I know if I had a "true" heart problem the pains/uncomfortable feelings would not only exist when I am anxious or panicky.

Try to keep telling yourself that it is just a symptom of anxiety/panic and that there is no real danger. You will be fine. Once you accept what it really is the fear of it will disappear.

Here`s to hoping you are feeling better soon :-).

Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

ogarchamplin
28-02-04, 00:29
Thank You ...its all just very hard sometimes

Harrisburg, Pa

diana
28-02-04, 03:32
I know Ogarchamplin................. it is indeed.

I do hope you are feeling a little more at ease now.

Keep posting to let us know how you are doing :).

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

ogarchamplin
28-02-04, 15:38
I went yesterday without taking any Klonapin...i kinda had a hard time sleeping. I have been on Klonapin 2x a day now for 16 months and now my doc wants me off of it.

Harrisburg, Pa

benoo5
28-02-04, 16:07
hya matey,

just because your doc upped the doseage of your other tabs,shouldnt mean going cold turkey with the klonapin...surely he/she suggested a gradual decrease,so as to avoid any possible side-affects...let us know!

i agree with the other posts,your heart is just playing silly beggars,because your overly anxious..if mine starts to race,i just give my chest a slap,with the flat of my hand,and tell it to BEHAVE ITSELF.

best wishes...bryan.